Labour Day 2012 Play-by-Play Game Thread: 9/3/2012

Labour Day 2012: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: September 3, 2012

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. And it's not just any gameday. It's Labour Day. And it's not just any Labour Day. It's the final Labour Day game that will be played at Ivor Wynne Stadium. And it is time to post the thread for posting about the game as it happens. If you want to post about the game as it's happening, this is the place to do so. There may not be as many posts here today, with regular contributors here being at IWS. But in any case, here we go.

WHAT – Labour Day. This final Labour Day classic at Ivor Wynne Stadium. Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team. Good vs. Evil. :wink:

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team (also known as the Blew Team, Arblows, Arseblows, Argholes, Arenogoods, Argoofs, Vacuum Cleaners, Vacuum Creators, Big Choke from the Big Smoke, Shipwrecks, Dinghy of Despair, Pond Scum, Ugly Bags of Mostly Water, Putrid Biped Excrescences, Evil Incarnate, or They Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken, as you never call them the "Ar******s".)

WHY – To see if the Ticats can get a much-needed win in the final Labour Day game that will be played at IWS.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Monday, September 3rd, 2012, at 1:00 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this
game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view what Drew Edwards posts on Twitter. He'll likely be tweeting during the game.

Click here to view the Ticats depth chart.

On Labour Day, the game is always considered a must-win. But it's even more important than it usually is that the Ticats win this game. First, to end their three game losing streak, and to not fall to far below .500, and to not let the blue team get any further ahead in the standings. And also, because we wouldn't want the last Labour Day game to be played at IWS to be a Ticat loss. This could in fact be the most significant Labour Day game in a long time. There have been some memorable ones, and let's hope this one will be one that we'll enjoy looking back on.

And now I say, just a little more "loudly" than usual, because it is Labour Day...

GO TICATS!

WOOOO, Thanks BYF.

I get to watch the game on NBC sports today! I'll be cheering hard!

Oskie Wa-Wa

Good to see you back BYF
This is a must win for the Ti-Cats in many respects. The Cats need a win and Ivor Wynne Stadium needs one last Labour Day memory.

One note for anyone else that listens to the games on CHML on-line, CHML will be carrying the McMaster game on-line and the Ti-Cat game over the air.

The game will be on TSN Radio

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

10 things the Tiger-Cats must accomplish today:

1 --------------- WIN

2-10) ---------- Defer to # 1

This my first game since moving into university and I am skipping out on a all day trip to Wasaga beach just to watch it. I tried to explain it to everyone on my floor but they just don't understand how big a deal LDC is to Hamilton fans and they think I am a moron for sticking behind to watch as they all go party on the beach.

100 times out of 100 however, I choose the Ti-Cats. Also this is my first LDC in enemy territory (York U), and not going to lie it feels weird knowing im not going to see all the fans walking past my house or driving by Ivor Wynne and seeing the huge tailgate party.

I honestly can't see us losing this game, this game means the world to us fans as the final LDC at IWS. It would break the cities heart to see the Argos walk away with a victory today, the Cats have to be aware of all this and use it as fuel.

NBC sports is carrying this game in the U.S.?

I thought there were no TiCats games slated on the NBCSN CFL schedule this year?

my mistake...in fact there are 3 Hamilton games to be aired.
(poor excuse- I live under a rock)
here is the schedule:

Regular Season
Monday, August, 27 - 7:30pm
Edmonton at Toronto
Friday, August, 31 - 7:30pm BC at Montreal
Monday, September 3, 1:00pm Toronto at Hamilton
Monday, September 3, 4:30pm Edmonton at Calgary
Friday, September 7, 9:00pm Calgary at Edmonton
Friday, October 5, 9:00pm Hamilton at Edmonton
Friday, October 19, 10:00pm Edmonton at BC
Thursday, November 1, 7:30pm Hamilton at Toronto
Friday, November 2, 9:00pm Calgary at Edmonton

CFL Playoffs
Sunday, November 11, 4:30pm
Division Semi-Finals
Sunday, November 11, 11:00pm Division Semi-Finals
Sunday, November 18, 4:30pm Division Finals
Sunday, November 18, 11:00pm Division Finals

100th Grey Cup Championship
Sunday, November 25, 6:00 100th Grey Cup in Toronto

Yeah Dog,

Check this out, 3 games too, plus any playoff games we’ll be in :smiley:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/20/nbc-sports-network-to-air-14-cfl-games-in-2012/142190/

Don’t feel bad, I get to look at rocks all day for a living :cry:

I am stuck at work can anyone tell me how to get the game on the internet. please

http://www.justin.tv/

Set up an account, and when game time nears, search “CFL Football” and usually a couple people are streaming the game live, in HD even! Hope this works…

Hopefully the Cats are ready to lay a mauling lickin on them Argos from down the QEW, the final game at the current IWS just can't have an Argo victory, no way.

There's a lot of hoopla about the fact that it's THE labour day game but forget about all the hype. The bottom line is the Cats NEED a win here. With Montreal on a tear in their last few games they will run away with the East crown this year and we might not even get a home playoff game. These next two home and homes are critical for the Cats.

Thing is all this hooplah is there for a reason. LDC means a lot to Ti-Cat fans and if this team cant get motivated to play in front of likely the largest crowd of the year and most definitely the most rabid, then this team is a lost cause.

No doubt this is a must win in terms of standings but even if we were 0-8 right now, it would still be a must win in my mind.

......in the skies, besides the Canadian Warplane Heritage fly-by, cover your ears and get ready for a little extra special thunder at game-time ........ :wink:

Really??? CF-18’s?

Man if you helped this happen Thankyou, your my hero right now.

…credit goes squarely on President Mitchell and the rest of the Ticats office for this one …and…your pilot, Captain Tom Lawrence (call sign…“Banger”)

I hope Creehan has used the time off to dissect Ray's tendencies and put together a game plan designed specifically to take away Ray's bread-and-butter plays. Shut down the corners and posts and send five-man pressure at minimum. The Argo O-line isn't strong enough to handle well-disguised stunts and extra-man pressure, nor is Ray mobile enough to escape the pocket consistently if he's under pressure. If you pressure Ray and take away his favourite plays, he's fairly ordinary IMO.

It's game time
LET'S GO CATS!

Lets make this a Labour Day Classic and not a Labour Day Nightmare!

Go 'Cats!