Labour Day 2010 Play-by-Play Game Thread (9/6/2010)

Labour Day 2010: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: September 6, 2010

Tiger-Cats gameday is here again. But it is not just any gameday. It is Labour Day. And so the time to post the thread for posting about the Labour Day Classic as it happens has come. If you would like to post about what happens during the game as it happens, this is the thread for that. There might not be as many posts to the thread this time, as it's only this who wish they could be at the game who'll be posting to it. But this thread is here for those who want to participate in it. And here we go.

WHAT – Labour Day: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team.

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team.

WHY – To see if the Ticats can move ahead of the blue team in the standings, move above .500 for the first time this year, and win the season series against the blue team.

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Monday, September 6th, 2010, at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) or Y108 (107.9 MHz FM) broadcasting from Hamilton.

Television: TSN.

Internet: Visit http://www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.

Click here to view CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, which will likely be just after the opening kickoff.

Click here to view Drew Edwards' blog. Drew will probably be doing live updates during the game.

Click here to read the preview on Ticats.ca

Click here to view the game preview on Ticats TV. You have to like what AB3 said at the end of it.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart.

Click here to view the "Labour Day Code" video. It is very entertaining, and appropriate for Labour Day.

Click here and here to view those "Rivalry Lives On" commercials.

Click here for today's weather forecast. At the time I'm posting this, there is a 30% probability of precipitation and southwest winds of 35 km/h are expected. And at time this was posted, it was expected that the temperature will be about 24 degrees Celsius.

Here we are. It is Labour Day. Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team. Steeltown vs. Hogtown. Blue-collar vs. white collar. Smog vs. smug. A rivalry that is about as old as this country. This game matters even more than it usually does for reasons previously mentioned in this post. There has been a lot of talk about stadium location recently. But today, for a few hours at least, there is only one stadium location that matters. I'll give you the address of that location: 75 Balsam Avenue North, Hamilton, Ontario, L8L 8C1. And you can click here to get a picture of that location taken from a satellite. And you can click here to view it on Google Street View. That location had better be the site of a Ticat victory today, as about 30,000 fans celebrate victory there. There is of course, only one thing left to day, and that is...

Go Ticats!

Fantastic job yet again BYF.... alas, I will not be participating in this thread today.... I'll be right behind the bad guys bench heckling the hell out of them... it's going to be a blast today and I fully expect a big TiCat win!!!

GO CATS!!!!!!!

Hear, hear.

I hope their not going to feed the Cats till they get the Boatmen on the field. :twisted: :twisted:

Stop by and say hi. I am assigned to that area. Hopefully I don't get pulled off again to take tickets

X3 !!

Thanks again, BYF! I'll be here.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

30 minutes to "Cap" off

3 Hours to "Kick off"

I am STOKED!!

Lets make some noise today boys!
Cant wait till kickoff, im pumped.

Great job, again!

Can't wait for the game to start. This could literally be the game of the decade.

The outcome of this game could determine how the balance of the season turns out.

Oski-wa-wa!

:D :D :D

That works!!

Not only that, it's an animated gif file of...well, a large jungle cat eating a Greek sailor raw -- it works GREAT on MSN LMAO :smiley:

A Sam Peckinpah feline dining production even! LOL

Well heading out... here's to a great game by the Cats.... I will check in at halftime via my IPOD or blackberry .... have a good GDT everyone and........

OSKEE WEE WEE!!!!

Make sure you make some noise :slight_smile:
n im leave now as well so.

looks like a great day for football!

TSN has a little expose on IWS, Stephen Brunt thinks the Aberdeen site is “alive” and now the panel is talking about their stadium memories.

Thank you everyone for the compliments on how I started the game thread. And HTD, as much as I enjoy your presence in these game threads, I prefer that you be there at IWS, contributing to raising the volume, and heckling the blue team members.

I said that the only stadium location that matters now is the one at 75 Balsam Avenue North. And the TSN pre-game show focused mostly on that. There was a great segment on it on TSN, and I'll post a link to it when its available on TSN.ca. And I liked seeing that shirt that said "KEEP THE TICATS, TRADE CITY COUNCIL" (or something like that) on a fan there.

On CHML is the McMaster-Laurier game. I understand that after defeating the defending Vanier Cup champs last week, they are not doing so well now, down 20-0 at the half. Hopefully Hamilton's pro football team will do well.

Kickoff in about 10 minutes...

Ticats scratches: OL Brian Ramsay, OL Matt Morencie, DT Albert Smith, DE Khari Long

Blue team scratches: DB Michael Grant, OL Joe Eppele, OL Shannon Boatman, DL Adriano Belli

Apparently Belli's ankle acted up.

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2010/09/important-updates-from-ivor-wynne.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2010/ ... wynne.html[/url]

Kickoff in a few minutes...

Game on!

After the CF-18 flyover, Wilbur with illegal kickoff out of bounds. Not the best start, but crowd into it!

Today is a huge game. A strong dominating win can set the wheels in motion for the second half of the season .
It's very early in the AM here, a half a night's sleep is ok as long a we win.
Let's Go Cats

HA! Lemon was obviously over the LOS on that first pass!