Labour Day 2007 Play-by-Play Game Thread

Labour Day 2007: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team: September 3, 2007

http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_tor.jpg
vs.
http://www.cfl.ca/themes/cfl2/graphics/team_ham.jpg

Labour Day is here, and so the annual Labour Day games are to be played today. And so now it is time for the game thread for this game to be posted. If you are one of those who’ll unfortunately not be able to be there at IWS, this will be the thread for commenting on the game as it happens.

WHAT – Labour Day 2007: Tiger-Cats vs. Blue Team

WHO - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and that blue team.

WHY – It is Labour Day. What more needs to be said?

WHERE - Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton, Ontario.

WHEN - Monday, September 3rd, at 1:00 p.m. EDT

HOW - Radio: CHML (900 kHz AM) broadcasting from Hamilton, or The FAN 590 (590kHz AM) broadcasting from Toronto.

Television: CBC.

Internet: Visit www.900chml.com and click the “listen live? link, or simply click here to listen to CHML now.
You can also visit www.fan590.com and click the “listen live? link if you would like to hear the game from the perspective of Toronto’s talking heads.

It is also available via CFL broadband, which you can sign up for if you click here. It will also be available via CBC’s website, and you can bring up its Internet broadcast if you click here.

Click here to get CFL.ca's live scoreboard for recent games. You can click the link to view this game's scoreboard whenever it becomes available, likely just after the opening kickoff.

Click here for the game preview here on Ticats.ca.

Click here for an article where players share their Labour Day memories.

Click here to view a video game preview via "Ticats TV." In this clip that is 4:27 in length are parts of interviews with Marcel Desjardins, Ray Mariuz, Jerome Davis, and Marwan Hage. Timmy Chang starting was discussed, and it was good to hear what Mariuz had to say about the rivalry.

Click here for the Tiger-Cats depth chart. And there you’ll see significant changes from last week being Chang and Armstead being listed as starters on offence. And Jamacia Jackson is now listed as a DE.
Click here for that "interactive" depth chart.

The blue team’s depth chart is not yet available, but you can click here to view previous depth charts of theirs, and the one for this game whenever it comes up.

Click here for this afternoon's weather forecast. Right now, there is a 0% probability of precipitation this afternoon and west winds of 20 km/h are expected. And at this time, it is expected that the temperature is expected to be about 28 degrees Celsius, but it's expected to feel like 33 degrees with the humidity.

And so Labour Day is finally here. And it begins with the blue team being ahead of the Ticats in the standing by two points. This year’s Labour Day game will be the first of two games in consecutive weeks in which these two teams play against each other. Both teams will want to win both games considering where they are in the standings, and who their opponents are. Indeed, the standings do not seem to mean as much on this day. Losing is not an option when playing the blue team. Ever. Especially on Labour Day. Now let’s see if will truly be a Labour Day Classic.

Go Ticats!

Oskee Wee Wee!

Go Chang Go!!!

Just a little more than 3 hours to kick-off.

Let's not forget about those less fortunate - support todays alumni food drive

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19860]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... ic&t=19860[/url]

Oskii Wee Wee - GO CATS GO!!!

It has been a hellish week for me, so I'm really looking forward to the games today LOL!

I'll be posting along periodically here, so I hope to see some of you here!

Oski Wee Wee,

I tell ya BYF, it's a constant.. the PBP threads you create are awesome... but alas, I will be missing my second PBP thread in as many weeks.. no.. no wedding this week... today I WILL BE AT THE GAME!!!!!!! Go Cats GO!!! you boys and girls play nice now ya hear!

it's time to sink to boatmen!!!!!

I guess it will be safe to say this now, before the game starts:

Argos SUCK

tricky eh!

may the best team win, which isn't saying much.

:-)

Thanks for another excellent game day thread, BobYoungFan. Even for those of us who are attending the game, your thread provides helpful pre-game information and colourful in-game analysis by the ticats.ca fans to read after the game.

Go Cats Go!

Lumsden won't be playing today...ughhhhhh :frowning:

(shoulder)

But Bruce is out too. And that is a huge loss for Toronto.

We finally get to see Anthony Davis start and play a game. He better prove he was worth keeping around.

OK I just turned on the CBC to find out Lumsden is out???? UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone
Another fine thread BYF
It's 1:00 AM and I just got out of my bed to listen to this
These bums better win
Go Cats

it is what it is…the team has to forget about worrying about it today and forge on…

For sure Jesse will be on the bench anyhow pumping these guys up and helping out on the coaching end of things…we can overcome this if Davis gets in the right frame of mind…shouldn’t take much on Labour Day

Let's not start today with excuses. The time for that is long past.
From here on. results are all that matter.
Itstarts today!

Go, Cats, go!

LET's play ball!!! go armstead!

Our ball to start
Let’s go Timmy

Nice pass by Chang

Now Chang needs to settle down.

WOW what a beautiful punt by Setta

What a punt!!!