Labor day/Banjo bowl

There are topics on the Battle of Alberta and the Argos and Cats games, but lets talk abou the greatest Labor day game and the great Banjo Bowl. Who do you think will win?

I say Winnipeg in both games (surprised? :lol: ).

Not surprised in the least, Kanga. I think it'll be a split. No fence sitting for me on this one - Riders will win at home (we can pray), and then Winnipeg will do the same. I'm still thinking neither team will make the playoffs (yes, I know there's still a chance. . .) but regardless, these two games are gonna be good. If you wanna find me Sunday, I'll be parked on my couch watching, since the game is bloody well sold out and I couldn't get a ticket. . .

Sorry to hear that jm. I will be there in section 42 all in green. I am gonna be taking a friend to their first ever CFL game. I figure labour day is an ok one to go to.

I think both games will be close. I see the Riders at least winning one. Its really just a guessing game with these two.

winnipeg winning both....kevin glenn has come alive!!!

either way, im lookin foward to watchin these sure-to-be classics on t.v.

I am expecting the bombers to put up a lot of points, the difference will be whether or not the riders offence can do the same.......win or lose, we booze. LDC party on brothers......

Even in the lean years, you could always count on Sask giving a good performance on this one. I will call the Riders by 11 in this game (that would be one TD, one field goal, and one missed field goal), but then a likely loss in Winnipeg.

I have to be optimistic as I will be making my annual pilgrimage to this game, watermelon and all.

Even in the lean years, you could always count on Sask giving a good performance on this one. I will call the Riders by 11 in this game (that would be one TD, one field goal, and one missed field goal), but then a likely loss in Winnipeg.

I have to be optimistic as I will be making my annual pilgrimage to this game, watermelon and all.

Even Though These Two Team Are Both Bottom Feeders In The Stadings Niether One Deserves To Be At Such A Loss For Wins As These Two Are.
Saskatchewan Had Some Large Injury Problems At The Beginning Of The Season And Winnipeg Has Had A Lot Of Problems With The QBs And Offence Not Producing. Should Be A Great Defencive Stuggle.

On A Side Bar I'd Like To Bring Up The Fact That Edmonton/Calgary Have The Battle Of Alberta, Saskatchewan/Winnipeg Have The Banjo Bowl. Since This Year The Argo/Ti-Cats Will Be Playing A Labour Day Classic Fallowup Game It Needs A Name. Any Ideas?

how bout......"ANOTHER ARGO WIN"...what about that name..hahahaha

but in all seriousness, the follow-up matches do need a nick-name

i barely managed to get my tickets but im goin to both games so i say sask. takes it at home and winnipeg just edges it out in their house

rough ridas , you have a Cfl dream , the anticapation is getting me down...

The "Golden Horse Shoe Classic".

Just… why?

Boatmen + Felines = Horseshoe?

The follow-up week for the Alouettes also has a name: The Bye Week.

The one game in Winnipeg is not televised...only the one in Saskatchewan which is the Labour Day classic will be on t.v. Right? Anyway, I don't want to predict anything for these two next games for the Bombers - I just have a strong feeling on picking them.

As for Edmonton/Calgary - GO ESKS GO! - Help out the Blue!
and...
As for Toronto/Hamilton - Meh. I just hope the Argos win. :slight_smile:

Becase the Toronto-Hamilton regoin is called the “Golden Horseshoe” and “Classic” for no reson but it sounds good with it.

I can see the anocer now:

Welcome to the GOLDEN HORSESHOE CCCLLLLLLLAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCC!!!

Should be a home and home split.

If Saskatchewan loses the first one, expect Crandell to start in Winnipeg.

When BC, Ottawa, Montreal, and the tenth team have two soild Ladorbay match ups, 3nd, then we will name the games.

I can't see the Bombers having to difficult of a time winning both games. Riders are pitifull this year.

ooooooh, if this forum wasn’t monitored.

C'mon, you know it's true!!!

• Bombers have a decent QB in Glenn.
  • Riders have been turning the ball over more times in a game then most teams do in a month.

Riders only chance is to completly abandon the passing game and simply hand the ball off to Holms on each down.