kyle Quinlin

What does that have to do with me or the point I'm making? Again, you constantly show that you have no perspective on certain topics. You're totally avoiding the point I made and bringing up an unrelated issue.

It honestly sometimes seems that you and d&p are trying to literally flood this place with your own posts. Are we being invaded? Are you declaring war on us or something? It's all very confusing.

Not at all. I just gave my opinion in an existing thread and that bothers you. Plain and simple. If I had starte a Kinlan thread you would be correct that it is out of place.

[b]The Spectator Scott Radley

The guy seen as the Great Canadian Hope for his apparent chance to end the long drought of homegrown quarterbacks being shut out of the CFL is admittedly more than a little anxious about what the reaction is going to be to his stunning decision to turn down a chance to try out for the Montreal Alouettes and instead accept a part-time coaching job with McMaster University.

So why do it? What's behind this shocking move?

The more he thought about his future, the less enthused he became. He loved Mac. He loved university ball. He loved the entire CIS experience. He didn't love his tastes of the pros.

"My only experiences in the CFL are two training camps where I frankly stood around and didn't do anything," he says.

But he honestly says the experiences didn't make him crave a life in the pros. The more he thought about paces the sidelines holding a clipboard as a third-string QB — if that — the less the idea appealed to him.

Then when he received a last-minute invitation to Montreal's spring quarterback camp in Florida just two days before he was to leave, he started wondering if he was really in their plans at all or just a PR prop. He says the team apologized and called it a communication breakdown, but being made to feel like an afterthought was essentially the clincher.

"If I'm a guy you're going to invest a lot into, I'm not sure that happens," he says.
[/b]

[url=http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3249469-why-kyle-quinlan-isn-t-going-pro-/]http://www.thespec.com/news-story/32494 ... oing-pro-/[/url]

No harm done, and I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your original post.

I found your attack on Quinlan a little over the top, name calling is very poor etiquette, "regardless of occupation"IMHO.
The thing is, this is a message board. Like it or not, players are going to come in for their share of criticism. I wasn't questioning Quinlan's parentage or calling him names, just noting that the decision to quit days before training camp was immature and unprofessional. That's quite different from attacking members on the board itself.

Well apparently there is another side to this story.
He also told the team weeks ago and stated how difficult it was to tell Popp he was leaving.

[url=http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3249469-why-kyle-quinlan-isn-t-going-pro-/]http://www.thespec.com/news-story/32494 ... oing-pro-/[/url]

[i][b]"Officially I made (the decision) a couple weeks ago," he says. "That's when I called the Als and let them know. But it's been something I've been mulling for a while."

So he's at peace with it.[/b][/i]

[b]The Spectator Scott Radley

The guy seen as the Great Canadian Hope for his apparent chance to end the long drought of homegrown quarterbacks being shut out of the CFL is admittedly more than a little anxious about what the reaction is going to be to his stunning decision to turn down a chance to try out for the Montreal Alouettes and instead accept a part-time coaching job with McMaster University.

So why do it? What's behind this shocking move?

The more he thought about his future, the less enthused he became. He loved Mac. He loved university ball. He loved the entire CIS experience. He didn't love his tastes of the pros.

"My only experiences in the CFL are two training camps where I frankly stood around and didn't do anything," he says.

But he honestly says the experiences didn't make him crave a life in the pros. The more he thought about paces the sidelines holding a clipboard as a third-string QB — if that — the less the idea appealed to him.

Then when he received a last-minute invitation to Montreal's spring quarterback camp in Florida just two days before he was to leave, he started wondering if he was really in their plans at all or just a PR prop. He says the team apologized and called it a communication breakdown, but being made to feel like an afterthought was essentially the clincher.

"If I'm a guy you're going to invest a lot into, I'm not sure that happens," he says.
[/b]

sadly, It seems Quinlan felt the pervasive repression of the Canadian QB was near impossible to overcome.

good luck to him in his future endeavors.

The Spectator Scott Radley [snip]Then when he received a last-minute invitation to Montreal's spring quarterback camp in Florida just two days before he was to leave, he started wondering if he was really in their plans at all or just a PR prop. He says the team apologized and called it a communication breakdown, but being made to feel like an afterthought was essentially the clincher.

Hmmm. You might even say that giving a player only two days notice for your spring quarterback camp in another country was... wait for it... "unprofessional". :cowboy:

They all got a letter from the HC a couple weeks before with the dates on it. If your not sure about things you call the team office. Anyway it is his decision and he will have to live with it.

Integrity is important. Will there be retractions by the posters who made personal attacks on Quinlan now that more of the facts have come out? We shall see...

There's nothing quite like cheering for a local product with real talent who plays a skilled position. This is disappointing. Like not being able to cheer for J. Lumsden anymore.

I think the Als group here is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Is it likely that Kyle Quinlan will be a starter this year? Clearly no. Next year? Not a chance. He will be number 3 on the depth chart for sometime. Is it because he lacks talent? Not from what I`ve seen, in my humble opinion.

Hamilton lost a receiver shortly before rookie camp opened. The man retired. My goodness, according to that Montreal crowd, he should be tarred and feathered.

Kyle Quinlan is not immature, lacking mental toughness, or a jacka$$ (as Discipline liked to call him). He’s a young man who changed his mind and his career. Did it conflict with the Alouettes plan? I guess, but in the end, in the much bigger scheme of life, that doesn’t matter. It’s only a game. And this is Kyle’s future. He’s gets to decide it without the unecessary input or comments from anyone else. And yes, THIS IS about him because life is precious!!!

Any of you who think that he lacks toughness or maturity, remember he won a Vanier Cup against the richest university football program in the country. What have you complainers done to top that?

I didn’t think so…

What facts? He does not believe he will get a fair shake because he went to a camp in Hamilton (as a guest) and as an observer last year in Montreal. In life when you want something you have to go out and grab it. He does not have the motivation...Let's hope he has no regrets. Nothing sucks more than living with regrets for things you did not do.

But he did do it and it didn't work out for him for whatever reasons.
He gave it a shot and his heart wasn't in it.
Obviously he feels he has accomplished as much as he can as a player.
He gave ample notice and personally talked to Popp.
IMHO I would say that was the proper way to handle it. (maturity and class)
Now he has an opportunity to coach on a team he absolutely loves
under a coach he has the greatest respect for.
I respect his decision

I am really disappointed. I was really rooting for him and feel he could win a spot. He has all the tools, he just needed to go through the process. Popp assured he would get a fair shake. Best of luck to him but I am disappointed to no end.