Kromah Dealt To Blue Bombers

Why is it “a bit disgusting” IYO, to want to play a potentially better player. I did not mention Plesius’ citizenship in any of my posts about him. Why must you? His nationality has nothing to do with his ability.

You are right about one thing. The coaches decide who starts and not the fans. We can only hope they make the right decisions and point out when it appears that they haven’t (from the results). If this makes me a keyboard coach, so be it. I wear the title proudly.

By the same measure, you sharing your opinion that he should be starting, is that not also keyboard coaching? :wink: There is no difference other than your opinion currently matches the coaching staff’s opinion. The same coaching staff who are currently coaching a 0 - 2 team BTW. If they were 2 - 0 I would defer to their demonstrably better judgement.

Like a typical fan that is a bit ignorant to the game, you only focus on the things that a child could also notice. Only the most simple factors, like losses etc.

I played football at the high school, university, and even a bit at the pro level as a FA in Ottawa’s camp in 2003, and then BC in 2004, so I am not just some misinformed keyboard coach. I speak from legitimate experience, not empty conjecture.

You simply don’t have an eye for talent if you’re not impressed with FP.

So if you have all of that experience (we are not worthy :lol: ) why could you not answer my questions? :oops:

Why are you not listed on the BC all time roster if you were there in 2004? Not good enough to make the team (with your amazing football smarts), or, did you embellish your resume? http://www.bclions.com/uploads/assets/B … 202010.pdf :stuck_out_tongue:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Mike was told. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have been called both delusional and ignorant by yourself in this thread. If you have nothing intelligent to offer in defense of FP perhaps taking a nap might bring forth a more favourable result?

I am not certain why “Canadian fan” was specified, but any fan of a CFL team should IMO be upset if an international is played ahead of a national if the former is only “potentially” better than the latter, unless their national depth is so strong that the national replaced is their weakest national (i.e., they couldn’t benefit more from an international at another position).

I offered a few arguments for FP in my post near the top of this page, and I guess you're simply choosing to ignore them. I even explained my points in a very simplified manner so that people could understand me. You don't get it, because well... you don't get it, and you love to give constant examples of that.

Also, you assume I wasn't good enough. Maybe not to make the active roster, but how many times have you been signed by a CFL team? I did it twice. I achieved more than about 90% of university players Canada do, and through your own lack of understanding you didn't even know or have the ability to comprehend that.

Virtually everything you have typed in this thread shows your lack of knowledge and understanding. Period.

If you had any self respect then you would actively work toward showing people your strengths, not your weaknesses as you've done here. It's as if you're on some insane mission to show everyone how little you get football. Do you just stare at the field with a blank mind during a game? Most fans only really understand the score and wins/losses, and there is no shame in that as long as you don't try to pass yourself off as having more knowledge than you do. Are you actively trying to be a fraud, Mike?

When the national is a weak player, as Plesius has demonstrated, then yes any international that is potentially better should be given a chance to show they are better. Unfortunately KevinPatrick, whoever he is, doesn’t believe that anyone without his own pedigree is able to have this sort of opinion. And, if they do, without his experience (which no one lies on the internet do they? :roll: ) they aren’t able to be correct in their opinions. I find this attitude to be both elitist and condescending at the same time. He seems to think that only those who have played the game professionally (was a training camp body twice, by his own admission) are capable of understanding both how the game is played and how to rate players. I feel very sorry for this person. He must not have many friends if this is his attitude about life in general.

Plesius has the size and speed to play the middle. Let him grow and learn from his mistakes. If he was an international he would be given chance after chance.

I agree with almost all of this post. But Filer is hurt and on the six game list. And O’Neill started some games last year (maybe three at centre and five at RG) and played well So it could have been that the plan was Wojt, Filer, O’Neill. That plan may not have had enough National depth, but as patmac points out, the National depth elsewhere may compensate.

To link my previous post with the thread, I personally think Plesius will turn out very well. But he has no National back-up, assuming Prime is a FB. In game, that would probably mean moving Lawrence to the middle and putting in Landry or Kruba as the other linebacker, or maybe something more complicated. But a starting lineup without Plesius might have Bowman in.

I have to agree with @Mikefrmthhammer on the subject of Plesius.

He has not looked good at all. I echo Mike's sentiments. Either standing around the pile or pancaked away from the play. He can't get separation when being blocked by Olinemen. He doesn't fill well. The only strong part of his game in my eyes is his pursuit.

In fact, if you watch closely, in the 2nd half of the Riders game and much of the Esks game, Freddy was not playing MlB. Simoni Lawrence was in the middle with Plesius placed on the edge. Even while lined up on the edge, #33 got zero pressure and hardly was involved in the play(s).

Whether this is a designed scheme or an in game change to address his weakness is up for debate. But I do find it interesting that they'd slide Simoni into the middle to rush & Plesius on the edge. My interpretation is that it is/was an in-game adjustment.

I would fully expect to see a change in the linebacker unit soon with Plesius losing his starting position & being relegated to situational play & special teams.

From Drew Edwards at The Spec:

• look for newcomer Taylor Reed to get the start at middle linebacker, based on what I saw on practice this week and, of course, Twitter:

@Tank_Reed1911: Went from jobless to starting Mike backer in the CFL in 3 weeks. Can’t tell me God isn’t an on time God! #Ticats #44

• I would expect it will be either David Caldwell or Erik Harris at SAM for Murray. Both took reps this week.

[url=http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2014/07/a-quick-update-on-the-ticats.html]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2014/ ... icats.html[/url]

The right move. Plesius has struggled, so lets see what we have with Reed. The ratio flexibility allows it. Plus, if Beau Landry is banged up (missed a couple practices this week), you get another special teams demon in Plesius.

Austin must have a lot of confidence in Reed to replace NAT Plesius as MIKE and will have to juggle the lineup elsewhere, possibly starting Stephen in place of Coe on the corner.

I think it's more like the confidence that Reinebold has in Reed. Jeff would have been part of the recruiting process that landed Taylor at SMU and he played there from '08 to '12 while Jeff coached with the Ponies from '08 to '11.

Obviously Austin makes the ultimate call, but I would think Taylor's arrival here and quick progression has a lot to do with Coach Reinebold. The kid is a tackling machine. 400 tackles in 52 games with SMU. 258 of them solo. That's almost 5 solo takedowns per game. Those are pretty good numbers.

Look for Courtney Stephen to start at field corner if they want to stick with 4 nationals starting on Defense.

Why would the Peglets cut Taylor Reed with all that talent and take Kromah from our practice roster. :cowboy:

Reed was only a practice roster player near the end of last season with the Bombers. He then went back down to the NFL with Dallas & New England on their practice rosters. He was released by the Pats at the end of December last year.

Kromah wasn’t picked off the TiCats’ practice roster. He was traded to the Bombers for future considerations.

I suspect that with the injury situation on the O-Line and the team having to utilize 3 imports out of 5 starting positions there,that the only way to accommodate the ratio will be using 4 Cdn starters on offence (Fantuz,Giguere,O’Neill,Rice)and 4 on defence(Laurent,Bulcke,Butler,Stephen).With 8 Cdn starters,that would leave room for 15 Imp starters (1rb/3rec/3ol on offence)(2de/3lb/3db on defence)that would leave room for 4 D.I spots plus Medlock on the gameday 44.

8) Well, looks like FenderGuy69, and Mikefrmthammer, were right !!! :lol:

Way to go Mike and Fender. Your apparently 'ignorant' observations on the matter appear to have not been quite so ignorant after all. I wonder if that will be acknowledged by the poster who uses my real first name as his faux last name on this board. :slight_smile: