Kornegay Placed On Waivers

8) TSN reporting that the Saskatchewan Roughriders have placed veteran DB, and former TiCat Tad Kournegay on waivers.
   If no other team claims him off waivers, Regina will simply release him.

I think Regina's problems run far deeper than Kournegay, but it appears he is the first casuality !!

Good Sam linebacker, average corner. Nothing we need. Definitely an interesting move though.

"bring him to Hamilton"

Thad is great Guy Ronfromtigertown I got spend abit pf time with Tad when he was a Ticat.
Hope someone picks him up

According to the Saskatchewan roster of last week's game, Kornegay was a backup Cornerback to Tristan Jackson. This simply tells me that Kornegay was never really considered to be a starter in the first place, thus, being placed on waivers and subsequently released really won't be much of an issue with the team.
I'm not all that surprised by his release, since he did get burned "big-time" by Thigpen. There was an article by Drew Edwards earlier this week that said that Kevin Glenn had made a comment about Kornegay getting beat by Thigpen. Glenn said that he keeps in touch with Kornegay and that he will always remind Tad about that play. I really doubt that he'll be doing any of that kind of ribbing now. Being released is not something you mock a player about.
In any case, it will be interesting to see what other things Saskatchewan tries to do to help themselves. Their defense certainly needs some serious bolstering, for starters. I just hope that Greg Marshall has a better overall inaugural season with his new Head Coach job than what has transpired up to now. I do believe that he deserves to be a Head Coach. On a side note, I can imagine that Coach MB here is feeling much more relaxed this season with his new rookie Coordinators and not having a huge potential threat named Greg Marshall constantly looking over his shoulders! :cowboy:

This.

He has now signed with BC.

From tsn.ca:

"The winless B.C. Lions have made a move to improve their defensive secondary.

Defensive back Tad Kornegay agreed to terms with the club on Thursday just over a week after being released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

According to the Vancouver Province, Lions general manager and head coach Wally Buono said that Kornegay will join the team next week.

In a surprise move last week, the Roughriders released Kornegay after dropping their third straight game to open the season.

Kornegay will shore up a B.C. secondary that has given up a league-worst 316 yards per game and 135 yards on the ground."

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=372640