Kool-Aid Drinker Stephen Brunt!!!!

Lets be careful and not bash Dave Naylor.

He is a football guy and writes about the NFL as well, but he has a passion for the Canadian game and is very intelligent in his insight.

Agree about Dave Naylor rs. :thup:

Dave Naylor is no diferent then Steve Simmons.
He had nothing but contempt for the CFL...until he started working for TSN... then all of a sudden...he likes the CFL...
He is a sheep in wolves clothing.. Do not fall for his act... He's best friends with Brunt.. they even co write articles...
They co wrote the whole article on Brayley helping out S&C.
Naylor is literally an inside guy for the Toronto media that is hell bent on destroying the CFL..so that they can get their precisious NFL team...

You are on drugs man.... They had some dope from MLSE on McCown not even a week ago who said that MLSE looked at buying the Argos but that it made no finacial sense... Unless Tanenbaum has his own cash and is going solo.... this is nothing more then a ppe dream.

Let's not judge anything yet. MLSE says they aren't interested, yes, but something has to be up potentially with Larry T right there at the awards. What that something is, we don't know yet.

BTW, I don't do drugs anymore (not that I ever really did them in earnest), just booze now. :wink:

I haven’t done drugs in a couple of weeks myself… I boozed it up just a few days ago…

MLSE denying interest in the Argos/CFL doesn't mean anything.

If MLSE is interested, when asked they will say "We're not interested" to preserve a bargaining chip.
If MLSE isn't interested, when asked they will say "We're not interested" because they aren't interested.

They probably aren't interested, but a denial of interest means as much as Tiger Woods assuring his wife he's been faithful.

I suppose as well it could be "we're not interested" and then just leaving out "at this time" sort of thing as well, everything depending.

As much as I hate to think about the possibility, there is no way Larry T showed up in Calgary by shere coincedence.
So I hope that I am wrong, however it appears where there is smoke there is fire.

argotom, come on, don't be so negative, if Larry T has some sort of an offer for something good for the Argos/CFL, why not listen? Could it be any worse than Rogers' dealings?

CFL wrote:

Dave Naylor is no diferent then Steve Simmons. He had nothing but contempt for the CFL...until he started working for TSN... then all of a sudden...he likes the CFL... He is a sheep in wolves clothing.. Do not fall for his act... He's best friends with Brunt.. they even co write articles... They co wrote the whole article on Brayley helping out S&C. Naylor is literally an inside guy for the Toronto media that is hell bent on destroying the CFL..so that they can get their precisious NFL team...
Very astute comments CFL. It seems the media holds Naylor in high esteem, but he will savage the CFL when given an opportunity or when defending the Bills in Toronto. He is a good writer but I question his ulterior motives on the timing of many of his anti-CFL articles recently.

I love the excuses as to why the NFL hasn't worked in Toronto.

tickets are too expensive....
no good tail gating....
not Toronto's team...
bad teams....
bad stadium....
Fans in Toronto are fans of various NFL teams...

Does anyone actually stop to think how idiotic those statements are??
Completely moronic that anyone in the media would actually use those as excuses.

So let's see, Rogers has 5 more games left. 2 of those are pre-season so nobody is going buy those. There will be likely a lockout in 2012, this is an epic failure.

But enough of that, I'm not convinced MLSE is 100% out, but it looks like Tanenbaum was in Calgary for his own business, ie possibly purchasing a stake in the argos.

If these excuse makers knew this thing wouldn't work before Ted Rogers spent a gazillion dollars to buy those games, why didn't they tell him?
I mean imagine the money he could have saved eh?
The reason? Because guys like Brunt and naylor and Perkins and Simmons et al where all spouting the same thing Ted Rogers did at that fateful news conference.
They thought no way could it fail at any price.
Now they come up with all kinds of reasons why it didn't work.
From the ridiculous to the sublime. Blaming lack of tailgating?
One thing this exercise did prove is that these "pre-eminents" have egg all over their faces.
And through all this, the CFL just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Absolutely agree, Naylor is no different than Simmons and Brunt.
These three stooges and I certainly do not wish to demean the real Three Stooges are wolves in sheep NFL clothing.

Rogers had everyone believing that the NFL in Toronto was going to be an instant success, 40,000+ 8 year packages gone the first day type of thing, regardless of the prices and that it was some other city's team, and I bet that 80 percent of the people who regularly post on this board, maybe closer to 90 percent actually, thought exactly the same. So while people can say the Brunts and others were taken in by Rogers' over the top media hype, most here were as well I'm guessing.

I didn't know what to think really, I was nervous about it. I did believe though if T.O did get a NFL team that after three years the love affair would end, and if the new team didn't become competitive the stands would start to suffer and empty seats would start to be the norm, unless NFL fans from the south filled up the dome.

I would see the NFL experiment over overall in the long term be a failure in T.O, football is not king hockey is. So the Leafs are allowed to fail and they are forgiven, but any other team doesn't have this loyalty, and won't get it.

Look at the Jays when they were the best they filled up the joint game after game, now its flies, the love affair is over, I'm still surprised they have a team cause under the MLB system they can't really compete.

Earl, if you remember my Chicken Little posts, then I guess I was one of the 10% who knew this thing wouldn't work.
Bills tried to open up a ticket window at the Skydome a few years back, but it closed down because of lack of demand.
CN had a special train going to Buffalo on Sunday for Bills games. Ticket included. And that shut down because of lack of demand.
The writing was on the wall. Yet Ted Rogers was dumb enough to let Paul Godfrey talk him into bringing these Bills games to Toronto.
I predict with all these losses from football and baseball, and with Ted Rogers gone, that Rogers is going to get out of sports completely over the next few year.
And as usual, Paul Godfrey heads for the hills and leaves behind a disaster.

For what it's worth, I'd say Phil Lind was the main person who influenced Ted as I remember reading Ted confided in Lind. I don't think Godfrey was as close to Ted as Lind although Godfrey liked to take the media attention. Godfrey was actually lucky that Rogers dumped him, maybe it was Lind, I don't know. Lind is the one with this sports business blemish on his resume I'd say way more than Godfrey, with the Bills experiment not turning out so great afterall. And Ted, well he wasn't much into sports as he said, he just went along with what seemed to make sports business sense from the Linds.

Ted should have called me.
I could have saved him 80 million dollars.
But how Phil Lind and Adrian Montgomery keep their jobs is beyond me?
One good thing in all this though.
The NFL experiment finally happened.
And its been a totally nothing event.

What Rogers should have done was buy the series for cheaper but hold the games at the Ralph in Buffalo and rented out buses for people to go from Toronto to Buffalo with a meal included, drinks etc, get on the Rogers Buffalo Bills bus sort of thing. :wink: