Knowlton may be sitting Friday night

Whats Latin for "better is better"...now where did I hear that before.

Only problem is Al Brenner was NEVER a safety. Gerry Sternberg and then Dave Easley were the safeties during Brenner’s time as a 'Cat.

Melius est melius

Well looks like Cortez has decided Knowlton is good after all :slight_smile: Better wasn not better than better, the other better.

Good decision. Better at covering receivers when called on than JJ, which ends up happening occasionally on an overload. Like when JJ ended up covering Dressler on one of his TDs. JJ is a great linebacker, but he's not a DB. Knowlton, on the other hand, has been a DB and can cover fairly well.

Agreed; JJ is a fish out of water at SAM, good to have him back at WILL where he belongs. I've never liked trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes.

Also interesting to note that they're moving McElveen out to DE, Crable on the other end, with Rose and Brown at DT. From what I've seen so far, I do think Brown has earned a shot starting at DT, so moving McElveen outside makes sense from where I'm sitting; Boudreaux didn't impress at DE last time out.

Despite what the depth chart showed last week, McElveen started at DE, with Crable at the other end, and Rose and Brown at tackle. Boudreaux didn’t start last week either but was rotated in early and often. McElveen also played a lot at the tackle position.

You know, I always thought of Al Brenner as a safety. I just looked through Wikipedia and other sources and every single one of them listed Brenner as a DB.

Man, am I surprised!!!????

The starting defensive secondary in 1972 had John Williams and Lewis Porter at the corners, Al Brenner and Rick Shaw at the halfback spots and Gerry Sternberg at safety. Rookie punt and kick returner Dave Clarke was the back-up DB.