KK in Hamilton

According to hamilton fans on this forum, KK was at the Hamilton game last night. A signibg could happen as early as tomorrow.

That's suprizing. RB is the one position Hamilton needs no help at. Yeah Lumsden is made of glass, but Terry Caulley is all-star material and I believe he has earned the starter position. I'm not sure I understand why Hamilton would be interested in Keith?

[url=http://www.900chml.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocalGeneral/Story.aspx?ID=1027650]http://www.900chml.com/Channels/Reg/New ... ID=1027650[/url]

if this does happen this will ebd Jessie Lumsdens career in Hamilton, where will he go? who wants a player thats on the sidelines more then on the field? he will never get another shot at the NFL as he's marked now as a bandaid really to bad, I can;t see KK in Hamilton but we will see.

kk is to end up in hamilton i hear

Any sources or hearsay. Give us an idea tga451

TSN had an article today which mentioned Hamilton had made him an offer.

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2008/09/22/keith_tigercats/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... tigercats/[/url]

Sorry I originally had the wrong post. me bad. :oops:

...something there we're supposed to be seeing, but aren't?

trolling? step off

I don't think he was trying to troll...my guess would be simply an improper link...

Keith to join Tiger-Cats on Tuesday
Monday, September 22, 2008

Kenton Keith played with the Colts last year.By Perry Lefko

Barring a sudden National Football League offer on Monday, running back Kenton Keith will sign with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Tuesday. Sportsnet.ca has learned it will be a three-year deal (this year plus the next two) and will average out to $175,000 a year in 2009 and 2010, with the potential to earn more in incentives. The deal will include a significant signing bonus.

The deal will make Keith the highest-paid running back in the Canadian Football League.

Keith and the Saskatchewan Roughriders, with whom he played from 2002-2006, had a mutual interest, but the injury-ravaged Roughriders could not accommodate the player because their hands were tied from a salary-cap standpoint. The Roughriders have more than 20 players on the injured list, including running back Wes Cates, who injured his left ankle in Saturday's 27-21 loss to B.C. The Roughriders also lost centre Jeremy O'Day indefinitely with a knee injury.

Keith was voted the Most Outstanding Player in the West Division in 2006 and played last year with the Indianapolis Colts.

The Ticats are last overall in the Canadian Football League with a 2-10 mark and will be hard-pressed to make the playoffs. They are four points behind the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Toronto Argonauts, who are tied for second.

The signing of Keith will have significant ramifications on the future of running back Jesse Lumsden in Hamilton. Lumsden, who has missed four games this season due to injury and is currently sidelined with a wonky shoulder, is set to become a free agent next February. It will likely be too difficult financially for the Ticats to accommodate the salaries of Keith and Lumsden.

Early speculation is that Lumsden, who is fourth overall in league rushing with 586 yards on 84 carries, will explore free agency anyway, possibly signing with Edmonton, one of the teams his father, Neil, played for in his CFL career.
Wish he were here!

$175,000 a year? Lots of money to spend at the local night clubs....lol

Hamilton has no Real good Night life..
He end up going to the Big Smoke..

I think this is great news for hamilton. if KK limits his off field 'antics' / shenanagans than hamilton is definately looking at a much improved team next year. KK brings desire to the table, and i know it doesn't get mentioned as much as it should. But from what i've seen in few hamilton players in a few games, they just loose the desire to win / play hard to the whistle. Down 42 or up by 37 players need to have that desire and play each play 110%

Although thinking about money wise, ouch 2 players 575k... the cap is like 4.15M is it not? 2 outa 40 guys take up 1/8th of the money. Yah, that seems fair to my starting long snapper. Heres a twinkie.