Kiss The Witches Thread, Volume 3

Fantastic game by the team -- props to the coaches for putting them in a postion to win and to the players for their great intensity!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

I only have issues with the officiating..... this was a statement game by the Tabbies.... GREAT WIN!!

BTW.. I picked Hamilton in Big Dave's VGCC :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GO ESKIES!!!!!!!!!!

and I picked Hamilton by 10....the crystal ball strikes again!!!

I think it's safe to say that all the worry over this seasons group of DB's can end now. :slight_smile:

It was said on TSN… that we may have the BEST group of DBs n the league… I might concur!!

I was one of those who had serious concerns about our secondary...these guys are players.....not sure...ask the Als coaches...better yet...ask their receivers!!!!!!!!!

Calvillo passed for over 350 yards on your secondary … I wouldn’t be celebrating their accomplishments just yet.

That said, full credit to Hamilton for gutting out a very impressive win. After years of waiting for (and being disappointed by the lack of) parity in the East, we finally have it this season. :thup:

Wonderful game by the whole team.

• Dave Stala still has it.
  • Kevin Glenn is the most under-rated QB in the CFL.
    -Justin Hickman is a stud.
    -Special teams are o-so special.
    -Thiggy and MacKay stepped it up for two injured starting receivers (Bruce and Carter).
    -The D really hurried Calvillo a lot - leading to many two and outs.
    -I could go on and on. What a treat for this old Ticat fan. :smiley:

And what did all that passing get him??

A Loss!!!

Celebrate boys!!

and Cavillo certainly had the refs helping his cause like the interception in the end zone that magically turned into a penalty and a easy touchdown that put Montreal back into the game when it should have been over....the zebras should at least get some credit for his 350 yards...

And it took Calvillo 45 attempts to get those 350-plus yards. He also only had 23 completions, which is barely 50%. Perhaps next time you should post all the stats. 350 yards doesn’t look as impressive when it takes nearly 50 passes to get there. I say, celebrate away.

Stats are cold comfort when Als produce yet another undisciplined, messy effort.

If you love stats start looking at yardage given up by penalties compared to rest of league and start asking why.

This Secondary may have the potential to be very good. It's way to early to state they are the best in the league. It's been the team's weakness for several years now; if they can get decent performance out of this year's unit good things may happen.

Considering all the moaning and bellyaching about how bad the secondary was going to be before the season started the secondary is miles ahead and can only get better.

No worries here.

Who said stats were a comfort, in this instance? :lol:

I’m an Als fan, and I don’t like to see my team lose, but sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. I was just pointing out that your secondary allowed 350+ passing yards tonight. I wouldn’t call that rock-solid coverage, regardless of Calvillo’s completion percentage or the fact that we lost.

Passing stats say a lot about the quality of Calvillo and his receivers more than HAM's secondary, imo. Since MTL actually lost the game in spite of the stats says something about MTL too.

[quote="disciplineandpunish"
I'm an Als fan, and I don't like to see my team lose, but sometimes you have to give credit to the other team. I was just pointing out that your secondary allowed 350+ passing yards tonight. I wouldn't call that rock-solid coverage, regardless of Calvillo's completion percentage or the fact that we lost.
[/quote]
Our Secondary has sucked for awhile now and going into this season it looked like that wasn't about to change. The fact that progress and potential are being displayed is cause for rejoicing in Hammertown.

I would say that completion percentage is correlated to pass coverage. Yes, there were a lot of dropped passes by Montreal receivers tonight, but there was also some great coverage by the Cats secondary. Calvillo may have thrown for 350-plus yards, but the Cats also forced Calvillo to miss on nearly as many passes as he hit. I’m not saying the secondary is the second coming or anything, but they were very good tonight.

And of a few of those receptions the best cover guys in football anywhere wouldn’t have defended against them. Calvillo, like Ray, has the consistent ability to put the ball where only his receiver can get it.