Kiss The Witches Thread, vol. 8

I think that is the lineup/prescription I would opt for. I think Thomas is a better fit at safety under Chamblin’s system, but Collins does bring a bigger hammer, IMHO. Either way, I think Shivers is out. Young may prove to be a depth guy, but he isn’t as good as the guys we have in the provisional quintet.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Congrats to Medlock going seven for seven. However, seven field goal attempts means too many offensive drives stalled. Medlock scored twenty one points, another fourteen came from turnovers. It was a great team win, Defence and ST were great, but the O needs to sustain drives into majors.

I stand by my pre-season prediction of a Lions vs TiCats Grey Cup.

That also matches the prediction last night from the 3 Lions fans sitting behind me in Box H. Unfortunately they didn’t like it when I told them that the last 2 victorious Ticat Grey Cups were played in BC Place. :wink:

Many Ticats played a great game against BC. I want to extend my congratulations in particular to Quinton Porter. He was 8 for 10, threw for a TD and ran for another. A pretty darn solid performance in half a game of football. He's taken a lot of criticism on this board. Some of it (not all of it by any means, in my view) was deserved. So he deserves credit for the fine performance he put in against a stingy Lions' defence.

He has learned and grown considerably since he was thrown in as our starter after the Printers fiasco. If he is our future starter, I feel quite confident about that. After all, there have been cases before where a young Hamilton starter reverted to backup status and emerged later as a much better QB as a result. I'm thinking of Anthony Calvillo.... oh yeah, his emergence was in Montreal.

I have enjoyed watching Turenne play.

This is what we've been missing all year and the previous 8 years. A guy that can cover, play physical and tackle.

And what is impressive to me is that this is against arguably the best 2 QBs in the league: Cavillo and Lulay.

I know we lost against Montreal, but Turenne played well for his first start and then improved this weekend.

After last nights game, I would like to see Thomas stay at Safety (guy was a ball/receiver hawk).

I think Shivers will be cut in the off-season.

+1

+2 (It might be his time now. I’ve noticed he doesn’t look to his primary receiver first (which the opposing D’s used to zero in on). This has made him a more complete QB.)

Then there's Loyce Means this guy is a keeper, he's supposed to be a real ball hawk when he gets to know our game. :thup:

Totally agree.

Two seasons ago the number one QB job was a mystery in training camp. Our first game that year was at home, the Offence was introduced and Porter ran out of the tunnel. My immediate thought was he's not ready and I was unfortunately right. What should have happened was Glenn start the season as the number one guy with Porter being brought in slowly and surely. As the historically sound franchises prove we should have developed a starting QB instead of throwing an inexperienced potential into the fire.

That's water under the bridge now. The TiCats are in the playoffs and this year that makes them a contender. If MB and his coaching staff can orchestrate solid game plans (check Oskie Oui Oui's blog for help if needed) the talent Obie has brought in will actualize into a serious championship threat.

If that doesn't happen, then this season will have been a re-build on the fly. If we suffer another disappointment in the post-season then we can look forward to next year with all aspects of the team in order. As a reminder, the Grey Cup is in Toronto 2012, the 100th anniversary and no better time for a Tiger Cat win.

November 27th, 2011, an even better time

Touche.