Kiss the Witches Thread, Vol. 4 (since Russian ain't here)

Oh ya…the tiger in the cage in the West endzone…mid to late 80’s. I remember it used to get pretty agitated when a convert attempt would hit the cage and startle the poor thing.

Some pics from the game

One thing no one said about the offence is that it's really difficult to maintain an edge to your play when you get up and ahead so effectively and so quickly. It blows out the adrenaline and your limbs get heavy.

It's a totally natural physical response that no one is immune to, no matter the level you play at.

The team essentially played trap hockey for the second half, more concerned about taking time off the clock rather than scoring more points.

Hey JL… we used to take our kids to the game when we lived there and my son would run around with the Ticat flag. Driving to the stadium we would also see a carload of Cat fans or two. Hope the friendly reception that we got from the Schmoe fans is there for you too.

Great pics Grover!!
I was going to say, I really liked the one....they're all great!

If I were a Tiger Cat fan, I think beating the defending champ Calgary in Winnipeg, now that would be chill sweet man!

They also had a special one-time appearance by a tiger from the Bowmanville Zoo in 2007. Had him walk out on the field during the pre-game hype. They made Jesse Lumsden pose for a photo with him at walk-through:

[url=http://catchat.thespec.com/images/2007/08/02/_jlr6708.jpg]http://catchat.thespec.com/images/2007/ ... lr6708.jpg[/url]

This game was, in my view, the most physically dominating game of the last few years by the Cats D. They beat the Bombers down. I'm sure that every receiver, RB and QB that touched the ball took a beating and is more sore today than they usually are after a game. I unfortunately could not be at the game live and had to watch on TV but the sound of cracking pads and pounding hits was very clear and noticeable.

A specific nod of the head to Simoni Lawrence who was a hitting machine out there. Great job by all on the D.

Agreed completely BD.

They were punishing everyone that touched the ball.

Me likey alot :rockin:

Glen Suitor made a very interesting point a couple of times during the game. The Tiger-Cats don't have a player who is in the top-20 of tackles made. That confirms the OVERALL team defence that Orlando preaches, and, more importantly, the players buy into...

D player of the week better be ED. (Wait a minute, he plays for Hamilton, right?.....) :o

Proulx did not bother to even signal penalties (after the first quarter) let alone announce them. How can a ref forget that? :oops:

Willy got whacked by our D (he was pulled briefly after throwing a completion. I think his follow through on the passing motion caused him to hit someone's helmet). Then there was the knee injury which looks very (career threatening) serious. I truly hope it isn't as he seems like quite the warrior. :slight_smile:

I think Grigsby will be given a chance on Saturday as Holley, once again, unfortunately, did not impress. He committed the cardinal sin of dropping a pass that was right in his hands, and was not very good in his pass blocking, not to mention his running. I feel for the guy as I think he has the ability to do very well in Tommy Condell's offence. :cry:

The 13th man had an off night, but I think they were taken out of the game by how fast the Cats scored on a bummer team that showed up only to collect their air miles for the flight. :stuck_out_tongue:

:cowboy:

I’ve been impressed with the WAY the Ticat players have been making tackles. They definitely hit hard, but they also wrap the player up, with very few exceptions. And it looks like the offence has been paying attention, given the perfect form tackle by Tasker on the defender who made the interception. This is the first year in many where I’ve seen this on any team.

I heard some reporter say this morning that they thought Edmonton had the best (most talented) individual D players but Hamilton has the best overall defense. I’ll take the best team defense any day over a group of talented D players who may not work as well as a unit.

This was a great game and much as it looked like it was over with the 3 quick scores, I figured that Winnipeg was bound to get back into it and come up with some scores. By half time I was wondering if they could manage a shut out but the opening drive by the Bombers put an end to that speculation. Regardless the D held fast and ensured that Winnipeg didn’t capitalize on the mistakes by the offense.

I did find the lack of O production concerning - not that they needed points - but it is dangerous to let your foot off the gas with most teams (see vs Montreal @ PMS 2014). They seemed to lose focus and the pass that Tasker tipped to the Winnipeg defender was a perfect example - football 101 don’t take your eyes off the ball. However we know that Zach isn’t happy with his performance in the second half and I suspect that most members of the offense feel the same way. They may have won in a commanding way but they know that they could have been better. That’s a sign of a mature team that is not going to rest on its laurels. :thup: :thup:

Looking forward to the “cat fight” later this week. Stay healthy guys - it’s another shorter week!

Forgot to mention that the lack of penalties in this game made it a pleasure to watch - unless you were cheering for the Bombers in which case the huge hole the team had to climb out of and never did would tarnish that pleasure. Far better game to watch than the undisciplined mess on Saturday night between the greenies and blue guys! Also proof that it isn’t the officials who are “flag happy” but the players who need to focus and play within the rules.

Kudos to BOTH teams for playing a mostly “clean” game Only 45 yds in penalties for the Ticats - Riders had racked up that many by half way through the first quarter in their game!! :oops: Hope that the guys keep up the more disciplined play!

No, no, I only cheer for Hamilton, so I don’t think I’m eligible…

:D

If we had multiquote I could put this in my other post, but hey, 2005 was a good year… :roll:

Anyway, I can’t help but wonder if the reason for the lack of penalties was because the game got out of hand so early, so players weren’t pushing the envelope as much? It makes me think that parity might be the chief reason for so many penalties. Games are closer, more intense, players are more ramped up, so the push more and are getting caught when they cross the line.

Boy do you have that right!..but was the offense just told to rest in the second half because I sure didn’t see much from them…yes I know we didn’t need the points but was the lack of scoring planned? Crazier things have happened with huge come backs…sure glad this wasn’t one. Cheers Cat fans!

I don’t see why they don’t use Woodson at tailback more often. He blocks well and he showed in the game against the Argos that he runs the ball well. And when they put Woodson in they can use 5 international receivers at the same time.

Honestly, we can have mediocre efforts on offense and still dominate teams (what an unusual and prodigious predicament to be in :thup: ). Everyone in the league is scared poopless of Brandon Banks, whether hes on O or special teams, he draws a lot of attention away from our other strengths. We have the best pass rush and run defense in the league, teams have to rely on low percentage post and corner patterns all game to beat us (something that’s very very easy to defend, even with an inexperienced D. secondary)

I have a feeling we will be the leagues biggest head ache this year, and I will try my best to enjoy every minute of this. I think we finally have something special to cheer about here in TigerTown :rockin:

I agree, as long as long as they sit an International tailback (Grigsby or Holley), so they can put him in the game in case of injury to AW.