Kiss the 2022 Witches vol.VII

The way Dane slid on his arm it looked like he might have sustained some turf burn but if he needed ice on the bench then it is likely more serious. There wasn't really any kind of a huge collision so hopefully he only jammed his thumb or wrist. That type of injury can cause alot of pain and swelling but usually heals up in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Dane relying too much on those long passes when all you need is a few yards to keep possession. Good performance by Schiltz, White, STE, Micah. And Small came up Big again.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone!

The strip sack at the end of the 3rd qtr by Wilcotts was a massive play,
Set up the TD to give us a 3 point lead to open the 4th qtr
for once it was for us, instead of against us!
STE 13 carries, 104 yrds
HUGE WIN!!!

12 Likes

I was with you in real time - I thought the Cats should have deferred choice and took the wind in the second half. That seemed like conventional wisdom.

In hindsight, I think they made the right decision. The Cats had the ball to start the game, to end the first half, to start the second half, and to end the game. Overall that’s two more possessions than Ottawa had in the game including the final possession that lead to the walk off game winning field goal.

Two extra possessions in a one possession game may have been the difference. A million other things would have been different had the choice at the coin flip been different, but having the extra possessions and holding Ottawa to 6 fourth quarter points feels like the difference in the game once it was all said and done.

4 Likes

The extra possessions are great if your offense moves the ball, unfortunately our 2 series to start the game and half didn't result in points.

Taking the ball like coach did is the correct call unless it is windy like last night. And like it often is in Hamilton.
It worked out with wins the last 2 weeks so the coach will continue with this mindset.

1 Like

Not saying I agree or disagree with the choice
It seems that Coach O, if trailing at the start of the 2nd half wiil elect to take the ball in the 3rd qtr figuring the opposing team will want the wind for the 4th qtr
Giving the opposing team the ball and the wind to start the 2nd half when already trailing could give the opposing team an insurmountable lead
Seems to have worked out the last few of games
We outscored them 17 - 6 in the 2nd half

4 Likes

Best case scenario now is to have CGY take out SSK today so we can get some much needed rest and recuperation time for some of our starters next week!

5 Likes

I am not a Cats fan, but I do admire their ability to get wins late in the season. They haven't rolled over. It's really nice to see.

8 Likes

The Cats aren't in yet.
But, they now have a magic number of 1 to keep SSK from crossing over.
1 TiCat victory (@ OTT next weekend) -- OR-- 1 SSK loss (either home or away vs. CGY) and, then, the Cats are in.

2 Likes

They blew 3 or 4 leads in the 4th quarter of many games at the start of the season so they're making up for those blown wins. With any luck their record could be 10-7 instead of 7-10 and be fighting for 1st place or at least hosting the Eastern semi finals, to be fair their record is prombably where it is, but as I said with luck their record could very easily be 10-7.

4 Likes

Interesting fun fact : If the Cats do indeed defeat the RB's next week they will match their record of 8-6 from last year in their last 14 games played after that dreadful 0-4 start to the season .

4 Likes

Are you suggesting we should have a 14 game schedule every year; as we treat the 1st 4 games like preseason?

:thinking:

Hmmmm , thinking that might just be a good idea . :grinning: :grinning:

Tiger-Cats are the only team that's won their last 3 straight games and they've won 4 of their last 5, all but that one, 4 games ago in MTL, on a fumble lost with a minute left in the game. We've certainly had a lot of exciting entertainment, with much better results that we expected, since giving up the Ballard Trophy, on Labour Day.

5 Likes

Looking at Stamps Depth chart, they don't appear to be resting anyone!

5 Likes

that's because if just feels so good beating the riders.

I hope the Argos and Alouettes beat the s*** out of each other for the next 2 weeks.

8 Likes

I don't think the Argos have the fight in them. I suspect Montreal wins both games.

3 Likes

As long as both teams get a tiny bit bruised and battered along the way.

2 Likes

That would mean Toronto finishes 2nd and hosts the ESF, which is great news for cats fans that like to travel.

1 Like