Kiss the 2022 Witches Vol.IV

I did NOT expect this.
See what happens when you have a competent Offensive Line? The QB has time to go through reads and make passes, there's this thing called a "running game" that happens, and the use of our FB in multiple pass routes/blocking schemes hold the LBs a second longer to give Dane even more time.

Congrats to Dane in a career-high 5 touchdown passes.

This is the most complete team game this season. Things were on the shaky side in teh Defene at the beginning of the game, but we were able to go blow-for-blow with a VERY strong football team.

There are still areas for improvement. The second-half defensive schemes that allow teams to eat yards and exploit the 7-12-yard routes with no pressure on the QB continues to irk me.

Seth Small is my choice for Hamilton's ROY. I would put Revenberg at MOC/MOL.

3 Likes

Thank you Dane! This is more like it. :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you Oline for great protection and opening holes for RBs.

7 Likes

I missed the game but what a surprise to see the score. It's times like this make a guy proud to be a Ti-Cat fan. Can't wait for the next game

3 Likes

Clearly, that was out most complete game we've played all year.

As stated , an actual PRODUCTIVE running game that was intended as opposed to a how away key breaker. Downfield passing to the marker as opposed to sideways hitch pass drivel that goes no where...Solid pass blocking and drive blocking opening holes by the O-Line...Where was this when we played the much weaker teams in the East earlier???

Our front 7 on D haven't really been the problem this year but the Secondary has been. For the most part , they played really well today. I still cannot understand why Washington goes into a read and react shell in the 2nd half as its relate to coverage??? Why mess around with something that's clearly working???

It was stated in the play by play thread that this was probably a trap game for the Bummers. I suspect that's correct...None of our problems magically went away because of one well played game, regardless of the competition...

This was probably our "Grey Cup" for this year, so, I'll take it...

5 Likes

It looks like we finally found the right player combos on the O and D Lines. Dane Evans had adequate time to find his receivers, and Collaros was pressured often.

I think the addition of O Lineman Beard will prove to be a key one down the stretch. And the other new guy who played OT obviously is a keeper.

I also noticed that a lot of players are rotating into the D Line throughout the game (ex. Laurent, Carney, Diallo, etc.). That’s what the best teams are able to do. I hope we keep seeing this going forward.

Dane Evans has been criticized by a lot of fans, me included. His performance today is what we all knew he was capable of. I’m really happy for him. That early TD pass to Tim White (just over the defender’s grasp) was a gutsy, awesome throw. I think the bye week really helped Evans get healthy, and he’s now showing his true colours. He can make every throw when he physically steps into the throw like he did consistently tonight and again: credit the O Line for giving him the time to be able to do that.

We should be getting more healthy starters back next week going into Montreal.

Lastly, here’s hoping they keep Wes Hills at RB. He is the X Factor we need to move the chains using the ground game. Taking him off the active roster would be a mistake.

3 Likes

Kiondre Smith continues to contribute. Catches virtually everything thrown to him.

9 Likes

Great game against a tough team that usually finds a way to win! i didn't think Dane had forgotten how to play and today (tonight) he showed why the team chose to keep him. I've heard him in a couple of interviews mention that he's been seeing the team sports psychologist for the past month and that is obviously helping him to get his mind back in the game - so to speak. When the offense rolls like it did today, then everyone benefits. The D didn't spend most of the second half on the field although they spent more time there in the third than they did in the first half (haven't looked at numbers - just going by the flow of the game) BTW - anyone notice that Howsare - usually one of the best players on the field - was missing today?
Instead of taking turns making mistakes EVERYONE took turns making plays in this one! I hope that this is just the beginning of a winning streak. Now that we KNOW the team can play like this, they need to show up with a good game every week for the rest of the season.

1 Like

A very salient point: "But Evans capped an impressive 90-yard, 14-play drive with a six-yard TD pass to David Ungerer at 13:03. More importantly, the march took seven minutes 20 seconds off the clock."

That, and Carney's Strip-6 were, to me, the two absoute killers today.

9 Likes

Am I allowed to wave Pom Pom’s now. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Still not happy with some of coach O's decisions.

Wave away happily. I might even dust mine off and make the dog wear them all night.

By the way, I’ve been critical of the team all year but let the record show I actually picked Hamilton in the GCC thread in the main forum in my weekly picks. Just had a feeling they would play well this week and catch Winnipeg flat after their big victories over the Riders.

1 Like

The o-line has been good lately. Definitely a good thing. :beers:

2 Likes

Hills made a difference too. He didn't just block....he blew guys up!

4 Likes

Like what? Can’t you just be happy for once?:laughing:. We beat the best team in the league for Gods sake!

5 Likes

I was wondering which decision. I can't think of any.

1 Like

My only complaint of the O line was that there were numerous high snaps that D@ne handled. One was way high, Dane knocked it down and was able to make a play. Beards first game (I think) but he’s a vet and should be able to snap it correctly.

Other than that, they were pretty good tonight👍

2 Likes

Maybe he got used to snapping to Cornelius

3 Likes

Well, he’s been snapping all season to Cornelius, who is pretty tall.

1 Like

Re: TSN panel, Kate’s hair blowing in the THF breeze looks kind of, um … nice.

4 Likes