Kiss the 2021 Witches vol.VII - Heart-Attack 'Cats!

How unreasonable to expect our coaching staff to learn from their mistakes

I’ll go out on a limb and say the two runs out of bounds by Jackson were not designed to be run out of bounds.

He could have made better decisions there. But overall I thought he played a pretty good game.

3 Likes

Agreed
players sometimes take matters into their hands and don’t think about it.

Snapping the ball with time left on the play clock is on Masoli, then the coaches.

Busiest I’ve seen the concourses this season.

Surprisingly many masks with many smiling faces.

Great evening in the Hammer!

Happy for the win. A little to close for comfort at the end. Banks seems to be getting his mojo back and that is a good thing. Our front four could not get any pressure on Riley tonite, most of which was a result of BC’s o-line, but there were some blatant holds that were overlooked by the refs.

I am hoping someone can clear something up for me. How is it that BC gets the ball on the opening kickoff and the wind in the 4th quarter?? I would have assumed they won the coin toss and deferred to second half to get the wind. So how do we end up kickoff if off at the start of the game?? If they deferred for the second half, we should have received the opening kick-off, right?? Or am I missing something here??? I was sitting in the stands and not paying attention during the coin toss so I am perplexed.

Don Jackson was the player of the game.... again!
Running game opens things up for Masoli!

1 Like

Hamilton took the wind in the 1st and therefore the 3rd.

Ok - that would explain it. Would have taken the wind in the 4th if it was my choice.

Uh oh. Reilly is complaining that the headphones weren’t working properly all game.

Is that the home team’s responsibility?

Just heard his post game. Interesting indeed.

Where do you get access to his post-game comments?

The BC Lions twitter account had them

He said their headsets were bulls@@@ all game. And it cost them penalties and time on their last drive (they were slow, but isn’t that on Reilly?)

1 Like

Don’t teams usually have a “plan B” when they have headset issues, especially when they notice it early in the game?

Yeah we won but the defence was infuriating to watch tonight. Enough with the Bend Don't Break style defence. After a while you just knew that Reilly was going to convert the 2nd and long. A lot of the BC drives eat up a lot of time with that style of defence so no wonder the D is gassed by the 4th quarter.

I thought the Offence looked pretty potent tonight. That early Procedure call at the 3 yard line cost us a TD and the 4 extra points would have given us some breathing room later in the game.

Overall a decent win but plenty of things to clean up for next weeks big Argo game.

1 Like

I heard that used to be a problem for the visiting teams in Gillette Stadium. Has anybody checked if Masoli is throwing deflated balls?

A headset scandal at the Grey Cup would be embarrassing. I hope they figure it out.

I always thought that if a comms system didn’t work for the visitors, it had be disabled for the home team.

1 Like

Why wouldn't you simplify with the use of cell phones.

It's the 21st century.

This is stupid.

I am going to stick with the Offence this week.

First of all, props to the O-Line:

• LT Travis Vornkahl (protecting Jeremiah's Blind Side w/ little fanfare)
  • LG Brandon Revenberg (the lone constant on that line since Game 1; leads by example)
  • C Coulter Woodmansey (Rookie excels at RG & C; cool as a cucumber)
  • RG Jesse Gibbon (has made huge strides since early in season)
  • RT Chris VanZeyl (one obvious false start today, but other than that has been outstanding since his return from injury)

The O-Line looked disjointed early in the season, and Mike Gibson was getting lots of criticism back then. In spite of several injuries, leading to lots of shuffling in the makeup of the line, they have been a strength for the past month or so. Mike Gibson deserves much credit for that.

As a result of our resurgent O-Line, Don Jackson has room to run. Another great effort from Mr. Jackson.
Brandon Banks appears to be healthy and is beginning to resemble Speedy B once again.

But not all good today . . . Steven Dunbar Jr. had a very rough game tonight. Ran the wrong route on one play that almost resulted in an INT early in Q2 (I only know that because he was tapping his chest as he returned to the sideline), wiped out a big gain by Tim White as a result of an Offside Penalty & dropped a pass that he should have caught. Looking for a bounceback game from him at BMO.

The Tiger-Cats control their own destiny.
IMPOSE YOUR WILL ON YOUR OPPONENT !!!

3 Likes

To me, it looked like he slipped on his route on that one.

2 Likes