Kiss the 2021 Witches vol.V

We won the game, but look at our opponents. ANYBODY can look good against Ottawa.
We lost 3 Offensive starters in the first half - Ciraco, Addison, and Irons and still won.
Ther are STILL glaring flaws with this team. I still feel we aren't playing our best QB. In fact, I believe this is Masoli's first "win" this year (please correct me if I am incorrect).
The best of all possible scenarios fell into place this week, with us one-game behind both MTL and the blew team. Beat them both, and we win both season series.
Masoli likely kept his job with this game. If he can keep it up, I will be on cloud nine.

2 Likes

Wow. Barker just echoed me.

2 Likes

Other teams in the East play the RB's too
This counts for 2 points just as it did for them
MTL plays them 4 times

3 Likes

Eight free points for them.
The games we outright SQUANDERED will probably bite us in the a$$.

1 Like

This win won't remove the smell of the last two.

Letting Ottawa hang around until the 4th is not what championship teams do.

If they manage to win the east which is still possible then we can erase those two losses.

2 Likes

OTT’s points for and against before this game: 169 to 285.

My math tells me that most opponents are not out-scoring them 10 to 1 like we just did.

5 Likes

Go Als.

Glass half full. Didn't choke. Finished drives. Defense padded stats.
Half empty: It was OTT . Their 4th qtr wasnt professional . Stuff that plagues team from week 1 is still there. Again, why ?

2 Likes

Anyone who criticizes Masoli after this game just plain doesn’t like him.
Yes, it was Ottawa, but it was also 32 to 3 with 320 yards passing, 2 touchdowns and zero interceptions. What can he do?
Last game was similar for him. I like Evans too, but this hatred that some fans have for Masoli is getting tiresome.
I can’t remember a failed second down today that was an incomplete pass by Masoli. The field position was terrible much of the game.
I don’t get it. I think he’s the perfect Tiger Cat. He was an underdog, who scratches and claws and runs and is humble and the ultimate team player.
At least Dane Evans seems to like him.

12 Likes

Evans has more upside than Masoli. If they don't let Evans start he will be gone next year. He took the team to the cup last year won 2 of his 3 starts this year and you still want to start Masoli over him. It's not hatred for Masoli it's about the present and the future. If all we care about is beating Ott and move on then Evans will be gone and we will be lamenting about what could have been. I like Masoli but Evans showed more in his first year and deserves the chance to start.

1 Like

Evans renegotiated his deal for less than Masolis starting money.

We have the offseason to make a decision. I fully expect them to give Dane starters money and either try to bring Masoli back at backup money or let him walk.

Evans may not be thrilled now but a new contract and a promise to start will be enough. After all the starters label seems to be set in stone around here.

2 Likes

If they aren't careful, Dane could say "Eff You!" and walk at the end of the season.

Doubt it. I think everybody knew the score before the season, regardless of how it's playing out.

If they think Evans is the future then that's all the more reason to start him now. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe he wasn't 100% tonight. If he is then they are just proving they don't think he's the future.

I’m just thinking of this year.

1 Like

You aren't allowed to question the coaching staff here. They're the professionals

2 Likes

I'm allowed to question anyone they just don't have to listen.

1 Like

Wow. I thought I might have been the only one who realized that Evans has just come back from an injury.

Based on all the other comments I’ve seen, it seems like many people are absolutely certain that Evans’ health is not a factor in the coaches’ decision.

2 Likes

Wondered the same.
Then I saw him run short yardage.

3 Likes

Dane has said he wants to be here. It's more likely Masoli leaves in the off-season