Kiss the 2021 EDSF Witches - on to Toronto

Not much to say, but a win is a win.
Except for one quarter, the Offence sucked. That quarter they were gifted by excellent FP by the turnovers caused by the Defence.

Inspired play by Adeleke, Kats, and, eventually, Kelly playing out of position due to injuries. Kats plays well enough to start at Safety already.

I have to give Domagala mad props for having a perfect day kicking.

Our Offence simply HAS to be better to beat the blew team. Too many mental miscues, poor passes, dropped balls, and missed assignments/routes. Too many Defensive penalties, but at least the Ref made the same calls on both sides for RTP. I don't have a problem with that, and there were no bad hits after he made them. Funny, that.

6 Likes

If the offence doesn't get better, we won't get past Toronto

3 Likes

Does this mean a change at QB?

1 Like

Agreed. We caught all the breaks today.

Its time to try the 2 QB system(1a and 1b)

1 Like

If our Offence plays like it did today, expect the same result in Toronto as it was 3 weeks ago...

Positives:

D-Line pressure with just the Front 4 was OUTSTANDING!!!

The Secondary played pretty good for all the injuries that we have. Had to play Zone a lot...

Placekicking??? Nails...

Negatives:

O-Line drive blocking on run plays is horrible.No front push at all...

Other than 2 or 3 plays the separation our WR's get is terrible...

The play calling by our OC is predictable and is NOT working. Our reliance on the pass shows up in bad weather when you have to run the football and chew up time on the clock...

A win is a win , especially in the playoffs but you cannot rely on other teams turning the ball over to win. You must generate Offence by yourself...

4 Likes

Steak dinners for everyone on D.

But this offense, yeesh…

2 Likes

True, I don't think Masoli has the "it" factor but even though I think Evans is better and would play better against the Argos. I still support Masoli and wish the best for him. Whatever it takes for the Ticats to make it to the GC

1 Like

For starters, we could field a full game day roster.

1 Like

Next, don't get shut-out in two entire quarters.

3 Likes

Masoli will start against Toronto. No turnovers today. Hard to justify changing quarterbacks when you are ahead for the entire game. 20 to 3 at the half.

1 Like

Cheers : Mark Washington, Dline, Kats., Masoli no game changing mistakes, Banks, Ackiln, Domagala.

Jeers: Timid play calling in 4th. Whomever was in charge of sewing shirt adverts.

4 Likes

His best pass was the TD to Speedy. He could barely find the barn, let alone hit it, for the rest of the game.

2 Likes

The difference in this game was ball protection.
Harris threw for a bunch of yards.
Masoli protected the ball.
In the cold and snow, a game is won and lost on turnovers. The veteran Masoli understands that.
Harris didn’t.

I’m taking our quarterback’s patient approach every time.

2 Likes

I take back my insults on Levels. I checked the stats and he did have a tackle. That's an average of 0.25 tackles per quarter. Way to show up for the big game, Patty!

1 Like

Addison was invisible today.

1 Like

This team is going to have to ride the D to the Grey Cup.
This many weeks we aren't just going to stumble across an offense.

2 Likes

Doesn’t every team have to ride the defence in the playoffs?

2 Likes

Yeah, what was with the missing patches?

No. Every grey cup team doesn't have an offense that stalls as much as ours.

So no.

1 Like