Kiss the 2019 Witches vol II

Another set of downs and even Filer would have scored on this Argo team. ;D

We have been waiting too long for this

I ran for more than that between the Beer stand, and bathroom

They knew that TO would try to run the ball but they had NO IDEA that it would be like running Wilder into a brick wall. The other part of that stat is the rushing yards that the Ticats gained - about 160+ in total!

Sept of 2015?

My favourite stat: Brandon Banks has now scored return TDs in six different seasons. 2013, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 19.

In comparison: Earl Winfield scored return TDs in five different seasons. Gizmo Williams: 12 different seasons! (Think about that. Incomparable.)

Also, I believe Speedy is now tied with Earl for the team record with 12 career return TDs. (Possibly second all-time behind Gizmo?) Speedy would still need another 3,000-4,000 yards to surpass Earl in total yardage, but has played roughly half as long as Earl did.

I like the fact that opponents will still have to think twice before attempting a long field goal against us when Speedy is patrolling the end zone.

The Argos looked like they weren’t even trying to catch him. Speedy B was coasting into the endzone the last 30 yards. That might have been his easiest return ever.

Actually bounced it off of the hands of Derrell Walker who was predicted by Suitor to be a Tiger Cat killer. Was that hubris or irony? Where are you when I need you Mr Lightfoot?

Please stop with that CRAP !!

Realistically, is there any point in trying to “catch” Speedy when you’re chasing him through open field in a straight line to the end zone?

Anyway, he was almost tackled at his own goal line, so it wasn’t all that easy.

Some more observations:

1. I was happy to applaud Ricky Ray, one of the class acts of the past 20 years. But boy, what an emphatic way to signal the end of the Ricky Ray Era in Toronto!

2. Felt like Simoni was playing with a chip on his shoulder - almost like he had something to prove. That interception would be a play-of-the-week contender if it was anyone else.

3. Speaking of plays of the week, that Masoli pass to Kalinic as he was falling backwards was spectacular. I’ll bet it’s even harder than it looks.

4. I predicted Bralon Addison to be our leading receiver in week 1, and it turns out I was just one week off. That’s four 100-yard games for him in his last five starts including playoffs. As long as I never make another prediction about BA, he should have an amazing season. (For the record, the preceding sentence was a conditional statement, not a prediction.)

5. Imagine how disheartening it much be for the Argos to learn how bad they really are after all the optimism (presumably) of training camp, when every team must feel good about themselves.

6. I’d say I feel bad for their fans, but I really don’t. To heck with those people, they get to win Grey Cups every five or six years, whether their team is any good or not.

7. On the Speedy TD return, Cuthbert actually announced the missed field goal as having been kicked by Hajrullahu. It was a long FG attempt at 49 yards, but still a pretty pathetic one - both short and wide.

8 ) After the first three quarters when we scored 3, 17 and 21 points respectively, did anyone expect that our highest-scoring quarter was still to come?

1. The official box score shows us with 233 YAC yards on 443 yards passing. I’m not a YAC-tracker, but that sounds like an awful lot of it.

2. I hope our team doesn’t let this win go to their heads. It’s a long season.

Masoli falling backwards with a defender in his face and then chucking the ball into the air for dear life does not always end well.

I’m sure there was a collective holding of breath from Ti-cat Nation after Masoli lobbed the ball. Then a collective sigh of relief as the TSN camera panned to the left to reveal the ball dropping down to a wide open white shirt. :slight_smile:

My thoughts were the same ExPat .

And whether their Fans support them or not they win a Cup every 5-6 yrs .

How can they connect with all those kids waiting to cheer for their heroes like they did with Raptors?

Let kids in the Stadium free or have a viewing area with large screen outside …? I’ve meandered off topic .

How long before Jim Popp takes over as head coach?

An excellent Sunday morning read, with your coffee. :slight_smile:

Ticats take Argos to the woodshed in Toronto's season opener
Frank Zicarelli

WHY WAS LAWRENCE EVEN PLAYING?
Simoni Lawrence, public enemy No. 1 following his cheap shot on Roughriders quarterback Zach Collaros last week, was in uniform on Saturday as the Ticats provided the opposition for Toronto’s season opener.
The reason why the linebacker was even allowed to play is based purely on pigskin politics and the vagaries of the CFL’s collective bargaining agreement.
Ask any player not employed by the Ticats and they’ll tell you how Lawrence should have been suspended for a minimum of six games and not the two games imposed by the CFL.
In this day and age, when transgressions can be appealed, the process did allow Lawrence to suit up as he awaits a hearing scheduled for July 9.
Lawrence picked off a James Franklin pass in the second quarter of what was, at the time, a one-possession game.
A few plays later, it would become a two-possession game as the visitors used the turnover, the game’s fourth, to score the first touchdown.
Following a successful two-point conversion, the Ticats led 14-3.
For the veteran Lawrence, it was his second interception in as many weeks.
There’s no denying his talent, but Lawrence uses every opportunity as an exercise in self-promotion.
He knows he’s disliked by everyone outside the Hammer and, yet, there he was in the third quarter acting like a circus clown after he sacked Franklin with the Ticats up 34-6.
It was a classless move by a completely clueless veteran who should know better, but then again Lawrence has never conducted himself on the field with the degree of dignity most players of his ilk display.
There was absolutely no need to showboat and no reason, other than politics, why he was even allowed to be on the field, given the events of last week.

"Showboat " ?

My favourite Sack Celebration was Grover Covington’s …

I love the evil villain thing on defense! :wink:

EVERYBODY HATES US, WE DON"T CARE

Anyone notice our international kicker with 2 XP?

I think Orlando handled the Simoni Lawrence incident well on TSN yesterday. He said the league is looking into the matter and the team has to move on.

Unfortunately Zach Collaros will be gone for 6 weeks. Simoni would be wise to play hard and clean in the meantime…and cut out the yukking when he makes a good play.