Kiss the 2019 Witches Thread vol XII

Awesome.

Can’t say we always do this as we almost never have a 12 win season. Not winning the GC would be a huge disappointment; cause we are not going un as a 9-9 much inferior team, to the Western contender. We will be going in as the favourite; unless its Calgary, they will have a home field advantage - most likely favoured.

In the meantime, its pure bliss winning 12 games; always only imagined what it would be like…kinda of like when you don’t have money, you imagine, then all of a sudden you do…and realize what you have been missing.

Must Win Games are something we’ve often been talking about, at this time of year. Today, if the Als don’t defeat the Stamps, and even if that game ends in a tie, the now holidaying TiCats will, officially, have only 2 Must Wins to be concerned with. And, they’ll have 6 and 7 weeks to get ready for them. Who’d’ve thunk it, eh? ;D How sweet it is.

Well said…but unlike so many sports, eg. hockey… the Grey Cup isn’t the best out of 57 (sometimes feels like it)…ha…ha…on any given day you can win ONE game & if that’s the GC so be it…part of what makes this a great sport is that who shows up that day & plays the best and wins…no second chances or reloads…the Cup is the do or die which I love. Making it to the playoffs & possible to the Cup is fantastic & should make all of us fans very happy…what happens after that is anyone’s guess!

I’m kind of torn…on one hand, I’m a bit worried about playing Calgary at home; on the other hand, this team still has players from 2014 & I also think that the loss against Calgary this year (also at McMahon) doesn’t sit well with anyone on our team. I’d bet they’re very motivated to get some revenge for both.

Our record is something that I don’t think any of us are used to, but I doubt anyone is complaining.

I’m starting to feel this is eerily similar to the 1986 team, where they just wouldn’t be denied despite being large underdogs in the Grey Cup game. Of course, they have to get there first. I think the most devastating thing that could happen this year, and I don’t really want to say this… is losing the Eastern Final at home.

I want a Grover Covington Night!

If it ends up being against Montreal then it won’t be a walk in the park. That team also has a burr up their butt and are on a mission to prove something.

The Cats will prevail though. :slight_smile:

Which prompts the question what constitutes a successful season ?

Team has already far exceeded the Jones era. To many the season was supposed to be a washout or a life and death struggle to make playoffs when Masoli went down.

Instead we’re at cruising altitude and over the target. By that standard it’s success. …but nobody will be satisfied…at 12-3 one can’t be.

I’m happy that someone in the Tiger-Cat organization had enough smarts to recognize Orlondo’s potential as a Head Coach. :smiley:

The Eastern Final is the real Grey Cup.

Did anybody notice if Maas blew a gasket after the Pick 6 by Leonard? I figured they would have needed to put him in a straight-jacket after that play. ;D

The way the receiver mishandled the ball while simultaneously sealing the Eskimo’s fate must have been the coach’s worst nightmare.

IF we go in as the underdog, and Calgary is favoured I doubt that it will be by much. If Calgary and Hamilton were in the same division, then Hamilton would have the season series by virtue of their larger margin of victory (not huge but bigger) over the Stamps.
GC of course is a totally different animal. NO ONE expected TO to win two years ago against a “superior” Stamps team but they did.

I think the larks are a team that one has to be wary of - would hate to see them spoil the perfect home winning record in the EF because I really don’t think that the EE (Harris or not) gets out of Montreal with a win in the ESF. We should have a better idea how well the Ticats handle the flying birds when they play them in their park at the end of the month.

Loved the win last night - couldn’t get on here to comment as the site kept having ‘connection problems’! ::slight_smile: >:( At times I could get on to read comments but not to post. Anyway a complete game in all three phases. I was a bit concerned about the timing of a couple of penalties but later saw that the Ticats only had four penalties. Even the EE wasn’t too bad for lost yards although they gave up twice as many as the Ticats. Don’t think there was a shot of Maas after that pick by Leonard which was truly a thing of beauty and such a fun play! If he’d been blowing a gasket I’m sure the cameras would have been showing it! Putting in their 3rd stringer at the end was truly an admission of defeat. Probably wouldn’t have hurt to put Moore in for the last few minutes but I can see where they want Dane to get as many snaps - even in garbage time - as possible.
Cheering for a Stamps win in La Belle Province today which will ensure a first place finish for our Ticats!

On a neutral field Hamilton would probably be a slight favourite.

Calgary at home would likely be a 3-4 pt favourite.

Banks continues to build his case for MOP. He may not win the receiving yardage race, but he is starting to pull away in TDs.

He should also score some points for being the best playmaker on the best team. And to a lesser extent, some recognition for career accomplishments.

If Vernon is worthy, let him show it by putting together another strong season next year.

As much as I am a Ticat fan, I do like the make up of the Alouettes, coming from no where, to have an outstanding year. Their players and coaches have a no quit attitude.
So I am cheering for the Alouettes today to defeat the cocky stamps.
We’ll wrap up first place in the coming weeks.
For us, question is, how does Orlondo & Co. keep the players focused and play the Alouttes a full 60 minute game. (Are we convinced that the team has turned the corner due to last 2 games?)

The Alouettes are probably the only team I’m concerned about. Vernon Adams has an all too constant ability of pulling rabbits out of his butt…

Traditionally team record breaks ties when stats are close.

If we continue this trend to 14 wins or better, Ticats have to have a bunch of Eastern nominees for awards.

And Banks deserves the recognition for his play in multiple areas (Special team’s tea Offense).

Yup watching Als vs Stamps. Very scary. Are Als that good or is Calgary over rated.

CAL left about 17 points on the field. Als needed 4 turnovers and it was still in doubt til the end.
How MTL wins isnt sustainable.