Kiss the 2019 Witches Thread vol VIII

Give us the gist please

Marsh pointed out that the difference between Masoli & Evans is that Masoli is quicker to get the ball to the receivers to let them do their thing, while Evans tries to “lead” receivers in the direction they should go with his throws. Says that it’s an adjustment for the receivers, but the offence isn’t “broken”.

No doubt, a great performance by our Defence! Our offence, however, was painful to watch and I don’t blame Evans…he shows great leadership and pocket presence. It’s clearly the play calling. Why are they not using Cam Marshall more?? He keeps being ignored in this Condell offence. Why does he keep getting rotated into the lineup? When he comes in the defence will key on him. He’s not only a much stronger runner than Coombs, but also a great blocker. It was frustrating to watch. i.e.: short yardage near the goal line and they pass the ball, having to settle for a field goal. Just give it to your RB and not from the shotgun. And what about screen passes…has our OC forgotten what they are?? Not every play needs to be about misdirection. Orlondo should intervene…it’s so blatantly obvious.

I wanted to make a couple of points that I’m not sure I’ve seen mentioned outside the PBP thread.

1. Tuggle has taken some knocks in these parts, but it was his bone-rattling hit on Reilly that caused the pass to flutter and allowed Rico to intercept it in the end zone.

2. Dean was filling in for Laurent, and not only got a sack and a few tackles, but he also made what I think was a TD-saving tackle on a long Lankford punt return in the second quarter. As it turns out, BC didn’t even score a point, despite starting on our 40-yard line. Seems like Dean can move fast for a Big Man.

It wasn’t Dean who made that tackle on Lankford. It was receiver Brian Jones.