Kiss the 2018 Witches vol V - LDC Post-game Thread

Considering the history of Breaux’s neck, a concussion is relatively good news, though it will suck if he misses more games.

What sane coach would settle for a FG instead of challenging an obviously winnablePI call that would place them at 1st and goal?

A coach that wants to keep his challenge for later in the game and go up 10.

You only get 1. Have to consider everything and then some when using it.

3DN and Edwards are going to just pound the Masoli “critics” whenever they get around to it.

Good win for the Cats, still a few mistakes to clean up before the return game in Toronto but great to see the team gelling in the Labour Day classic, once again a team victory!

Argos will probably have another sparse crowd of fans at BMO next Saturday so very typical of the Argos, so lets fill the stands with loud Ti-Cat fans and drown out the blew team offence.

A win in T.O. for the Cats next weekend will set the pace for the second half of the season and keep the wins alive and well.

GO CATS GO!!!

Great team win in an important game. Overcame adversity to do it. Jeremiah played an outstanding game. Many others contributed. It doesn’t get better than beating the Argos on Labour Day.

Why bother?

On Speedy’s second TD, it looked like JM was actually throwing to LT (who was double covered) but under-threw it and hit a wide open Speedy who, (following his QB’s scramble) came from the far right side of the play. I plan on my own video review to verify.

I would agree with that.

Why do you constantly attack Drew Edwards? You know he can’t and won’t reply to your taunts.
Does it make you feel good? This cyber bullying is what we’re trying to teach our kids NOT to do!!
Unbelievable attitude.

Hows the Manziel trade looking now? Are we still going to fire June Jones asap?
A little faith goes a long way, I told a lot of people on here that we were one or two more plays from winning these close games and they just laughed at me and questioned my intelligence. Well guess what? Against Edmonton they made those one or two more plays to win rather than lose. Against Toronto they made those one or two more plays to put their foot on the gas and not let the argos back into it in the fourth. This team lost twice to one of the hottest teams in the CFL and not by much, once to the best team not by much, against the best team in the east not by much and a very good WPG team not by much but won their other meeting this year.
Lets see how the 2nd half unfolds but im hoping this puts more support in the Ticats corner

They looked great (with the exception of some penalties that we can chalk up to emotion) but can we please enjoy the win in the post-game thread without talking about Manziel!

What a treat!

I think its fair to mention considering how many fans we lost A) because of the trade and B) because of our 3-5 record and the guy is probably going to lose his job to Pipkin.

Saying “I told you so” after 10 games is dangerous. This team is a .500 team and still not leading the putrid East division. We also don’t have a capable backup should our starting QB get injured.
While the door may still be wide open for this team to get to the Grey Cup, one bad break and this season could be over.
A loss next week would bring everything back down to earth, because at 5-6 the “I told you so” narrative doesn’t fly well.
My expectations for this team were 10-8 and winning the East. Until that happens I still have a very cautious approach with this team.

Ok but did I say that this team is definitely grey cup bound now? No. I strictly mentioned the people that wanted June Jones head 2 weeks ago and were acting like weve been getting blown out in every loss. So yes, I did say that the season wasnt over and we didnt need to fire Jones and its true. I stand by my statement

You also said “How’s the Manziel trade looking now?”
The answer is, same as it did when it happened. We traded a backup QB and now we are one hit away from essentially the season being over.

Come on, Crash, chill! Deep breaths, relax and enjoy the moment. It could well be fleeting, but we are a solid second place, and, other than those injuries to Saunders and Breaux, looking pretty good for Saturday’s re-match.

Enjoy the win, this ain’t no dress rehearsal!

Enjoy the moment - Well put Palmer!

Agree with this 100%. We beat a team we probably should have. On the flip side, all those close games we “hung in” with Calgary, Saskatchewan and especially Ottawa… those are games we need to WIN to truly turn a corner and become one of the better teams.

Masoli and Jones need to deliver on that front, otherwise they are just a very good .500 team.

Manziel is injured on a terrible team. It would have been great to see him and judge him on a better team here in Hamilton.

Masoli played really well, but he needs to eliminate those stupid decisions. If he doesn’t throw that pick, the game isn’t as tight as it was till the end.

For weeks, and as recently as early this past Friday evening, I did not envisage this day coming or, if it actually did, not until very late October. Nevertheless, NOW, the Tiger-Cats control their own destiny when it comes to finishing first in the East. Thanks MTL, TOR, OTT & WPG for your performances, good and bad, which helped us get to this point, so quickly, after things looked so bleak.