Killer Instinct MIA

3 games left for our guys to find a way to put opponents down in the final 5 minutes of a game.

I will have no fingers left (not just no fingernails) if I have to continue sitting through watching them “hang on” at the end of games like they have over the last two.

Thank you Duke for your onside kick hands over the last couple of games.

Team, please don’t bring it down to that every time.

Armchair coaches…,,,,what do we have to do to end these comeback attempts before they start?

Both the Als and Stamps are playoff teams. They'll make plays too.

I think their offense played conservative a little too soon but glad they hung on

1 Like

Score some points lol, get some 1st downs .

[quote="ed_ohmnes, post:3, topic:74422"]

Score some points lol, get some 1st downs .

[/quote]Some of the issue is execution of plays, some is the plays called by the co-ordinator some is talent on the field not being what it was last year in a few key positions. Case in point, why do the bombers not have this issue this year...almost every position is a veteran and an all-star with extremely few miss-cues made in any game they have played this year.

Yes , my immediate reaction ro signing the new offensive co-ordinator was not a good one, my gut feeling told me it was a mistake, but I hope they prove me wrong. So many injuries, o line , etc. It’s hard to judge that accurately.

Well that and they've stayed pretty healthy the whole year whereas the Riders haven't.

1 Like

The Bombers put out the money to RE-sign most all of the veterans from 2019 the Riders DIDN'T

We lost who? Charleston Hughes (2 sacks, replaced him with a guy who has 8), Cam Judge, Moncrief to an NFL tryout (brought in Larry Dean who tore an achilles).

The offensive line lost a few, a few to retirement, one to the NFL.

Not sure its a matter of not paying people as it was a matter of players moving on after Covid.

Yet here we are, 7-4 and in good position to host a third straight playoff game.

1 Like

Why is the nasty stumps fan not here chirping as to how much better his team is????

Yet another that should've been put away early coming down to the last few minutes. That offense needs to find a way to put up touchdowns not just field goals

1 Like

Duke comes through yet again on the onside kick. Should not have to keep coming down to this.

1 Like

What is missing is quarterback protection(talent/veterans)

1 Like

Agree, Our O-line is a major issue. Correct that and many other problems go away. They need to spend some serious coin next year to bolster this so we can have a legitimate shot at the GC at home.

2 Likes

He’s stuck on the main forum, seems to have a flagrant dislike for the riders. It would be nice to see the riders pursue. Dave dickenson for offensive co-ordinator for next season. I think the brothers would like to be on the same team , over ruling the cfl . That would have to be , on the number 1 franchise in the league. Keep it strong riders, keep it going. Go riders.

Why wait till next year, trade labbat if he doesn’t want to play here, bring someone in, even if we have to sit a Canadian down. Unless they are in next year territory, or hoping the defence can get the job done, I don’t see it though. Winnipeg is to strong, unless zack goes down, and they will even have trouble with the stamps in the playoffs if they can’t get the offence working better.

1 Like

Ya that and Cody's ball placement. He under threw both Shaq and Schaefer-Baker in the endzone.

Those jumbo packages looked good though.. they'll have to play those against the Bombers

But they are finding ways to win still, and that’s a good thing, a win is a win is a win. 8 and 4 baby , go rrrrrriders.

2 Likes

Labatt never said he does not want to play in Saskatchewan. He said he was not going to play CFL football anywhere during the pandemic under the CFL pandemic limitations and requirements. A player that won't play for another team has no trade value. Labatt will be back with the Riders next year.

1 Like

Labbatt is the key ingredient that is missing on the O line....and lets all thank the football gods the poster who said to trade him away for a pile of magic beans is NOT the GM or affiliated with making actual football planning for the Riders

1 Like

Everyone’s replaceable, just ask Chris Jones.