Kicker for Cats

Apparently Ottawa Redblacks kicker Lewis Ward is being persuded by the Bombers.Why dont the Cats trade for him.He,s money in the bank.He,s better than what we,ve got now.I guess it all depends on what the Redblacks would want in return.Just my opinion.

2 Likes

He's being persuaded? since when?
Some guy on 3D nation said the Bombers need a kicker and they should go after Ward.

If that's true we'd be crazy not to.we have multiple receivers,Canadian RBS.his salary could be a factor.the cats dont seem to put much importance on kickers

1 Like

Oh really ?? Tell the coaching staff that . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Pat Lynch

They probably know by now,,,

Camacho in BC still hasn’t missed one yet. Something like 11 straight. The one that got away perhaps?

I’m hopeful Bertolet just had a hard time adjusting to the driving rain in Ottawa and gets back on track. Seems to have a decent leg.

1 Like

[quote="PatLynch, post:4, topic:73532"]

Oh really ?? Tell the coaching staff that . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Pat Lynch

[/quotenot on the coaches.management doesn't seem to see the dollar value
1 Like

Lets hope so,,,

Ahh? Yes he (Camacho) missed one on Saturday against the Riders. He is doing very well for them still.

I’m mistaken. You are correct - believe he missed the very last one

But it's not true, it's an opinion from a Bomber fan that posts on 3D nation. How about the NFL kicker yesterday that set an NFL record with a 66 yard FG on the last play of the game?

It was an opinion piece of fluff written by John Hodge who is nothing more than a Bomber hometown fan boy . My guess is that there is no merit or substance behind it and it's just basically Hodge wishing out loud and throwing stuff at the wall to see if any of it sticks . There is nothing in that article that would suggest that an imminent trade is being talked about or even in the works .

Redblacks would be insane to trade Ward. Hometown kid, very accurate and he’s the best part of the team right now. He could be their kicker for the next 10 years or more. Whatever they get back in a trade won’t help them make the playoffs this year

1 Like

He is a FA at the end of the year. They could trade him and sign him back in the off season.

The problem is that the RedBlacks need to figure out how to get into field goal range to make any use of Ward.

1 Like

Ultimately they need a top flight quarterback which they won’t pick up in a trade. After that, probably two better receivers and at least one offensive tackle. I don’t think they can fix this in season - they will have to draft wisely to replenish some of the
Olinemen they lost from 2019 and go after some free agents especially on offence.

1 Like

We have the receivers. Give us the kicker

Offer DesJardins both Tucker and Marshall . Neither of them have played since the season opener and they are both currently collecting dust bunnies and cobwebs languishing on our PR . With the emergence of our 3 rookies that sound like a law firm...White , Dunbar and White we don't really need these two guys anyways . Throw in Bertolet , a draft pick or two and see if they bite on trading us Ward .

For what it's worth, I am generally in favour of trading third-stringers for all-stars. But we may find it a bit more challenging to convince the other team.

2 Likes

Yes but in the case of DesJardins let the history books show that he doesn't mind trading All-Stars for third stringers .

1 Like