khalif mitchell gets release

So apparently the soon to be 29 year old head case is exploring NFL options.

Wow ! Argos defence is taking a major hit with several key players jumping ship and a new DC, this could get ugly !

Argos will battle for last place in the East !

What's with Jim barker and releasing players to go to the nfl? I guess when you sign a contract to play with the Argos you are allowed to be released anytime you want now.

Probably that darn Rudge and Brailey up to no good again eh.

Rudge ain’t up to anything any day it’s tough to blame a guy who just sits around all day doing nothing. Braley could share some blame being an absentee owner and all he probably doesn’t bother to look at players contracts and transactions to much.

You might want to add the great Tim Burke to that list ! a legend in his own mind !!

Tim Burke! lol last guy we need to bring over to the Argos is that guy. I don’t recall a coach to lose his locker room like Burke did!

You might want to add the great Tim Burke to that list ! a legend in his own mind !!
[/quote]
Tim Burke! lol last guy we need to bring over to the Argos is that guy. I don't recall a coach to lose his locker room like Burke did!
[/quote]
Hate to break it to you but.......Toronto Argonauts - Argos

Tim Burke! lol last guy we need to bring over to the Argos is that guy. I don’t recall a coach to lose his locker room like Burke did!
[/quote]
Hate to break it to you but…http://argonauts.ca/page/tim-burke
[/quote]
Just when I thought Chris rudge was the king of sitting around doing nothing all day this guy Tim Burke takes it all !

I would not sweat it too much. The signing of Marcus Thomas should more than make up for the loss of Mitchell. Canadian Rookie Cleyton Lang was fantastic last season rotating all over the DL. Kiante Tripp and recently signed NFL FA Logan Harrell both will be battling for a spot at the DT rotation.
lets not forget that Aaron Maybin full training camp as well as being able to be turned loose at Rush DE with jones gone.

Mitchel NFL options at 29???

According to a TSN article Mitchel and Barker had a handshake agreement that if he did come and play in Toronto that Barked would release him in 2014. So his playing in Toronto's sudden change of plan after not wanting to report hinged on this. In the meantime the Argos have signed another big DT in NFL FA Marcus Thomas in october of 2013 which will fil into that big 300 pd plus Dlinman. Thomas and Mitchel are of similar age and size

Really? I thought I read something about how Mitchell thought it was God’s will. :roll:

In all likelihood, Mitchell is making an error in judgement that could very well cost him a future roster spot in the CFL as younger and less expensive models will replace him.

He is a decent nose tackle with large size/strength although is not exactly fleet afoot and is now 29 years of age including a previous failed two year stint on NFL PR’s.

and few, if any teams will waste a PR spot (let alone active) on a veteran of his advanced age and inexperience in NFL game day action as there are far too many young NCAA recruits or FA’s with experience waiting in the wings who will be provided first hand opportunities over KM.

KM may be attempting to exhaust 2 more years of NFL PR eligibility but this will be a tall order and the CFL may not be a welcoming return option especially considering his poor boorish behavior in the past.

As far as I can tell the Argos already bought in his replacement las OCT in Macus Thomas who has already had his time in the NFL

"Really? I thought I read something about how Mitchell thought it was God's will."

Quite uncalled for CRFadmin. A rather ignorant snipe I would say and posted only to get a couple of cheap laughs.

Odd…you feel this is an ignorant snipe after your penchant for ridiculous cartoon postings?

You mean like this one………

ROTFLMHO

You go right ahead and say that then. I dislike that type of comment (Mitchell’s) myself. If you don’t like that I don’t like it, so be it. Believe me, I’ll get over it quickly.

He is an all Star in the CFL so he will have interest. S for the NFL and if that is the whole reason for the release who knows.

"You go right ahead and say that then. I dislike that type of comment (Mitchell's) myself."

What comment? You don't even know if he said it so why muck stir?
"I thought I read something about…." by crfadmin

And even if he said it why would such a comment bug you. Maybe it is true. Isn't between Mitchell and his God? I think so.