Keys to Beating BC

Win the coin toss - easier to score first then! :smiley:

Sooooo no Lulay than?

With Lulay its likely a 50 percent chance of us winning. Without Lulay I'm putting it at 60 percent chance we win.

At sportbooks, BC is favored by 7 points with most money now gambled on BC. That is roughly 70% probability of BC winning. 50% chance would be ā€œ0 point or pickā€ as in Saskatchewan at Winnipeg game. Although BC and Hamilton have struggled, Hamilton is in worser shape. Currently, risky to pick a eastern team to beat any western team.

The best way to win this game is for the Cats to score more points than the Lions.

Thereā€™s not math behind my percentages. Itā€™s just an opinion.

Favoured to win by 7 is still pretty close game.

BC is vulnerable against the run
Only the DeadBlacks are worse on run defence!
Look for Gable, Banks and LeFevour to have good games on the ground
Fantuz as always will play well
Glenn has tossed a lot of INT's, so we can win the turnover battle.
ST and defence can give us a short field to work with and
IMHO we win this game

Don't let the time change effect you and sleep in late, and an understanding that you are going to Vancouver to work, not to spend the day enjoying Vancouver. Also don't take dumb penalties.

stupid 10pm games. iā€™ll have to hit the timmies at 9pm to stay up. damn iā€™m getting old

Yah Really I hate those late games, when we host BC in Hamilton we should play the game at 11:00am Eastern Time just to pee them off??

A late night Tim Hortonā€™s Special just for Catā€™s fans :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lol bobo8224

"hi i'll take a medium double double. err wait its a 10pm game. super size that please "

It's gonna be an old fashion CAT Fight tonight!!!Can't wait :rockin:

I'll take a Tiger over a Lion any day of the week...Oski-Wee-Wee !! Eat Em Raw !!!!

lions and tigers no bears, oh my

I do believe a tiger is bigger and stronger than a lion.

yeah, but lions are prettier :slight_smile:

Sorry to be picky but thatā€™s the wrong kind of Lion - should be a mountain lion which is NOT prettier than a Tiger! :smiley:

Excerpts From Wikipedia....

[i]History[edit]
In the circuses of Ancient Rome, exotic beasts were commonly pitted against each other. The contest of the lion against the tiger was a classic pairing and the betting usually favoured the tiger.[4][5] A mosaic in the House of the Faun in Pompeii shows a fight between a lion and a tiger.[6] Titus, the Roman Emperor, had Bengal tigers compelled to fight the African lions, and the tigers always beat the lions.[7] A tiger that belonged to the King of Oude killed thirty lions, and destroyed another after being transferred to the zoological garden in London.[8] A British officer who resided many years at Sierra Leone saw many lion and tiger fights, and the tiger usually won.[9] At the end of the 19th century, the Gaekwad of Baroda arranged a fight between a Barbary lion and a Bengal tiger before an audience of thousands. The Gaekwad favoured the lion, and as a result had to pay 37,000 rupees as the lion was mauled by the tiger.[2][10]

Competition in the wild[edit]
... The University of Minnesota's Lion Research Project describes one reason to delay the introduction of Gir lions to Kuno Palpur is the fears that tigers living in Kuno would kill the incoming lions.[11] The tigers, being stronger and larger than the lions, are a potential threat for survival of lions.[13]

Temperament[edit]
The lion is a highly social animal and the tiger is a solitary animal, and they have marked differences in personality. It is generally agreed that the tiger is the faster, smarter, and more ferocious of the two so keepers of captive tigers must take care to avoid a sudden attack.[25]

Brain Size and Bite Force[edit]
A study by Oxford University scientists has shown that tigers have much bigger brains, relative to body size, than lions and other big cats. Although comparisons showed that lion skulls were larger overall, the tiger's cranial volume is the largest - even the tiny female Balinese tiger skulls have cranial volumes as large as those of huge male southern African lion skulls.[26][27] Note Balinese tigresses weight between 65ā€“80 kg (143ā€“176 lb)[28] while the southern African male lions have an average weight of 189.6 kilograms (418 lb), representing the largest living lions.[20] Tigers also have been shown to have higher average bite forces (such as at the canine tips) than lions.[29] The bite force adjusted for body mass allometry (BFQ) for tiger is 127 while that for lion is 112.[30]

Accidental fights in captivity[edit]
Although lions and tigers can be kept together in harmony in captivity,[31] conflicts between the two species in captivity ending up in fatalities have also been recorded. The most recent account of a fight in captivity happened on March 2011, where a tiger at the Ankara Zoo attacked a lion through its enclosure and killed the lion with a single paw swipe.[32] "The tiger severed the lion's jugular vein in a single stroke with its paw, leaving the animal dying in a pool of blood," officials said. At the Coney Island animal show in 1909, a male tiger killed a male lion. During the performance, a performing lion suddenly attacked a chained tiger by leaping through the air, landing on the tiger's back. Though hampered by the heavy neck chain fastened to the iron bars of the arena, the tiger was more than a match for the lion and mangled the lion to death.[33] In 1857, a tiger at the Bromwich Zoo broke into the cage of a lion and a fearful scene ensued: the lion's mane saved his head and neck from being injured, but the tiger succeeded in ripping up his stomach, and within a few minutes he was dead.[34]

Expert opinions[edit]
John Varty, owner of the Londolozi Reserve in South Africa, said, "People always ask me which one is bigger? If a tiger and a lion had a fight, which one would win? Well, I've seen tigers crunch up a full-grown leopard tortoise like it was nothing. And lions try, but they just don't get it right. If there's a fight, the tiger will win, every time."[40]

The animal rescue organisation Big Cat Rescue of Tampa, Florida answered, "While we would much prefer that people focus their thoughts on saving these magnificent animals than on who would win if a lion and tiger fight, the power of these two largest cats seems to raise this question in people's minds. While it would depend on the size, age, and aggressiveness of the specific animals involved, generally tigers have a significant advantage."[41]

The conservation charity Save China's Tigers stated, "Recent research indicates that the tiger is indeed stronger than the lion in terms of physical strength. Lions hunt in prides, so it would be in a group and the tigers as a solitary creature so it would be on its own. A tiger is generally physically larger than a lion. Most experts would favor a Siberian and Bengal tiger over an African lion."[42]

National Geographic Channel's documentary The Last Lions of Asia mentioned that a Bengal tiger has a weight advantage of 50 kilograms (110 lb) over an Asiatic lion, and can kill the lion in a fight.[43]

John Smith Clarke, a British lion tamer, said in a lecture on the fight between a tiger and a lion given to the Glasgow Zoological Society while showing the actual fight on the screen, "in 100 cases out of 100 the tiger would always beat the lion. It was far more agile, it was not so clumsy in its moments, it was equally strong, it was equally armed, but it fought in a different way. The tiger very often fought rolling on its back and held the lion in its grip until it defeated him."[44][/i]

Oh yeah.... and these are the big lions. Mountain lions are much smaller.

Yes quite a bit longer. Had one walk right down beside my car at African lion safari. It was atleast 3/4 the length of my old sunbird and damn near as tall.

Fantastic Mark. :thup:

But as someone said above, the BC ā€œLionsā€ are a Mountain Lion - a ā€œCougarā€ - check out their logo ā€” itā€™s a mountain lion, not an African Lion :roll: