Kevin Glenn

It means a lot because we saw what he is capable of doing. His production last year is also a good reason to stick with him for AT LEAST three games, unless he starts doing absolutely horrendous. Mediocrity in week one isn’t a valid reason to start questioning Glenn right away. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. I express no concern whatsoever.

I think the Bombers have established throwing in an inexperienced, unproven QB will not solve all the offensive problems. When you factor in the steep learning curve in the CFL, starting a back up is anything but a quick fix.

Absolutely agree with both those posts. Glenn doesn't deserve to be judged on one game against the best pass defense in the league. I'd give him two. lol

…IF and when the no 1 guy isn’t getting it done…when do you throw your back-ups in…at the end of a game with 2mins. left…look where that got us last year…Certainly, when you’re in red-zone mode you don’t put an inexperienced guy in…but i’ll say this…IF Glenn comes away empty a few more times in that crucial part of the field…I don’t think it’ll be very long and we’ll see either Dinwiddie or Randall…I believe Berry is thinking along those lines…whether Kevin believes it or not …he’s already on a short leash… :expressionless:

Well I still say your red zone problem in the season opener had a lot more to do with the play calling (read: offensive coordinator) than it did the quarterback. Such being the case, changing the QB would not have made a bit of difference.

Should have stayed with running Sir Charles on first down and having second and short as opposed to what they did when they got close to the red zone, which was to start throwing on first down. That's death against the Argos' defence, regardless of whether it is Glenn, Dinwiddie, Randall, or even Tee Martin for heaven's sake throwing the passes.

(I know, I know, wash my mouth out with soap)

Do you have access to some information the rest of us don’t? Berry already said right after the opener that it wasn’t Glenn’s fault and exonerated him for two of the interceptions. Berry seems willing to stick with Glenn. What makes you think differently?

…if you got the impression that Berry was happy with the no-td. result in the T.O. game…you must be smoking some funny stuff…He didn’t exonnerate anyone…and saying that there was a lot to be desired in a few depts…includes the qb. position i believe…he was not a happy camper …so to speak…Further to that, when Berry came on board as coach…he was NOT convinced totally that Glenn was the go-to-guy…I believe Berry is still in that frame of mind…just my opinion…Like the saying goes…and it applies here…‘show me the money’…I hope Kevin is about to do that this year… :wink:

I hope Kevin has one helluva' game this Fri.....and makes all of the concerns go away...we'll see :thup:

That’s fine if that’s what YOU think, but your views on Berry’s thought process are pure speculation and ,quite frankly, complete trash.

…oh and yours are gospel and from the horses mouth eh.are you the divine Bomber speak…maybe your take is from the hind end of the horse …and that’s giving you too much credit…you don’t like my assessment…well quite frankly i could give a rats a$$…and by the way on this board you can actually express your opinion and i just had mine…and if you don’t like it …tough :lol: :lol: …

Did you even read my post before replying to it? I made it quite clear you can say what you think, but don’t assume you know what Berry is thinking because you have no significant proof to back it up. Honestly get your head out of your @ss, go back and read the post again. This is painful to argue with someone as clueless as yourself.

I think Kevin is showing rust due to last seasons injury even though it was on his non throwing arm. he is a good qb and i put alot more blame on the bad, drive killing plays called byu our OC Kit cartwright then i do on kevins ability as a qb.

…IF you READ my post…i said that Berry had misgivings about Glenn being the no. 1 guy…if you think different, go back to last year and look up Berrys comments…i think you’re the one who has to get their head out of their a$$ and cut the crap…If you want to go down the name-calling road…i’ll accomodate ,but it really is kind of juvenile …so i’ll have to rap my own wrist for the ‘crap’ comment…and leave it at that…I still say the no 1 pivot job is still not settled in the Peg…You think different…that’s your opinion…but don’t say someone is talking trash when i just gave you the facts from last year…Go give your head a shake and maybe we can talk…or were you even around last year…you seem to have a bad memory :roll:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised this year if KG goes down with injury for an extended period that he doesn’t have a job to come back to. And that’s not a knock on KG, just a feeling about Dinwiddie and how far he has come in such a short time.

The QB job in Winnipeg is Kevin Glenn's until he's either hurt or totally blows up. And he's not going to blow up. He'll get things under control. Dinwiddie has had only one real game as a true starter. No way is Berry going to have a fast trigger on Glenn this year and throw an inexperienced backup in there. Things will have to get really bad before Dinwiddie gets a chance and the season's way too young for any changes like that.

....I'll totally agree with Jeejo...It's Kevin Glenns' job...He is the starter and until he shows different the job is his...AND the season has just started...However.. some cracks have appeared in Glenns game....Pigseye and I have seen this before....I know that his play definitely tailed off last year...and his propensity to get injured is always there...All i'm saying is that Berry has got a good choice if Glenn isn't going well...and I don't think he will be scared to go to that option...Granted , Glenns' game will have to totally come off the rails before that happens or he gets hurt....I hope Kevin goes into Montreal and blows the doors off the Alouettes on Friday...BUT IF he ain't getting it done....we have to try someone and something else.. is all i'm saying... :expressionless:

...note: by my saying the pivot job is not settled..I believe every club with a starter that isn't going well is obviously in that boat...that can change in a BIG hurry in this league...especially with other guys pushing for the job....that's life...and i think it keeps a teams competitive edge.. :wink:

I’d rather not go back to last year to see what Berry thinks of Glenn this year. That seems kind of illogical, doesn’t it? I’ll take his post-game comments from week one and apply those to the situation if I want to speculate on which direction Berry is leaning. You seem incapable of acknowledging that Berry is satisfied with Glenn for now, even though you have no proof to the contrary besides irrelevant comments made last year.
And don’t pretend I started the “name calling”. It got nasty starting with you posts, all you have to do is go back and read your responses. So don’t even try to act condescending towards me. It’s too late to take the high road, you have already made your choice quite clear.
You still haven’t provided any reasonable proof to justify your unfounded speculation on Berry’s thoughts, other than he was “not a happy camper”. You also seem to be weakening your stance from “Kevin Glenn is already on a short leash” to “I don’t think he will be scared to go to that option…Granted , Glenns’ game will have to totally come off the rails before that happens or he gets hurt.” Doesn’t sound like a short leash to me. Guess I’m not the one with a bad memory.

...wellllll now to prove you have a bad memory ,i believe in blue....you failed the test ...it was the first year Berry came on board that he made the comments about Glenns status with the Blue, not last year....who's got the bad memory????....orrr were you even around then.....Don't give me the bull about who started the name calling on here....i'll refresh your bad memory... ...quote from your post.....your views are 'trash' .. and if you want more...how about... quote 'you're clueless'..... now if those aren't direct derrogatory statements...i don't know what is...I won't go down that juvenile road... but i think anyone reading your posts can see who started throwing the crap first...I don't pretend to have all of the inside info. on the Bombers...like you seem to have...just what i see on the field...I back this team 100% and because i have a concern about a position on the club and want to make comment on it...I ,as a fan have every right...There are concerns about Glenn....and its not ONLY ME...I haven't been convinced that he is the qb. that'll bring this team a Cup...I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG....and as far as weakening my position on the guy...no-way...I want this team to be successful...and i know Berry will do everything and anything to make it so...and that includes changing the qb. position IF necessary... and... .my friend ,whether you like it or not.. :wink:

Well here's something I don't recall ever ahving done... but I have to diagree with you Papa, Glenn wasn't the problem. The blue called the worst game they have since bowing out in the last game two years ago. How can Kevin see the feild when there's no time to throw. they wanted the ball deep, Armstrong believed he was open on that seam route all game, but they never ran Charles enough to bring the linebackers up, or to get the Ref to call Whitegrabber for obvious interference. Kevin put the ball to the spot when he had time, sure he might have eaten it on the long interception, but I don't know any great or good CFL QB that doesn't throw on up and see if his guy can post up and play jump ball for the big gain. It wasn't that Kevin put it there, it WAS that armstrong was held five yards away on his break to the ball.
The game plan (as always) is simple. Run Roberts twenty times, he'll break 2 or 3 for long ones then crush the opponent in the fourth when they tire out. We didn't do that and still we didn't get blown out. We beat up 2 QBs and played MUCH better special teams. We may not get out of the gate as fast as last year, but Kevin will still be throwing the rock in the playoffs and he'll still put up wins and numbers that will be the class of the league.
Sit back, have a few and don't let the mosquitoes make you so cranky!
best to ya' You're still the premier poster on the site!!!

....oh i don't know bout premier...but thanx anyway.....Everyones got their take on Glenn....i respect yours...i hope you respect mine...I'm hoping Glenn will always prove me wrong and be that winning qb....but everytime he gets my hopes up...he either misfires orrr gets injured..Nobody in this league is perfect at that position...but Glenn sure blows it at times...Maybe I'm a little too tough on the guy and he'll make me eat my words (please)... I guess what i need is to see a Cup (been a long time) brought to the Peg
to really get on the Glenn wagon and stay there...This team definitely has all the horses...GoBIGBLUE :rockin: :thup:

...and yeah those nasty little 'squitoes can get a guy a tad nasty.. :lol: