Kevin Glenn "walks that aisle"

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/Sports/Football/2007/04/27/4133947-sun.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/Sports/Footb ... 7-sun.html[/url]

Glenn weds, prepares for new season

Kevin Glenn got himself a ring this off-season.

"I'm officially a married man," the Winnipeg Blue Bombers starting quarterback said from Detroit this week. "I've joined the club, ring and all. And I'm not one of those guys who don't wear their rings."

Glenn married Asha Day on March 24 in the Motor City. After enjoying their honeymoon in Jamaica, Glenn went back to work to prepare for the upcoming CFL season.

It's a campaign the 27-year-old is looking forward to, primarily because he will go into it with the same offence that the team employed last year. It's a first for Glenn in his four years with the club.

"Since I've been in Winnipeg, it's been a new offence every year," he said. "Just to go into the season knowing you're going to be doing the same thing, it'll help a lot. You will have that much more confidence."

Even though it's the same offence, Glenn will still be working under a new co-ordinator in Kit Cartwright, an old colleague and friend of head coach Doug Berry who was hired last month.

Glenn and Cartwright have chatted on the phone, but they didn't get into Xs and Os. "It was a meet-and-greet kind of thing," Glenn said.

From what he hears, though, Glenn is confident he will mesh with the former University of Michigan assistant.

"I actually have some friends who went to the University of Michigan when he was coaching," Glenn said. "As far as his character and his personality, he seems like a pretty good guy.

"Going into these type of situations, where you're trying to get to know somebody, character is very important. That can always break the ice."

Glenn will need all the help he can get this season, which could be a make-or-break campaign for the six-year CFL vet. The Bombers were 7-11 in 2005 in Glenn's first year as the starter and 9-9 during his sophomore season last year.

He got a contract extension during Grey Cup week that includes an option for 2008, but the team will be looking for even more improvement from their pivot this season.

"It's an important year for him to continue to progress in Doug's offence and be part of a winning system," Bombers GM Brendan Taman said.

Glenn started throwing the football two weeks ago with Bombers receiver Arjei Franklin, who lives in nearby Windsor, Ont., and he's been working out feverishly.

The aspect of his game he wants to improve upon most, however, is something he can't control; injuries forced him to miss three games last season, and the team suffered without him.

It looks like his health will be especially important this season, because the Bombers have yet to significantly improve their quarterback depth this off-season.

"All you can do is work out, and you leave everything else up to the Man upstairs," he said. "I've just been concentrating on working out and getting my body to where I can play an 18-game season.

"If we stay healthy this year, we can go pretty far. It's going to be tough, but I think we've got the guys to do it."

--

Looks like this will be the only ring KG gets while in a Bomber uni. :stuck_out_tongue:

MARRIED??? Congratulations or Condolences!

I never know which :wink:

Nice one, geo. I guess you're one of those guys who believes in this song I once heard as part of a radio commercial years ago:

"So tip the devil and take 'er
I thank him for his pay
I swear to God I'll hang myself
If I get married again" :lol: