Kevin Glenn to be Starter in Cow Town !!

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=400123

TORONTO -- The Calgary Stampeders lost quarterback Drew Tate in the first quarter of their game Saturday against the Toronto Argonauts to an apparent left shoulder injury, and the Stampeders say he will not return.

Tate is expected to be out indefinately, according to Stampeders coach John Hufnagel. The coach told TSN's Katherine Dolan that the injury is either a separation or dislocation.

He will most likely fly back to Calgary to get an MRI and see the extent of the damage.

Tate was injured rolling out to his left to open Calgary's second possession of the game. He put his left arm down to brace himself while being hit by Toronto's Derrick Summers.

Tate remained down for some time before walking off the field, then to the Calgary dressing room. He was replaced by veteran Kevin Glenn.

The 27-year-old pivot guided Calgary to a 69-yard, seven play drive to open the contest that he capped with a four-yard TD strike to Rob Cote at 3:36 of the first quarter.

It's believed Tate has dislocated the same shoulder before and may require surgery.

I hope that Tate recovers quickly, but not TOO quickly - I wouldn't like to see him get injured again. It's an opportunity for Glenn, but he looked like Bad Kevin during the game. Still can't run for a first down, still throwing weak, wobbly passes, still throwing interceptions.

Wow I predicted and was hoping KG would replace him but not like this.Hopefully he recovers quickly and fully.

15/19 172 yard, 2 tds 2 ints

I dont think you could expect more from your backup QB being thrown into the game. I thought Glenn played fine and the Stamps almost pulled it out in the end.

He also fumbled which was recovered by Toronto, he was pretty bad but I think he's going to be better next week for sure.

Calgary is now in a world of hurt. Good luck Stamps you're going to need it.

How so? Glenn is a proven guy who can step in and keep the team afloat while the starter is out; as a backup, that's his job. The Stamps will be just fine with Glenn.

It also looks like Glenn will be Calgary's starter when the Stamps play here in August.

Oh no they are now stuck with a QB that took his team to the EDF last year…they probably wish they had Porter right about now

displaced: I only saw parts of the game...but I watched a CHCH recap where the reporter wondered why Glenn could not have played as well as that when he was in Hamilton.

Glenn played way better games with the Cats than he did for Calgary yesterday. I don't blame him for not being sharp -- almost all backups aren't their sharpest when they come into a game -- but whichever reporter said that last night is a bit of a fool. Glenn was OK, but I could pick out plenty of games when he was with the Cats that were way better.

I'm sensing some sarcasm here.

KG also "took his team" to a home playoff game in 2010 and in 2009 ... neither of which he could win.

Glenn is a .500 QB in this league ... we've moved on ... so should you.

Who is "we"? He was clearly responding to Rusty30 who was clearly taking a shot at Glenn by implying the Stamps are doomed because he's their starter. Perhaps it's the Glenn haters you should be telling to move on.

Also, you say "neither of which he could win" (my emphasis); you do know that Glenn didn't lose those games on his own, right? Was it his fault the team lined up with 11 players on defense in overtime against the Lions? The guy put up over 400 yards passing in that game and somehow he was the reason the team lost? I guess despite throwing for over 500 passing yards it was Calvillo's fault that the Cats beat the Als last year in the playoffs, eh? Why people constantly go to the wins and losses to evaluate to quarterbacks (and only quarterbacks) baffles me. Wins and losses matter, but there are 41 other players that have a say in the outcome, yet only one gets the blame or credit afterwards.

I remembering reading this a year or two ago and it encapsulates perfectly why QB wins is a useless and stupid stat that we really need to stop going to in arguments about which QB is better: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu ... nfl-305186

And now it looks like AC might not be playing either due to a sore shoulder. Battle of the backups?

Zing !

Who is "we"? He was clearly responding to Rusty30 who was clearly taking a shot at Glenn by implying the Stamps are doomed because he's their starter. Perhaps it's the Glenn haters you should be telling to move on.

Also, you say "neither of which he could win" (my emphasis); you do know that Glenn didn't lose those games on his own, right? Was it his fault the team lined up with 11 players on defense in overtime against the Lions? The guy put up over 400 yards passing in that game and somehow he was the reason the team lost? I guess despite throwing for over 500 passing yards it was Calvillo's fault that the Cats beat the Als last year in the playoffs, eh? Why people constantly go to the wins and losses to evaluate to quarterbacks (and only quarterbacks) baffles me. Wins and losses matter, but there are 41 other players that have a say in the outcome, yet only one gets the blame or credit afterwards.

I remembering reading this a year or two ago and it encapsulates perfectly why QB wins is a useless and stupid stat that we really need to stop going to in arguments about which QB is better: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu ... nfl-305186
[/quote]
The highest paid player on any team is subject to the most intense scrutiny.