Kevin Glenn.....................still ringless!

Credit to Drew Edwards, as I stole his headline!

Glenn's playoff run this year (and last) is a summary of his career. Great and win one week, terrible and lose the next.

Glenn was under attack all night from the defense. He had happy feet all night and was trying the jump pass every once in a while. Calgary was still trying to establish a running game when it was painfully obvious they couldn't!

When Glenn threw the pick six, I knew it was over. He doesn't overcome things like that well and he rarely ever comes back from a deficit.

Glenn is a good journeyman QB. He's slightly above average who can help rebuild a team but can never get a team over the hump. In the 3 years he was in Hamilton, how many times during the season did we play Montreal or Winnipeg for 1st or 2nd place and we stunk out the joint?

There will be Glenn lovers who will make excuses for this guy but at the end of the day, he's not a big game QB.

I like Glenn as a QB but I don't love him. Burris is a huge upgrade over Glenn. When Burris was "off", he still was able to put up 20 points a game. If we had something resembling a defense this year, we could have been in the East final at the very least.

This is bang on accurate on every point you make. I like Kevin Glenn but there's always that doubt if he's going to show up and make plays or be completely stifled.

Although I would label this Grey Cup game as more of a team loss. Glenn was definitely jittery but Calgary took too many bad penalties, like the Larry Taylor TD that was nullified. Calgary's O-line was completely dominated and Cornish had nowhere to go. Their defense also couldn't contain Kackert or Ray.

He looked very ordinary ... even his teammates were turning on him.

I feel bad for the guy ... not a leader ... not a winner.

I was not a fan of Kevin Glenn during his stay in Hamilton. Doesn't have a strong arm, not very mobile and his age is becoming a factor.

However, let's be fair. The game wasn't entirely his fault. Calgary's O line did a poor job of pass protection and opened few, if any, holes for Cornish to run through. McDaniel for all his complaining dropped passes and shortly after his very visual tirade against Glenn tripped over his own feet trying to catch a pass.

The Stamps D line provided minimal pressure. On one play in particular, Suitor said that Ray had enough time for a coffee and then look around for a receiver. Even when they blitzed, it wasn't all that effective.

Only the field goal kicker, Larry Taylor and the secondary showed up for the Calgary Stampeders last night.

Old fan, you are so right. Glenn had a bad day but he got little help from the rest of the team. Had the 0-line and Cornish been able to establish a running game, it might've helped him find a groove. The penalties killed them too and Glenn didn't take any of them that I can recall. Add in a dropped pass and bad exchange here and there and there's plenty of blame to go around.

I bet he ends up in Winnipeg for 2013.

an Argo-Cat fan

"The penalties killed them too and Glenn didn't take any of them that I can recall. Add in a dropped pass and bad exchange here and there and there's plenty of blame to go around."

Barney, I completely missed those points. They certainly added to the misery. I heard one of the commentators mention at half time (I think it was Chris Schultz) that the Argos didn`t get one penalty in that time. He was amazed because this same team was so bad for it through the season.

I was cheering for Kevin during the game last night. I wanted him to get that ring for his many years in this league and for what he brought to Hamilton.

But, alas, his teammates weren`t up to the challenge..

I agree with the theory that Kevin Glenn was not up to the challenge last night, but neither was his offensive line.
For that matter, the idea of trying to run Cornish on nearly every first down was a bad one too. This should have
been obvious to the Stamps coaching staff much earlier on. At times, Kevin looked like a deer in head lights, and this continued until he got his offense moving a bit in the second half. Too little, too late!

Glenn is what we thought he was...a .500 quarterback. Not a leader and not a champion.

Earlier this week, the TSN panel was pondering whether Glenn was an elite QB.
My answer would be as i posted above.
He's not terrible, but he's not great. He's a .500 QB.

I'm thinking that he may be a good candidate for the job in Ottawa. They should sign an experienced CFL QB and then choose a potential young backup.

There is a video up on tsn.ca of the stamps being back home now. In the video, keon raymond comments that next year will be different because they will have their 'starting' QB back.

Tells you what the stamps think about Glenn.

I think this question has now been settled. There is no more need for arguments based on "could've, should've and would've." We have more than enough actual data. Unfortunately, KG is left with "didn't, hasn't" ... and in all likelihood, "won't."

Keon Raymond might have added that next year, they will try to avoid having penalties against Keon Raymond wipe out the most crucial kickoff return touchdown of the season.

Kevin glenn could have been picked off 5 times last night, if not for argo defender's butter fingers.
They also highlighted, how, glenn wouldnt settle his feet. Kept hoping around in the pocket, then threw into the dirt or into argo hands.

I said glenn would choke, just like always.

could it be possible that glenns persistant happy feet and bad throws, and probably bad reads as well, contributed a lot to DD continually trying to get something done with cornish??

Glenn better get ready for the shaft and lots of time shinning the pines, Cow-town is in love with "Our Man Tate" and Glenn is to good to be riding the pines. Maybe he can get a jog in Ottawa. But there a good chance Tate is injure prone like Buck and then Glenn has a steady job in Cow-town. :cowboy:

:lol: That's hilarious. Raymond is also banking on the fact that Tate won't get injured. But so far Tate seems to be on a similar path as Buck Pierce. Play a couple of good games and then go down with an injury. If Hufnagel thinks Glenn is expendable this off-season then he better hope that Bo Levi Mitchell is ready for prime time if Tate goes down. Hufnagel has some serious pondering to do in the next few months.

Or the porous pass-blocking.

:thup: :thup:

drummer_god wrote:

"Kevin glenn could have been picked off 5 times last night, if not for argo defender's butter fingers.
They also highlighted, how, glenn wouldnt settle his feet. Kept hoping around in the pocket, then threw into the dirt or into argo hands."

Unfortunately, with the oline in front of him and the poor job of protection they performed on his behalf, I could hardly fault Glenn. If I were him last night, I would have had itchy feet and would be trying to escape all that beef charging at me too. When you don't have time to throw to your receivers, there is not much left but to put it into the dirt or the sidelines.

While Kevin did struggle at times I had mentioned that it looked like he was playing with the Cats of 2011.
No O-line, no running game & penalties.
The T in team wasn't Tate. The T in team wasn't with Cgy yesterday. They would have won as a team, so they lost as a team.
It's that simple....and Kevin maybe the scape goat (who got them there) but it wasn't all on him. Had to be said.

:cowboy: