Kevin Glenn is now an Alouette

It looks like according to Gary Lawless that the Riders have officially traded Kevin Glenn to the Alouettes for a 5th round draft pick. This trade means that if Glenn is ready to go on Sunday that the Cats will be facing him back to back but with different teams. Interesting, very interesting indeed.

Here is the reaction on Twitter on this trade: http://www.thesnap.ca/twitter-reaction- ... alouettes/

TSN report on the trade here : http://www.tsn.ca/alouettes-acquire-kev ... s-1.376621

At least now we know that a win over Montreal is now a certainty. If Glenn couldn't move the ball against Hamilton with a top rated offence, how is going to be able to do it with a crappy one?

Hmm...could (emphasis on COULD) mean the difference between a crossover spot and no playoffs for the Als.
The clearest deficiency in the Als offence is at QB. Glenn may be enough to get them over that problem.
They have the receivers.
My only question now would be their O-line protecting Glenn.

bobo, I don't think that Glenn would learn the playbook fast enough to play for the Als this week.
But, desperate times, desperate measures!

P.S. When did TSN start covering the CFL? I thought that they gave up and are letting Sportsnet do that now. :wink:

It's like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. Well I hope that in the off-season the Als do the right thing and trade Kevin to the Eskimos......not that they'll probably need him....but it would complete the Glenn circuit of being the property of every single team in the league at least once in his career. It just shows how desperate that Jim Popp has become and how BAD the situation really is in Montreal and just how far this once model franchise has fallen in recent years. Trust me on this....KG won't I repeat WON'T make a lick of difference this season to the Alouette"s fortunes.....Like I said and I repeat...A band-aid on a gunshot wound....Nuff said.

The Als waited 3 weeks too long to make this trade. They are now desperate for a western playoff spot, but it could help them next season, as Cato, Marsh, Crompton and the others were just not getting it done with no signs of improving.

LOL!!!! Have you seen their offense ? Have you seen " Are you smarter than a 5th grader" How hard could it be to pick up an Offensive playbook that's akin to what you would see watching Pee Wee Football ? To put it another way it is truly a "Popp" Gun offense. :stuck_out_tongue: Pun totally intentional by the way. :lol: My guess is that come Sunday we will see KG playing "Chuck n Duck" under center for a second consecutive week with a second consecutive team. The Alouettes are like I said going nowhere this season anyway and trading for Glenn ain't going to make a lick of difference in the process.

Since when did the Rider offense become "top rated"?

you're such a joke.

you should be more afraid of losing.. not less.

Kindly desist with the personal insults. Disagree if you will with his opinion, to which he is entitled every bit as much as are you, but personal insults are against forum rules.

Yeah but I bet the Riders didn't want to trade him until they were for sure eliminated.

I'd argue that it's more overdue than that, going back to the offseason. It seemed to make more sense to have him as an insurance policy going into the season than a desperate gamble, we'll see if it's better late than never. If Glenn does manage to pick things up and gets the Als into the playoffs, however, too many people will credit Popp for being a genius and forget all the coaching and personnel mistakes he's made on the offensive side up to this point.

Is Glenn going to be with the Als next year for sure? I thought he signed a 1 yr deal which would make him a FA, no? If so he could still return to Montreal if they guarantee him the starter's job, but if he's limited to just a backup role there could be competition for him. In the past there was a knock on him that he didn't work with the other QBs very well, but he seemed to have matured in that role the way he helped with Brett Smith this year. Would be a good mentor for Cato IMO.

if he's starting this week, he dead..

Good for Kevin Glenn and a good fit in Montreal I'm sure that will work out. I think they waited a bit too long and should have signed him when he was a FA at BC, hover no time like the present.

How many QB's does Montreal have now? Crompton, Lefevour, Bridge, Boone, Cato, Marsh now Glenn, Wow like 7 QB's maybe we should watch out for who get's the boot next for a potential pick up in Hamilton, Bridge might be a good one for a Canadian QB?

GO CATS GO!!!

He didn't want to come to Montreal.

Certainly a better option than Boone, Marsh or Bridge for the next month anyway.

HfxTC- who didn't want to come to Montreal ?

Glenn. That's what he told Saskatchewan media about a month ago .

"If I wanted to be in Montreal, have would have signed with them last winter"

He signed an extension for next year with Montreal. So Popp is basically telling him. Play well over the next month and we'll bring you in as our QB next spring.

Glenn. That's what he told Saskatchewan media about a month ago .

"If I wanted to be in Montreal, have would have signed with them last winter"

He signed an extension for next year with Montreal. So Popp is basically telling him. Play well over the next month and we'll bring you in as our QB next spring.

Thanks ,I didn't know that.

This is really a different scenario for Glenn. Usually the starting quarterback get injured after Glenn arrives.

Lol...That's true. Each guy must now be waiting for a piano to fall on his head.