Kevin Elliot now a Ti-Cat

Drew Edwards has posted on his site that Kevin Elliot has come to terms with the Cats.
Great signing..with Chad gone for the season. :thup:

Nice to have some height and weight at receiver. Play him at WR and move Fantuz into SB? Or maybe put him at SB and Fantuz goes back to WR and Watt stays out at Z wide out? Can't see Toliver going anywhere but his WR slot.

Would have preferred Gurley, but Elliott has to be an improvement to our receivers, if only because of his size.

Only 300 yards over 8 games and longest of 31yards. I don't expect too much out of him as a WR. Why aren't all the others we've recently signed given a chance? Why even sign them?
Of course signing Elliot doesn't necessarily means he's starting.
Does he have speed?

Elliott was the least problematic of those 3 receivers, attitude-wise. The other 2 made no bones about yapping on the bench. Elliott may be a notch less effective, but it might be a good trade-off if he's not causing locker room issues.

He's also got some experience on special teams and can tackle.... a useful skill for a player to have.... puts him a notch above some we currently have on the field.

I guess you haven’t watched any Tiger-Cats games over the past 3 years. Fantuz has ALWAYS played SB (aside from being the holder on FG attempts and the on-side kickoff last game).

Tolliver WR, Fantuz SB, Tasker SB, Elliott SB, Watt WR. It doesn’t get any simpler than this. Really, your post makes me think you can’t football…

Ouch! :oops:

A bit harsh don’t you think? :roll:

Be happy…Blue Jays up 5 - 0 after 3 :rockin:

Yeah, I’d say harsh for sure considering that Fantuz has not “ALWAYS” played SB." He lined up, most often, as a wideout during the final two 2015 regular season games and the Eastern Semi-Final loss at Ottawa

Ya I would say...out of line..period.
And that is very right...Fantuz has not always been in the Slot.
Elliot was the best choice out of the 3 to fit into the Cats.
The other 2 are Drama Queens "at least" from what I have read on other postings on the net.
So he should be a good fit...
Here's hoping. :thup:

My apologies if people found my post too harsh. I just get tired of comments (especially by members that know better) about: switching our best offensive player (for now) to a position that doesn't suit him, restructuring the entire team so their favourite National player can fit into the starting lineup without regard to the ratio, blaming literally EVERYTHING on Kent Austin (when about 18 projected starters are on the injury list), complaining that the team "overspent" on players like Laurent and Banks, lack of a running game when our starting and backup RB are injured, etc.

I know that things aren't all "sunshine and happiness" with the team right now, and I have criticized them over some of the more egregious things. I just don't dwell on them like a Labrador Retriever on a beef bone...

Kevin ElliottVerified account ?@CatchinMyDreams 3m3 minutes ago
Loving The Dark Side Already #Ticats

Welcome to Hamilton, Kevin. Here's hoping you have a very successful career here, starting this season!

For those that found DCF’s post rude… all I can say is you’re all a bunch of overly sensitive people.

If you find that offensive, then I suggest you never leave your house, use the internet, or watch TV.

IMO he could have been far more rude, and would have still been reasonable. There is enough ignorance in the world already, and people like me and DCF need to call people out on stuff like that - if for no other reason than to encourage people to think before they speak/type. Too many pass off ignorance and delusion as fact. Enough already…

It’s actually not your job to call people out.

New members need to be encouraged to stick around and keep this forum going. Palmer just joined - why be rude to him?

In fact, why be rude to anyone? Is civility not a virtue?

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

Been tied up and not on line. No problems here, I just didn't phrase my comments very well. Just trying to suggest some different formations to make use of Fantuz's catching abilities, and Elliott's height and speed. I do know that Andy is a SB, and that he plays, with shall we say, 'deceptive' speed. But, as was pointed out, he has lined up at WR on occassion.

Sort of like subbing in Masoli for a play or a series. Makes the opposition DC take notice.

No problem with DCF, good to have some passion in the fan base?

Your threshold for what is “rude” is higher than most people’s.

My apologies if people found my post too harsh. I just get tired of comments (especially by members that know better) about: switching our best offensive player (for now) to a position that doesn't suit him, restructuring the entire team so their favourite National player can fit into the starting lineup without regard to the ratio, blaming literally EVERYTHING on Kent Austin (when about 18 projected starters are on the injury list), complaining that the team "overspent" on players like Laurent and Banks, lack of a running game when our starting and backup RB are injured, etc.

I know that things aren’t all “sunshine and happiness” with the team right now, and I have criticized them over some of the more egregious things. I just don’t dwell on them like a Labrador Retriever on a beef bone…

The ticats salary cap mistakes are covered in another post You should state your opinion there no matter how misguided

I agree with you, ExPat.

Still no official announcement anywhere of Elliott actually signing a contract with the Cats. No press release , no nothing it seems except Elliott announcing it and tweeting it on his account. If you look at his twitter it has all kinds of references to him becoming a Ti-Cat but still no official word as of yet from the organization or on the team's home page. Wonder what's the hold up about finalising this transaction ?

Here is the latest from Elliott :

Kevin Elliott @ catchinMyDreams - 12
! Back to work tomorrow !
#TiCats #Road To The Grey Cup

Kevin Elliott twitter account : https://twitter.com/CatchinMyDreams?ref ... r%5Eauthor