Kevin Eiben signs with Cats

David Naylor Tweets
Kevin Eiben changes Twitter picture to himself in front of Ticat logo. Tweets announcement coming tomorrow. Sounds like a trip down the QEW.

Wow, he's a good one!!

He's got game, and he smells GC! :rockin:

Great acquisition, betterr than the Peach and O'Neill signings. Not too often you get to sign a Canadian linebacker of Eiben's caliber to be a back-up. Gives us more depth and a great special teamer to go with Beswick, Hood and Carter.

It's like they are trying to hurt me lol

Tina - take a deep breath and remind yourself, “Eiben is not doing an O’Shea. Eiben is not doing an O’Shea.”

He’s a damaged individual with many issues who is coming to a place of light and care that will help him become a productive individual who contributes to the world."

So it is now official! Kevin Eiben is a ticat..

[url]http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-sign-three-more-free-agents-eiben-peach-oneill[/url]

"Tina - take a deep breath and remind yourself, "Eiben is not doing an O'Shea. Eiben is not doing an O'Shea."

He's a damaged individual with many issues who is coming to a place of light and care that will help him become a productive individual who contributes to the world."

Mark, is this a mantra that we should all be repeating....I feel a group hug and a round kumbaya coming on....

That’s right. Technically, it’s a “reverse O’Shea” :lol:

In 1996 O'Shea turned down a team that wanted to build their defence around him, in favour of going (halfway through the season) to the team that had the best chance of winning the Grey Cup that year (and would have won with or without him, frankly, thanks to the Flutie Factor).

Eiben was foresaken by his old team, and therefore showed no disloyalty in signing elsewhere. Hopefully he arrives with a chip on his shoulder and a healthy dislike of the Argos.

Welcome Kevin! Looking forward to seeing smash some Arg#}~ players and bring more victories to Tigertown!!!!!!

Congrats to Obie and the Ticats for their signings this year. Fantuz, Burris, Mallett, Peach and now Kevin Eiben. I think something that can't be overlooked with Eiben is how high he is regarded by kicker Justin Medlock who called him the best holder he has ever had.
Tim O'Neil is an ok signing if not a top line player, but good depth at Guard and Center. Taylor Robertson is still out there and would be a fit at right guard in place of Rottier.
The Argo/Ticat game are going to interesting this year.

After this, I'm wondering if we'll see a 3-4 defence this year, although I am a bit iffy on if Eiben is still good enough to be a solid starter.

Eiben is a useful pickup but he's not the player he was 4-5 years ago. If he accepts something less than full-time playing status with the Cats, he's an excellent veteran signing. A real team player by all accounts but more of a depth guy at this stage of his career. Used wisely, Eiben can still be very productive.

An Argo-Cat fan

Totally correct, Barney. There’s no way Eiben plays first string in a 4/3 defence when the Cats have Knowlton, Johnson, and Williams. The only way he could start would be if Creehan decides on a 3/4 defence, which I don’t really see happening.

That’s a good way to look at it, but he was one of them for 11 years and I grew to hate him so much lol.

At least it wasn’t Aaron Hunt. :lol: (see that’s me looking on the bright side)