Kevin Eakin Playing on NFL Network Now

Interesting trivia: Calvillo holds the Tiger-Cat record for most passing yards in a game. He broke Joe Zuger’s record, passing for 542 yards in 1996.

So, he’s done something.

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/10127050

This article leads me to believe that Eakin is the 2nd stringer, and only came in the game when his team was up huge.

Are you talking about Kevin Eakin???

Working on getting another thread locked? :roll:

Give it up. If people have an interest in a former player and you aren’t interested…then stay out of it thank you.

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/10127050

This article leads me to believe that Eakin is the 2nd stringer, and only came in the game when his team was up huge.

AHHHH thanks for that…but Boxer pointed out in an earlier post what Kevin had done. Zontar had followed that Kevin was on the bench.

My point was that he had to have been playing!

I’m sure Kevin will see more time and have better results than what he had here in Hamilton.
I wish him well!

i thought someone from the Ticats said Eakin could be back in camp if He wanted to be here. any chance of that happening? he did show potential in 2005, and i would like to see what he does in C.T,s system

Play nice folks... don't make work for me, please.

Obviously I meant he’s “on the bench” in the larger sense as he is #2 on the roster.
Literally speaking backups are not always on the bench. With occaisonal play they are up, walking around with clipboards, headsets etc. pointing things out to the starting QB.

Watched the game yesterday and Kevin came in at the start of the second quarter with the score tied at 7. they were down 14 to 7 when he tossed a 60 yard td to tie it up. Not sure why any ticat fan would trash Kevin or any other player that was on last years squad. A team that had no coach or leadership in general was just a ship adrift at sea. Its sad that all those guys had to endure that travesty. Anyway heres hoping for a great year for the ticats!

And then they pulled Eakin and put the starter back in? Does that mean Frankfurt will be going with a 2 QB system the whole year?

I’m actually curious here, not trying to stir anything up.

Eakin must have been a really nice guy to talk to after the game.

Wow. Nothing like a Kevin Eakin update to keep the guys that could not care less about former Ticats glued to their keyboards on a gloomy Sunday.

I did not know that. In all my years following the Cats, his final year here was unquestionably the low point. Not all his fault, of course, but apart from a cannon of an arm that very occassionally found it’s mark 50 yards downfield, he showed nothing that would lead you to think he would become a starter somewhere else, much less one of the best in league history.

And then they pulled Eakin and put the starter back in? Does that mean Frankfurt will be going with a 2 QB system the whole year?

I'm actually curious here, not trying to stir anything up.

andkon; being that the NFLE is a developmental league, for the most part every player gets some playing time. Eakin obviously proved himself last time he was there so will continue to play. Being O'Sullivan has NFL playing expeirence he will continue to start ahead of him Im sure.

Makes sense.

With ALL due RESPECT section-dude ...

The FIRST time I ever watched AC play for the Las Vegas Posse ... he caught MY EYE for TALENT.

I'm not going to SUGGEST I KNEW he would go on to have the CAREER he did, but the POINT I want to make here is ...

IF you KNOW what you are LOOKING for when EVALUATING TALENT then it becomes EASY to SPOT those who "have the right stuff" and set them apart from the rest.

Along these lines ... Kevin Eakin, MOST DEFINITELY has "the right stuff" ...

The FACT that he had enough CONFIDENCE in himself to ASK for his RELEASE from the Tiger Cat Organization - speaks to this TALENT.

The FACT that he was IMMEDIATELY SIGNED by an NFL team (and then sent overseas to the DEVELOPMENTAL League) - speaks VOLUMES more for that TALENT he possesses.

The FACT that SOME in this Forum REMAIN OBTUSE about these FACTS - speaks volumes about their ABILITY (or lack of) to spot TALENT. And MUCH LESS about Kevin Eakin himself.

As they say with most ART - "People either GET IT, or they DON'T" ... Clearly, there are a FEW on this board that DON'T GET the ART of Talent Evaluation.

Peace.

P.S - This is one DEAD HORSE I will ENJOY BEATING until the day Eakin RETIRES from his football CAREER.

P.P.S - Did ANYBODY think I could RESIST posting in this thread ?

Andy from "Shawshank" would love the use of the word OBTUSE. Well done Meanstreak.
Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7 )

If Eakin had someone to throw to and a line that could block and a coach who had a playbook thicker then 3 pages he'd still be here. I'm not surprised at all he's having success over seas and if Maas was smart he'd ask for his release also, cause once again he will have no one to throw to and no line and a bunch of fans behind him who fail to realize football is a team sport.

i ve tried to stay out of the eakin discussion on many occasions but i cant help to wonder why so many haters? i think some misguided posters are letting their personal feelings toward some of eakins supporters blind them about the kids ability. if your calling the guy crap your completely ignorant to the game of football and disrespecting every kid that doesnt "start" in the cfl.

AC looked better in LV than he did toward the end of his time here. That final season here he was banged up and looked demoralized. He had that rifle but looked like a guy who’s heart wasn’t in it.

That season I had moved from my long-time home in section 8 to a front row seat in the south stands. I was so traumatized seeing AC beaten senseless game after game, and the sheer ineptitude of the backups when he went down, that I couldn’t wait to move back across the field and up the stairs the following season.

We’ll see if you’re right about Eakin. He seemed to have a lot of the right attributes but didn’t show much when he had the opportunity here. On a very bad team like AC in '97, so who knows what he’s capable of.