Kerry Joseph

CJAD website reporting Als possibly negotiating with Kerry Joseph. God I hope not! He`s long past his expiration date. Unless it is only to backup Leak until McPherson is ready.

What !?

Three years grooming QB's and they are going to shaft them over. This better be a plot by Joseph's agent.

I really hope that report is inaccurate; if AC is out for any length of time, I'd hate to see Joseph brought in, I'm actually quite eager for Leak and Santos to get an opportunity to show us what they can do. They may (or may not) represent the future for us. . . Joseph certainly does not. He'd be a temporary stopgap solution at best, and I don't think that serves the long term development of the Alouettes at all.

Looking at the CJAD report, however, I find it significant that the report does NOT indicate that the Als have approached KJ or have any interest in him. . . all that is reported is that KJ's agent is contacting the Als.

I hope they say 'thanks but no thanks."

No way T & M are dumb enough to hose their in-house talent by bringing in a broken-down, washed-up Joseph. IF he becomes an Al, my feeling is that he will be the third-stringer if McPherson is out and the fourth-stringer if McPherson is healthy. He is NOT going to displace Adrian, Chris, or even Santos, not now, not ever.

I have faith in our coaches.

Oh please GOD no!!!!

Wow, twice in the same day and I’m in agreement with senior. . .

Oh well, I would expect that ALL Alouette fans agree with this particular sentiment. . .

To Kerry's defence nobody played well on that garbage coached Toronto team. But, I would give my 3 young studs a shot before bringing in a 37 yr old qb who hasnt't played in over a year. Unless your trading or releasing one and putting another on the practice roster and Kerry could become a 3rd stringer.

I dont think this is about making Kerry Joseph the QB of the future. This is about covering themselves in an emergency situation for the next game or so with both A.C. and McPherson out. You need to dress 3 QBs, unless youre Tor. last year.
I assume theyll start Leak against B.C., but lets say he goes down. I frankly would then rather give the keys to Joseph than Santos at this particular time with 1st place on the line.
Hey it could be worse - Michael Bishop or Damon Allen!

If he goes down you use Santos, no big deal and if they need a third stringer that badly for two games dress Brouillette as the third stringer. To me if the Als sign Joseph they are broadcasting to the league that Calvillo is out for a long time.

Joseph has 0 familiarity with our offense, which isn't exactly a cinch for players to learn. To me, he takes the field only if every other QB we have is injured.

Si je me souviens bien les commentaires de Trestman après la partie contre Winnipeg, il a dit que Leak avait bien fait en général. Je sais que Trestman ne critique jamais ses joueurs en public, mais il n'est pas du genre à se peinturer dans le coin non plus. Il devrait donc continuer avec Leak et Santos, jusqu'à ce que Calbillo ou McPherson revienne. En attendant, ça prend un 3ième quart-arrière sur la ligne de côté. C'est pourquoi je crois que si les Alouettes voulaient parler à Joseph, ce serait pour être le 3ième quart-arrière, derrière Leak et Santos. Brouillette n'est pas dans les plans des Alouettes comme quart-arrière et il joue à la défensive. Il aurait plus de difficulté à s'adapter au livre de jeux des Alouettes que Joseph qui a tout de même beaucoup d'expérience dans la LCF. Et comme Joseph n'est plus dans les plans de personne (jusqu'à ce que tous les quarts de BC soient sur le carreau comme l'an dernier), les Alouettes ne se feraient pas trop mal en leur ouvrant leur livre de jeux. Si c'est ce rôle qu'ils voudraient donner à Joseph, alors je verrais d'un bon oeil qu'il se joigne à l'équipe. Mais est-ce que Joseph voudrait signer un contrat avec les Alouettes pour ne pas jouer, alors qu'il aura peut-être d'ici 3 ou 4 semaines la chance de se faire massacrer pour BC?

|Plusieurs choses a considerer…

Ca ressemble plus a une faveur a l’agent de Joseph qu’autre chose. Ca me fait penser quand Popp est alle signer Maas pour absolument rien alors que Brady avait fait mieux et puis les Alouettes on finit $107 000.00 au dessus du plafond salarial.

Joseph a cinq ans d’experience dans la LCF, donc il doit recevoir son plein salaire pour une demis saison que les Als le libere ou non.

Je vois vraiment rien de bon dans cette idee. J’aime bien Joseph en tant qu’individue mais la logique est que si les Als signe Joseph c’est qu’ Anthony en a pour au moins six matchs sur la liste des blesses et qu’il est meme possible qu’on place AC sur la liste des neufs semaines et qu’on le ramene lorsqu’il sera pret. C’est 150k a 200k (tout dependand de la duree de convalecence) CAP que les Als peuvent reinvestir. Je crois que ca va tout s’eclaircir avant le prochain match selon la vitesse a laquelle Calvillo prend du mieux.

Richard Veilleux est pas mal bon avec les chiffres peux etre qu’il voit ce qui se trame ?

Tout à fait d'accord là-dessus.

En même temps, il nous faut un 3ième homme si ni Calvillo ni McPherson ne peuvent être de retour pour la partie contre les Lions.

C'est ca que je comprend pas. Pour UN match tu signe pas un gars que tu va devoir payer pour un minimum de neuf matchs ??? Jamais je croirai que Joseph va accepter de signer un contrat de deux ans au salaire minimum... C'est le meme gars qui a refuse l'offre de 275k des Riders.

If you want a third-stringer until McPherson is healthy, bring some college cut up here for a few weeks. His contract won't be guaranteed and he'll probably be happy to be on a pro football team. Or else flip a draft pick to Calgary to get Cody Pickett back. At least he's somewhat acquainted with our playbook from training camp.

Honestly, folks, this is a complex offense that requires time and patience to learn. Joseph doesn't have any familiarity with what we do and would have a huge challenge ahead of him just to become competent in our offense. Of any position on offense, quarterback has the steepest learning curve and isn't something that can be picked up midseason, particularly when you're an aging, broken-down player who hasn't even played CFL ball in nearly a year. I see no value to Joseph coming here, only a cash drain / cap hit because his salary would be guaranteed as a five-year vet.

À bien y penser, si McPherson est retiré de la liste des blessés pour 9 parties (ce qui est permis) même s’il n’est pas prêt pour un retour au jeu, on aurait Leak, Santos et McPherson.

Alors pourquoi chercher un autre quart-arrière?

C’est une baloune de l’agent de Joseph.

Wow, twice in the same day and I'm in agreement with senior. . .
Bite me!

Agree with that.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Again according to CJAD website, the team is showing no interest in Kerry Joseph, hope to have McPherson ready after the B.C.game, and if not would turn to Cody Pickett.
Which begs the question who do they use as a 3rd QB if necessary against B.C. Do they teach Brouillette a basic package just in case?

Got a link because I don't see it on the CJAD webpage. . . ?

I like that they're showing no interest in Joseph. . . but Pickett ?? He's under contract to Calgary so how in the world could the Als turn to him ??

Here is the link:

http://www.cjad.com/node/513010

As for Pickett, Calg. released him a few weeks ago when they signed a QB from Penn State, Hufnagel`s alma mater.