Kerry Joseph

KJ needs to get out of the pocket more. Run around, thats when he's most effective, he su-cks when he just sits in the pocket and throws.

Also, did he work on his accuracy more during the off-season? Because he seemed a little more accurate then he was last season.

Thoughts on his performance?

Its kind of hard to judge him just on one game where he under proformed badly. But I know I hated the play calling while he was in the game and seemed like Bishop got all the plays that Kerry would have excelled on.

Overall I was dissapointed that it toke a Even Up ref call and the refs failing to move the ball after a penalty for us to win. Hopefully next week our offense looks alot better!

Joseph sucks!!! Reminds me of Rob Johnson all over again! For those of us that followed Flutie to Buffalo,remember RJ well.

Joseph = Rob Johnson

Michael Bishop has done everything we asked of him, need I remind you all that we never won a game last year when Bishop was not at QB. He should have been the starter going in to game 1, meaning he should have had the most reps going in to the game as well.

I do not think Joseph should even have been brought in. OK he was that`s fine, then he needed to win the starting job. Joseph did nothing in camp or in pre season that warranted him bumping Bishop. In fact you cant evaluate players in pre season anyway to that extent.

The management wants Joseph as the starter! Rich I bet feels it is unfair to unseat Mike without a true competition.

Last night Mike was not sacked once! Joseph looked like Rob Johnson, thrown around like a rag doll.

I am afraid the powers that be in Argo Land are not to sharp, they are certainly not loyal, thats for sure! Its just bad business what they have done to Bishop, not to mention prefontain.

THE NERVE OF JOSEPH, BEING ANNOYED THAT BISHOP PLAYED AT ALL LAST NIGHT? I AM GOING TO START HATING JOSEPH NOW BEFORE THE RUSH.

Joseph didn't play the greatest game. Either did Glenn. However, give both QBs a break, both Toronto and Winnipeg have top 3 rated D in the CFL. Just wait until Joseph goes up against Defences such as Hamilton, Montreal, Edmonton and Saskatchewan. He's gonna pick them apart. Glenn too.

Exactly, Joseph and Bishop both are more effective when they roll out and put pressure on the defense to come up and guard against the run.
But, I think it is Buratto who decides what and when they do it.
I guess they can't roll out every play but I would like to see it more often, especially early in the game, to get the defense a little run down.

Joseph vs Johnson? Joseph has a Grey Cup ring and a whole lot more class than Johnson. I still remember Rob Johnson's comments after losing to the Titans in the Music City Miracle, "....We were winning when I left the game."

That being said, Bishop had the better game of the two last night.

dont take argofanone's comments too seriously...the guy LOVES bishop and will hate on anyone taking snaps for the double blue named otherwise.

Definetly seems to have a "man crush" on him, which is alright if he's your fav player but can't let it cloud your judgement. I like Bish too, but he could have easily had 3 picks last game and we would be talking about the same old Bishop. First game, on the road, Peg's defence, and too still come away with a W is all you really want. Home opener should give us more insight.

I think the Argos are really going to to miss Glenn January who went to Regina in the Joseph trade at the tackle position.

dont take argofanone's comments too seriously...the guy LOVES bishop and will hate on anyone taking snaps for the double blue named otherwise....................

That`s probably accurate.

story on Joseph

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2008/07/02/stubler_lefko/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... ler_lefko/[/url]

Care to elaborate a bit on this comment?
Altho I did se some picking apart, just not from the Argos

Joseph is a Class A qb. Where did all the backlash come from? I hate to say it but i think this is a case of not having a team around the qb. Maybe when Boston and Johnson get healthy it'll turn around? I'm surprised. I thought the Argos offense would be alot better. The defense is strong but they're gonna get tired out there if the offense can't move the ball or maintain possession.

One glaring weakness with this team is no running game at all. Joseph is the best running game you have in TO. I think the Argos should quit running around after has-been NFLers and pick up some solid young talent in the back field.

Excellent point! meanwhile Bish waits for his turn.

Backlash against Joseph??? You gotta be kidding, everybody is apologising for him, blaming the oline and this and that. As far as a backlash, there is not even a handful of us that I can find.

I agree with your point that washed up NFLers are not what we need. Only thing is the same people bringing in washed up NFL`ers are the same people that brought in Joseph, demoted Bish and traded away Prefontain.

All we need is Bishop, period! I for 1 was very happy with last years team. Aside from the 6 games Bish missed it was a good season. Yes we lost in the final, but that`s football.

I find it funny that the majority here say Bishop had nothing to do with the 11 win season, but the loss in the playoffs was all his fault...what a JOKE!!!

There's no protection right now. The O line looks brutal! :?

Looked just fine when Bishop was in. He was not sacked or knocked down and managed to throw the only Argo TD pass of the season!! He also did not fumble as did the premadona

Jeepers budy. Tone it down a bit. You really remind me off all those Flutie fanatics (which you were) that would cloud all the facts when the Bills would barely win, giving the whole credit to him. Heck, do you even like the Bills now? Will you even cheer for the Argos when Bishop leaves?

The Argos are who I cheer for, whoever their QB is. Your making me and I'm sure many others a little sick of the "Bishop is God" attitude. The same thing that turned so many people/bills fans off Flutie.

Did you even watch Bish last year? Sure they won, but it was all defence. Offence was terrible, we could barely score 20 points, including the East final when we needed Bish the most and HE blew it and admitted it. If he is such a great QB, why is it that he's always been a journeyman and never the starter? He even put up great numbers in arena ball as the BACKUP. Bish has had many chances to take the Argos job and last year he really blew it, again.

I like both our QB's, but it's the Argos not the Toronto Bishop's. If you want to bash our QB and talk about arrogant, premadona type whinners, then your hero Flutie fits the bill much, much better than Joseph. I never thought I'd see the day of Bishop fanatics, LOL. Unlike Doug, he truly has accomplished nothing.

So than Bishop is a joke, because he called himself out and blammed the loss on his poor play, (see TV show Off The Record). He was a man to stand up and admit his failure, but when he says the East Final was his fault, I don't see the problem arguing his point, after all he played in the game, we didn't!

I find it funny that the majority here say Bishop had nothing to do with the 11 win season, but the loss in the playoffs was all his fault...what a JOKE!!!
[/quote]
So than Bishop is a joke, because he called himself out and blammed the loss on his poor play, (see TV show Off The Record). He was a man to stand up and admit his failure, but when he says the East Final was his fault, I don't see the problem arguing his point, after all he played in the game, we didn't!
[/quote]
Well apparently you did not see the sequal, he now feels after some thought that he was the scapegoat.

I did not see the off the record you are refering to , but I challenge that he said the loss was entirely his fault.

Now if he actually said that, he was mistaken. You know very well that it was not his fault so ###### YOU