Kerry Joseph back to Riderville in '09???

If Toronto wants Bishop back I would have no problem trading Bishop straight up for Joseph. I mean Toronto's defense allowed nearly 35 points a game; you aren't going to win too many games allowing that many points to be scored on you.

I would like to see Kerry Joseph back in saskatchewan, buti don't think it will happen

We would actually allow him to run.Toronto's biggest issue is that they tried to make him a pocket QB. Not a good idea lol...

Im not saying we should go after him, because I really like Durant, but I would definitely trade Bishop for him...

Kerry Joseph won't be back in Rider Green and neither will Bishop. I think Bishop might have trouble being backup in the CFL next year. The Riders have 3 young QB's - 2 of which gained some valuable experience this season - ready to play. Durant was quoted in the Leader Post this morning as saying he wants to stay a Rider.

Well you’re entitled to your opinion … although I’ll question your entitlement to use “then” when you should use “than” (sorry, but that mistake is all too common these days, and to me it’s like running your fingernails down the chalkboard).

But anyway, for my money, I don’t think at 32 Bishop has any “upside” at all. The guy’s an interception machine, that was his problem in Toronto, and it was his problem this season (and not just one game) in Saskatchewan. If he was 21 maybe there’d be an upside, in that good coaching might cure him of that problem, but at 32 my guess is there is no more development that can take place, and what you see is what you get…an interception machine. The guy’s got a cannon for an arm, I grant you that, but if he can’t read a defence, what good is it?

I think RedWhite 2005 is close. KJ I think stands a good chance at becoming a Bomber - his salary and Glenn's are basically a wash, and they could use a vet for a year or two until they figure out if their 3rd string kid can play. Dinwiddie should be done, he has no arm. Sask. is in a little different position in that they probably have 2 QB's farther along than Winnipeg, and they are more looking (I would think) to a veteran #2 to mentor the kids and play in a pinch than a veteran starter. And no, not Crandell.

Toronto has a jones for ex-nflers and Printers, for all else he may lack, is that. Plus, they would have just off-loaded a ton of KJ salary, and could afford to take him on. Sask. wants a QB in the $150k-200k range, and Printers probably ain't that, despite his awful year this season.

If the above 2 things happen, it wouldn't be so bad to have Glenn in Riderville as a #2, at a drastically reduced salary, of course. I can't see anyone paying him $300K+ anymore. Let Durant come in as the expected starter, with a veteran backup in Glenn, and Jyles and Bell can duke it out for the #3 spot. If this Bell's a player, get him on the roster, teach him to hold on kicks and coach him up for a year or two.

If they decided to bring KJ back, I'd be fine with that. But I doubt that is in the cards. Same with Kevin Glenn. Personally, I think both those guys will likely continue in their role as starters on their respective teams. Both guys has so so years, but they are good QBs and have leadership qualities that are quite valuable. a lot will depend on the coaching staff, but one doesn't usually discard a QB based on a few lousy games. Kevin Glenn isn't 30 yet and so his best years are ahead of him. KJ suffered in a lousy situation where the coach handled the QBs poorly at the outset, and then the defence was awful. When you are constantly starting in your own end and always behind, few QBs excel in that situation. Anyway, I am happy is we go to camp next year with the QBs we have now. And that is the most likely scenario. But anything can happen.