Kenton Keith signs with NFL team

Even though losing KK will be a loss, that means its time for another back to step up to the challenge. Bracey is a good back and he could be more than an adequate replacement. Maybe Austin will finally use Szarka properly and it wouldnt hurt to give Neal Hughes a look at RB. The loss of Keith may not be a huge as some have suggested.

What in the hell is your problem? :roll:

....hmmm, Edmonton has a plethora of running backs, is there anyone in the Saskatchewan locker room that might be of help to the shmoes?....

You just dont replace a talent like KK, he single handedly won you guys the WSF last year, along with Hank.

I like Bracey, and Dorsey has some potential.
The Riders aren't interested in any of Edmonton's "plethora" of backs...at least we aren't likely to trade for any of them, if that was the implication.

But KK was a special talent, on par with Roberts, and Reynolds. Potentially better than either.
I hope he latches on with the Colts and has an opportunity to play.
As a third down back with Manning to toss him the ball, he can make even NFLers miss in space...

Good luck KK. Gonna miss you!

Don't worry Riders he'll be back.

He defiantely wont be a 3rd down back. The colts have Joseph Addai, who has a bright future ahead of him and Dominic Rhodes. Tony Dyngy himself has said that Rhodes is just as good as Edgerrin James in his opinion. AT BEST, KK will be on special teams…

Of course by 3rd down back I mean 3rd and long, not 3rd and short.
Basically that means I concede he will have zero chance of beating out Addai, and likely will be a 3rd string/situation player.
But if Dominic Rhodes is as good as Edgerrin James, he better get a move on.
6 years into the league and his career totals are on par with Edgerrin's best single year....
KK will cost considerably less than a Dominic Rhodes, (and is younger) and that often is the deciding factor(s) in the NFL

With what i said about Dominic Rhodes, I'm just telling you what i heard, doesnt mean i agree with it! lol

As I didn’t actually know who Dominic Rhodes was, I had to look him up…
He had a decent rookie year with 1000+, and was productive this year with 600 yards, but in the 4 years between, he has gotten less than 200 yards a year.
His career is closer to being over than starting and he is a dime a dozen back–based on the numbers.
Edjerrin James has over 10000 yards and 7 years over 1000, and if he has 3 or 4 more productive years, he will go to the hall of fame.
If Dungy ever said “Rhodes is as good as James” it was just typical rhetoric–talk about players potential, deny losing James to injury (Rhodes rookie year) will hurt the team…that type of thing.
But if you compare actual results, Rhodes is no Edjerin James.

And as after 6 years in the league, his minimum salary must exceed $1,000,000 and KK likely signed for less than half that, plus is a year younger…
What it comes down to is, KK will be competing with a 23 year old kid named DeDe Dorsey or if the Colts draft any RBs.
Rhodes had a good year, so they will keep a vet if they have the cap room.
But if they need to free up a few hundred thou, say goodnight Mr. Rhodes, hello KK and DeDe!

Or to sum up–KK has a legitimate chance to make that team…

Or to sum up--KK has a legitimate chance to make that team....

Yep......

O i have no doubt he has a chance (to make it). But I guess im just saying that im not gonna worry about it until he does for sure make it. And Tongy Dungy said that about Rhodes after last season when he knew Edge was gone with the wind...