Here are the reasons I am starting to wonder about Kent Austin :
Not to be taken neagatively; Just my observatons . I hope I an proven wrong.
Just wanted to open up discussion on these curious moves .
- The hamdling of the Chris Williams situation. Have we ever had this situation with a player before ?
- Release of Rey Willians with no real Middle Linebacker replacement . i know Simoni Lawrence was trade for but he has very little experience
- Release of proven backup Quinton Porter with no real replacement .
- Signing Free Agent Deon Beasley to improve our very weak secondary only to release him before training camp.
- Signing of linebacker Mercellus Bowman who happens to play the exact same spot as fan favorite and beast Jamal Johnson . There is not room for both of them on his team.
6 Signing of FREE AGENTS Non Import DT Brian Bulcke and Non Import DE Shomari Williams . This team needs Import pass rushers which they do not have and these Free Agent signings were likely for starter type dollars . i can't see it making sense for us to start 2 non imports on the Dline and hav eit improve our non existant pass rush.
7 With the quite possible absence of Chris Williams , we have not went out and obtained a game breaker type replacement and also haev not obtained a kick returner .
8 Picking Lynden Gaudash first overal to only have him sign an NFL contract shortly after . Could he not have had prior knowledge of NFL interest ? If so , he would have been better off taking one fo the 2 Mac guys.
9 . No real import Defensive Eend that can rush the pasher has been brought in