Kent Austin Extended 4 more years

HAMILTON TIGER-CATS SIGN AUSTIN TO CONTRACT EXTENSION

[b]The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Tuesday that Vice-President of Football Operations, General Manager and Head Coach Kent Austin has been signed to a contract extension. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

“Kent Austin has done an outstanding job in every way since he joined the organization. He’s one of the brightest minds in professional football and we’re thrilled that he has made such a serious commitment to the Tiger-Cats, the City of Hamilton and our incredible fans,? said Scott Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer of the Tiger-Cats. “Coach Austin has assembled a tremendous group of coaches, personnel staff and players, and while the results thus far speak for themselves, we all feel very strongly that the best is yet to come. This is a great day for everybody associated with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.?[/b]

FROM KENT AUSTIN
“I’m very grateful to Bob Young, Scott Mitchell and our entire organization for this extension and believing in our vision for this team,? said Austin in a press release. “A great foundation has been built the past few seasons, and we’ll continue to develop our program to ensure the opportunity for not only short-term but sustained success. Simply put, it’s easy to wake up excited every day when you work with such tremendous individuals who share the common goal of just being the best.?

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 9m9 minutes ago
Austin was in last year of his contract so getting him signed to 4-yr extension gives #Ticats stability at most important position: boss.

CFL News ?@CFL_News 1m1 minute ago
.@garylawless has learned that Austin turned down some NFL position coaching jobs and plenty of offers at NCAA level. #CFL #Ticats

Huge.
Regardless of the naysayers here, hes provided the most stability since Ron Lancaster. He's created a culture, players want to play here, and most importantly he's kept the coaching staff together.
Don't take him for granted. Its no coincidence that success/stability go hand in hand with Kent being here.

What great news this cold winters day. the coach whats to stay a TCat. :smiley:

I agree. He's given the team stability and a very good culture.

There will come a time when he will probably decide to pass on the HC duties, but I suspect he wants to win a Cup as head coach in Hamilton first. All power to him. If Orlondo Steinauer is still with us when that time comes and can take over the coaching helm, that would be even better.

It's to believe there are naysayers on here, but this year, I'm ready for them...

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/EvilDoctor/Ticats%206_zpsdsitzure.jpg

Fantastic news! :smiley:

Players respect Kent and want to play for him. I think it is bigger than any FA signing the team could have done.
VERY happy!

Great news! :rockin:

How do you know that Jeff Reinebold or Tommy Condel or ????? wouldn't be a better head coaching candidate than Steinauer when the time comes?

I don't. I do know that OS has impressed me a great deal in his time in Hamilton.

There is no mention into the $, but you would think it has to at least equal the recent money that Jones signed for in Regina.

in Kent we trust :rockin: :rockin: :thup: :thup:

The question was asked at the 6 minute mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5th_GDBbuY :cowboy:

There was another key question posed at the 4:25 mark, which Austin answered with more great news for, at least, 2016 -- "All the co-ordinators are under contract" and there is just one, among the other coaches, who is yet to be confirmed as returning because of the possibility of his being interviewed for another job. That coach wasn't named.

YES!

The stubble shall continue!

Notes: Austin confirmed that all three coordinators will return next season with Tommy Condell (offence), Orlondo Steinauer (defence) and Jeff Reinebold (special teams) back for a fourth straight year. “The players respond to them, they know how to coach and how to develop, how to evaluate and they’re completely unselfish, they just want to win…? Austin said… CFL free agency opens on Feb. 9 and a number of key Ticats, including defensive tackle Ted Laurent, receiver Andy Fantuz and defensive back Courtney Stephen are slated to hit the open market. “We certainly have what-if scenarios in the event things don’t play out the way we want them to with a particular player or group of players,? Austin said. “We’re executing the plan to the best of our ability and I think it’s playing out pretty decently right now.?

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

FEAR THE BEARD :thup: :thup: :cowboy:

Nah, I think Hammer had the right idea…

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/EvilDoctor/Ticats%207_zpssnz3j5mf.jpg