Ken Miller = CFL COACH OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Really, ro? Not even worthy of consideration? So if the riders finish 1st, and the Stamps are 3rd, it is still between Huffer and Trestman, right? With the massive number of injuries the Riders have had, and then the goofy QB trade, Miller has, to my mind, done a better job of coaching than last years victor. And he most certainly will get consideration. I think it is pretty clear who the 3 finalists will be, we just do not know who will win—and it still could be Miller.
But I would agree that Trestman is the favourite at the moment.

Im sure he will get concideration....I just wont agree with it.

You take the starting 5 receivers off any team in this league and they are going to struggle a bit, that alone should warrant some consideration for Miller and how well he's held the team afloat. That said barring a complete collapse this is Trestman's to lose IMO. Coming in with the team that had given up the most sacks last year, and suddenly they've given up the least. Add to that he's a rookie CFL coach with zero previous experience and I think it would take something awful by the Als at the end here for him to lose it.

As I said, as of now, Trestman is the clear front runner. But how does Huffer get consideration over Miller? His team was made the pre=season favourite by many, and the Riders were predicted to fade, and the injuries that Miller has dealt with have been incredible.
No way does Huffer deserve the award more if his team finishes 3rd and the Riders 1st. Miller could indeed win this and deservedly so…

I'd have Trestman, Miller, and Hufnagel in that order.

Miller has to be given strong consideration, I cannot remember a CFL team having as many serious injuries to key starters, and also having traded away their starting QB and still performing at a high level.

For that, Miller deserves very serious consideration.

I like, however, the idea of awards for Offensive and Defensive coordinators, maybe it is time for that to happen.

Richie Hall would be the hands down winner of the D/C award. O/C would be more difficult....the Als' offence has been amazing this year, but that I think is more due to Trestman than it is to the official O/C, Milanovich.

Wally has had a good year but he always is above average and he's been working with a core group for a few years now so what he's doing is no big deal.

I tell you one thing though. I'd take Wally in a street rumble any day over the other coaches. Miller would keel over before the fight started. Huffnagel, while I do like him and very much respect what he has done for the Stumps this year, seems to me like he's from the Hamptons and quite frankly I'm surprised he doesn't tie a sweater around his neck and wear driving gloves. Machocia would just turtle but could probably cuss up a blue streak like Quebecois are famous for. Doug Berry could probably open a can of whoop a$$ but not quite as tough as Wally.

What does that have to do with anything...? :?

Nothing, shocking as that may be...

Miller should get lots of consideration… he only has lost his entire receiving corps from the start of the year, save for Grant. As of right now there are 21 guys on that injured list, yet despite of all of that they are tied for first at 9-5 – nah no consideration for KM… :roll:

What does any of this have to do with anything?

I was just thinking about different coaches personalitiesand personas.

...and it had nothing to do with the topic...back on track, m'kay?

To be fair, his post was better thought out than any of ro’s on this thread…

Again, back to coach of the year...

Right-o, then. I'm still waiting for someone to nominate Marcel "how many silent ells are in my last name" Beulleiffeillle.

If they end up running the table and take 2nd place in the east, I can see it happening.

Wonder what kind of odds I could get on that?

I'm not sure we have enough numbers....

What about Pinball...??

He did "coach" for 2-3 games.....lol

I'm biased...Trestman....close second Huff...

Trestman and Miller are the top right now. I couldn't choose between the two at this point.

If Sask loses all it last games Calgary goes 2-2, and the Lions win out how does Wally not get consideration? There is 4 games left to play my friends with WAY to much on the line especially the next game of Sask vs Calgary. To early to say anyone is a favorite to win it all. Except in the east where Trest is really the only coach you can consider out there.

Fair comment. I guess people are just so anxious that they want to guess anyways. Although win-loss record is not all that is considered.