Kelly not going anywhere...

...God help the Bombers... :lol:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=297964

I think it's a good move by the Bombers, Kelly at least admitted Lefors couldn't do the job and moved on and got a fair bit out of Bishop, more next year I think. He's likeable actually.

You only say that because you're a Ti-Cats fan. :lol:

If people were paying attention, you would know that the Bombers are still paying Berry and can't afford to have three head coaches on the payroll. So it's not surprising at all ! The Bombers were a QB away from being 10-8, they weren't that bad. He will probably get the 1st 8 or 9 games next year to see if the team is headed in the right direction. The players are behind him and if the Bombers find a consistaint QB they will be fine next year.

The guy may be controversial. But I don’t think he’s all that bad of a coach. I never really saw why he’d get fired.

Also, I’ve heard Kelly actually make some smart comments in interviews. I don’t think he’s as much of a tool as he lets on.

Two blind mice 8)

Such a mess anyway, give the two a year to clean up their own litter and let the chips fall where they may :wink:

I have to agree, Chief!! My condolences Bomber fans....you deserve better!!!

I agree with Earl. The guys is fairly like-able and the Bombers don't suck - at least not by Argo standards anyway :lol:

How is the guy likeable? That baffles me. :lol:

Obviously, the prudent thing to do would be to keep Kelly, you're right. It just sucks... I definitely wouldn't want this clown coaching my team. Too much of circus atmosphere surrounding him.

Edit: I think you guys might also need to find another receiver or two... Kelly did a number on the receiving corps...

/facepalm
Lets see how long the Bombers brass can keep their heads up their arses...

You've never met him in person. Everyone I know who has met him (whether they support him or not) has said he is a very likable guy.

Hmm... maybe it's a behind the scenes thing. Whenever I read a comment by him, or watch an interview with him, or whatever, he just seems so confrontational. :lol:

So what are the chances of bishop staying on? i know hes not the greatest... i just feel with some great coaching, he could be a cfl Quarterback in the top 4 qb's. i quess im opomistic... or, what if he became a backup to someone like printers. i dont know... im just hoping theres room for him somewhere in the cfl. back with the argos?

I think I've heard that same tune on Bishop since he's entered the league. He's what, 34 now, getting up there in age to have "potential". I think there are some QB's that just don't learn from their mistakes, Bishop being one of them.

When Kelly's attacked, he bites back so to speak and the Winnipeg media does everything it can to push every button they can think of and more because it makes a good soundbite. Yes, he should take a deep breath and count to 10 before answering at times but when he does (which is the majority of the time) they don't show that on TV or write about in the paper.

Could be worse, they could get Rita and Mohns! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

But I'm talking even when he does the halftime interview... Like I said, it's just the impression that I get.

I never noticed that. He seems just like any other coach any time I've seen him being interviewed on the sidelines.

It's a chicken and egg thing. . . did the press get on Kelly's case first and that made him confrontational, or was he an arrogant jerk who attacked the press first so that they turned on him?

Don't know, don't really care. . . as I've said before, hate the press if you will, but if you are in the public eye (politician, sports figure), you'd better develop a thick skin pretty quick and try to get along with them or they'll ruin you. . . maybe it isn't fair but it is reality.

So, STARTING off an interview, as Kelly did during the spying controversy, by calling the reporters "lazy asses" before they'd even asked a question is counterproductive, and Kelly should have known that. Hope he's learned that little lesson.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thdn: :twisted: :cry: :oops: :x :? :frowning: :o :expressionless:

how could the GM do that to the organization? Do they want to lose?????

Bishop I can deal with, because he could have some fuel left in his tank, but Kelly needed to go! He wouldn't even challenge the fact the the refs got the call wrong on an FG!!!!!!

BRING BACK DOUG BERRY!!! that man could at least get us into the playoffs!

unbelievable, you think they like to lose... We want to win a Grey Cup, after all we have almost 20 years overdue for one.