Kelly apologizes

Good one MadJack :lol:

…First of all…Mike Kelly is and will always be Mike Kelly…he grates on some peoples nerves and is as stubborn as a mule…Some people respect the ‘tough guy’ image…others would like a more ‘Trestman style guy’…Personally I think a guy like Kelly always runs the risk of being ‘attacked’ for his forthright position and NOT ‘pulling any punches’…I respect his position cuz he sticks by it…Can it be a little more …lets say ‘diplomatic’…of course…BUT the real Mike Kelly is and will always be ,present…I’ve followed this team for many years and have always liked a coach that put the players first…He is like he says he is…a passionate BlueBomber…

…Regarding the media…I don’t know whether anyone remembers my comments on the local media at the beginning of the year…what i said was i didn’t think they were giving ‘fair’ comment to the new coach and team… Every change that was made was ‘microscoped’ and mostly negatively commented on…and this without even seeing the result…My take was that a few players who exited the club had some ‘tight’ realtionships with some local media guys and they didn’t like it…I have never really witnessed the kind of negative reception Kelly got on his arrival, before…Certainly Mike didn’t do a lot to improve the situation but that;s just his nature…His creed is …IF you want to crap on me…expect the same in return…We also have to take into account that the local media has a job to do…they report on the Bombers …good and bad…HOWEVER when it looks to be a negative/unfair slanted’ attack…I’ll stick with Kelly…

…Reading Paul Friesen (local sport scribe for the sun)this morning you can understand where Kelly is coming from…Instead of building on a very important game this weekend he continues on with the Kelly incident of last sun…This team deserves better support than that from local media types…instead of dwelling on the negative…I say leave this stuff till the Bombers play out the season , whichever way it goes…Kelly will be held accountable at the end of 09 …one way or the other…meanwhile give this team and its players the support it deserves…cuz without that this team goes nowhere…Just my take… :slight_smile:

Amen…

Maybe if Kelly stopped coming across as a psychotic individual, Friesen would run out of facts. I dare you to show me one thing that is not acurate in his article.

I think that's part of Papa's point...Friesen only writes about the negative.

This is his first article since before the Bomber's win over the Als...(when he ridiculed Kelly's saying the Bomber's matched up with the Als, other than experience at qb.)

…I dare you you show me anywhere in the article where he is supportive of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers… Oh yeah, i forgot ,you probably can’t see that fact because you are an Als./ TiCat supporter… :lol:

papa he’s got a point. Being dismissive of Friesen’s article just because Friesen isnt’ a sycophant or a cheerleader is an ad hominem argument.

Maybe Friesen is always negative; maybe he isn’t supportive of the Bombers. It matters not. . . is his article accurate or not?

Lots of Als’ fans are really down on the Gazette writer, Herb Zurkowsky. . . for much the same reason, he seems to delight in being negative. But I think that misses the point. If he’s accurate he’s accurate; if he isn’t he isn’t. I generally prefer to deal with what the writer says, not who’s saying it.

For example, if housedog were to come in here and say the sky is blue, I wouldn’t be dismissive of him just because he’s already proven himself to be a liar with no integrity. As the saying goes, even a broken clock is correct two times a day.

But I do agree with your other sentiment, to the effect of let’s leave all this nonsense behind and deal with what needs being dealt with after the season. . . all priority and focus should be on the upcoming game.

If, at the end of the season, Kelly’s behaviour is reviewed and found wanting such that a change is required, so be it.

But now, a few days before the biggest game of year, is not the time for that.

Listen to this man! :thup: :thup: :thup:

…listen to this man…WHY…you’re the same guy…lol

…seriously i have no problem with accurate, factual reporting…it’s the continual negative drivel i dislike…Reporting is
all about ‘balanced’ content…i don’t see much from Friesen…someone should let him know there’s a BIG game this Sunday…but then …maybe he’s more interested in Kelly and his comments…The team is made-up of more than Mike Kelly :wink: …I agree Friesen is just a messenger and you don’t shoot them but…hmmmmmmmm …no forget it… :lol:

Good one Papa!!
All you wonderful Bomber haters out there should be very grateful that Bauer hired Kelly or you’d have NO LIFE AT ALL!!
It makes me laugh!!! Do I agree with the hiring of Kelly overall?? I’am probably about 50/50 on it. Do I believe that the Bombers should fire Kelly if they miss the playoffs this year?? NO THEY SHOULD NOT!! Cry me a river!! The guy was pissed and he bloody well should of been!! Oh well!!! All I care about is that this team get it together,play hard and win this weekend and at least the weekend after…if that happens 99% of us won’t give a hoot about what MK said to anybody and if they lose then all the power to Hamilton and hopefully we get our act together big time, before training camp 2010!!

Funny how Ed Tait seems to be the only reporter in town who get's it. I guess it helps when your employer isn't desperate for ratings.

[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/now-back-to-task-at-hand-68833477.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 33477.html[/url]

Ed Tait is not endorsing Kelly, he is doing the same thing as the bunch at CJOB, making sure they aren't accused of being a factor in the weekend's game.

Kelly will be judged mostly on results when the season is over.

Hmmm, seems you can’t or don’t read, would explain a lot of your drivel around here.

Sure, if the Bomber boss was somehow attempting to distract attention from the five-touchdown beat-down his team took from the Montreal Alouettes Sunday afternoon with his post-game reaction, the ruse worked -- even if it's a movie everyone has seen many times before this season.