Keith Defensive Player of the Week

Congrats to our newest pass rusher. He played one heck of a game Friday night.

I'll have to check, but it seems to me a TiCat has been among the weekly winners most of the season.

So im assuming Setta was robbed.

Keith was a monster out there. Great impact and a great way to solidify his future.

I haven't seen who won, but I'm gonna assume it was Dorsey for his kickoff return TD. Not really robbery, those are still rare, although not as rare as last year.

Setta and Williams got "honourable mention"..Congrats to both of them and to Keith as well.

JFL... the correct answer was "YES"

Lets check out Setta's stats:
5/5 + punt single 16 points + 45.7 yd punt average.

(That is to say... he practically won the game for us)

Dorsey had a long return TD (on a team that generally got a lot of specials teams points in recent years... ie good blocking...)

it was 118 yards, and he still only averaged 40 yards per kickoff return... 11 for punt returns...

Setta was robbed!

Congratulations to Charlton Keith, Richie Williams and Nick Setta for garnering some favourable CFL recognition this week.

In an excerpt from an interview with Coach Taaffe on the CHCH TV sportscast tonight, he expressed gratitude for the play Charlton Keith. He stated, with a smile, that Keith simply showed up at the stadium one day and said he had heard that the Ticats could use a defensive end. They gave him a tryout and he has obviously been very impressive so far.

4 field goals were from 37 yards or less. If you can't make 98% of those (an arbitrary number on my part) you shouldn't be a professional kicker.
And he wasn't trying for a punt single, he was trying to pin them deep.

He made an extra-long field goal and punted above average. I'm not knocking him, he did a great job. I just don't think it's as clear-cut that it would be considered "robbery". Either guy could have won it. Really, what does it matter?

As has already been said, kudos to Keith, Setta & Williams.

Very neat story and refreshing to see player personnel decisions have improved since DeAngelis came knocking on the Tiger Cats door.

Good for him! He deserves it!

He sure does, he played an inspired game. Lucky for us he found out about us and showed up at the stadium that day. Congratulations and keep it up.

A plus in a very bad year.

The Way Mr Keith Played You knew it was his for the taking
Congrats to Him

That is a great story. I wish that would happen more often..lol.

In an excerpt from an interview with Coach Taaffe on the CHCH TV sportscast tonight, he expressed gratitude for the play Charlton Keith. He stated, with a smile, that Keith simply showed up at the stadium one day and said he had heard that the Ticats could use a defensive end. They gave him a tryout and he has obviously been very impressive so far.
I think people are taking this story to literally. Taaffe is just illustrating how much of an impact he has had in such a short time.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn’t being serious.

Apparently it wasn't that obvious..lol. I didn't see the interview though. Is it Friday yet??

According to the Spec, Defensive End Charlton Keith was awarded OFFENSIVE player of the week. Great editing again.
Anyways, congratulations to Keith...great game!!!
Does this mean he won't be starting at defensive end the following week just like Nate Curry after he won Special Teams player of the week???

Our Cats have had some great DEs in the past and its looking like this guy will fit right in with them.