Keeping the Faith "I Believe"

Not worried..We will win against the Redblacks and the Argos will loose against Mtl, and then the Cats will be one game up one the Argos Sück. Then we will beat Mtl is the last HOME game of the year, it will be a PACKED house and we will go undefeated at home, then we will get a home game playoff against the team that crosses over from the West and still be undefeated at home. Then its off to BC and win the 2014 Grey Cup. #GoCatsGo #OskeeWeeWee

keep the faith bruce but they better wake up offensively

I think you missed a game after the crossover game.

Or he’s saying that in his scenario the Cats will win that last game by 8+ points and then the crossover team will beat Montreal in the semis.

But I love the post. This is not the time to be negative. The Cats still control their own destiny.

Not if that scenario plays out exactly how Bruce laid it out and we beat MTL by 8+ because that'd mean we finished first, got the bye, and the crossover team won the East semi in MTL.

Why do we have to beat MTL by 8 points , what happens if we beat them by 7 points ? This would mean the next tie breaker between these two would be total points " for" scored throughout the season , if that is the case, the Cats have a healthy lead,............ up to this point at least . Please correct me if my interpretation/understanding is flawed.

Just winning the last two and beating Mtl by 8 will get a playoff berth. The Argos control their own destiny too, they can take 1st by beating the Als on the road and the Als will be eliminated assuming the Ticats beat the Als on the 8th.
That final game of the year would be HUGE if the Als lose next week to the Argos.

Ok , I understand all that you are saying , what I am trying to determine is , …IF MTL is 2 points up in the standings on the Cats going into the last game at THF , why do the Cats have to win by 8 points to finish ahead of the ALs in the standing , IF they have more points FOR throughout the season,… would winning that last game by 7 points and having more points scored throughout the season not give the cats the lead over the ALs in the standings at the end.

Tie breakers come down to the season series, Mtl beat the Ticats 38 - 31 in their previous meeting, so if the Ticats don’t beat the Als by 8 points, the Als win the series. If they beat the Als by 7 then I think it comes down to points scored against for the tie breaker.

I sure love your faith…and I hope you are right…we need 60 minutes of aggression on both sides of the ball…and yes…if it means running up the score “good”…must LEARN to win big!

Bruce: Way to go!!! I love it. :smiley: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Here’s the tiebreaking procedure as of 2013 (the version of the rule book that is currently on cfl.ca):

a) has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then
b) has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then
c) has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then
d) has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s),then
e) has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then
f) has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then
g) has scored the higher quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then
h) has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then
i) has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then
j) has won a coin toss against the other tied Club.

If Hamilton and Montreal end up tied at the end of the season, with the Ticats winning the final game by 7, the first 4 clauses would all be tied (records and points for/against between Ham/Mtl), so it would come down to (e), record within the division. Hamilton is 3-3 vs the East, and Monteal is 5-1. So assuming both teams win next week and we beat Montreal, it ends up with Hamilton 5-3 and Montreal 6-2, so they get the tiebreaker.
(or 4-4 vs 5-3 if we both lose next week, same result)
Any other combination of results wouldn’t create a tie in the standings.

This team can do it! They can also self destruct too!

No matter who plays from east in Grey cup they’ll lose to west

The west is superior conference in the CFL

Calgary is my Pick to win it all .

I dunno. in spite of the fact that Calgary keeps winning, something seems off with them. I think ed will take them.

ticats did well against Edmonton. expect a good game if it is eksticats for the cup.

A West final between Edmonton and Calgary is interesting to me because Calgary won all 3 games convincingly against Edmonton this season. How often has a team gone 4-0 against an opponent in one season ?

Thanks for the 2010 reminder HFX. Ive been trying to block that memory. :cry: :thdn

It happened last season (2013). Hamilton took 4 wins from Winnipeg

July 13 25 - 20
August 16 37-18
August 24 37 - 14
November 2 37 - 7