Keep Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya but they both played as well as or better than the young bloods. ok maybe not 1st stringers but at least keep them here so they can retire here. As an argo fan you should be proud of the fact your team spent money on a usless nfl runningback.. Did he work for his money? I bet you real star Avery feels good about being put on the back burner while "the star" plays and does nothing.How much did Argos actually pay for him to play here and for what??

Well from what I've read and heard on the radio/tv, Ricky Williams fit in pretty well right from training camp. He even asked to be part of the rookie hazing at training camp. He doesn't appear to have the prima donna complex that so many stars seem to have although there's no doubt that he marches to the beat of his own drummer. He didn't run to the US for his rehab but chose to do it in Toronto and London (Ontario). He brought his family up to Toronto--since his daughter was born here, she's Canadian. I've watched him pretty closely since he's come back from his injury and he seems to be playing well and not just when he carries the ball. Watch him and you'll see that he does the small things like block away from the play, congratulates team mates for good plays, takes coaching on the sidelines well, etc. He and Avery seem to be on friendly terms although I'm sure that as a competitor, Avery wasn't happy when Williams was signed. To the best of his ability, Williams has worked for his money---who knew he'd be injured? Hopefully, he'll be back to 100% by the playoffs. Incidentally, he also participates in the various Argo community efforts of which there are many.

As for what he makes, I have no idea nor do I care as long is it is within the league's rules.

Back to Hitch and Morreale for a second, what you say is true--both played about as well as the younger guys. And therein lies the problem!! Of course, have them, retire as Cats. My point was that if the Cats can't improve on these two for 2007, then Cats fans are in for another long year.

I hate to say it but Hitch reminds me of Mike Oshea--neither is around the ball like they used to be. There was a time when both Hitch and Oshea were around the ball all the time. It's just not true anymore. Both should retire after this season.

An Argo fan

dont get me wrong.As much as we have a rivalry, i could only wish Pinball would come to his sences and coach our team!!! lol hey if im gunna dream dream big. This past off season i met a few Argo players. they made my "hatred" for the argos lessen actually alot. they made me realize that yes we need a rivalry but we alot need to love the game. i am sorry if i cut ricky up...... i honestly think he is a awesome player what i was getting at was the fact that you already had a superstar in Avery.

Hitchcock and Morreale should both come to training camp if they wish. They should be treated no differently than any other players attempting to make the team.

We definitely owe them a debt of gratitude for what they have done in the past, but football is a cut throat business and if they show up inadequately prepared for next season, they should then either retire as Tigercats or get traded and eventually retire as members of another team. That would be their decisions.

Personally, I think they can both play another year or two. This being said, and taking into consideration their respective ages, the off season may prove to be their nemesis.

I also think, that if this scenerio evolves, they could, if they wish, consider coaching careers.

I would allude for a moment to a couple of games ago when the TSN announcers agreed that the Ticats are perhaps 5 or 6 players away from being real contenders in the CFL.
These announcers had nothing but praise for Hitch and Morreale. Age is just a number.

"only good teams can keep their “hometown player”

Who said that and on what thread?

I agree. That is very untrue.

deleted duplication