Keep the Als Defense honest

By running some draws, screens, swing passes etc. This will make them think twice when they blitz, and should give Richie some more time. Last week the defense knew what we were going to do before every play, so they blitzed every play and got the QB. but if you throw some passes and run some draws where the play develops more quickly, the defense will not blitz as much, and will drop more guys into coverage, giving Richie more time.

With rookie DBs I would expect Montreal to blitz a lot to take some of the pressure off the young starters. Hot routes and screens might help, but I want to see the Cat's tall receivers one on one with the rooks. Jump balls all day until they stop it.

BillyDee87 is wise.

I was thinking the same thing. Especially since we have our back-up in.

At least early on, with a loud home crowd, I'm expecting a whole pile of blitzing.

Yes, a lot of blitzing. Bellefeuille, please take note of this.

All I hope is they have blocking/roll out schemes to pick up the blitz's. Is that too much to ask?

And screens and draws and hot routes are all fine, but you start doing those plays every time a defence blitz's then it becomes very predictable then teams will blitz just to bait you into running those plays so they can then stuff them. The only defence those types of plays would work on all game is a Creehan defence.

And that's probably why teams blitz against us so much because we probably have a predictable set of plays that we run to beat the blitz.

Remember this is chess not checkers.

Drexl wrote,

All I hope is they have blocking/roll out schemes to pick up the blitz's. Is that too much to ask?

And screens and draws and hot routes are all fine, but you start doing those plays every time a defence blitz's then it becomes very predictable then teams will blitz just to bait you into running those plays so they can then stuff them. The only defence those types of plays would work on all game is a Creehan defence.

And that's probably why teams blitz against us so much because we probably have a predictable set of plays that we run to beat the blitz.

Remember this is chess not checkers.

True, Drexl.

Football is a game of chess. BillDee87 called it with our tall receivers preying on the Als dbs and cbs. Tall guys like Bauman and Rodriguez should see the ball more, to mix up the screens and draw plays. If the coaching can come up with a good game plan. This game is winnable. If our schemes our predictable and no on game adjustments are made. It`s going to be a long night.

I definitely think this game is winnable! Pretty excited for it, actually. Williams is sure to be pumped up with something to prove. Let's hope he can manage his emotions.

Sometimes, though, I think our schemes need to be more predictable. I mean, no one ever would've predicted us lining up in the shotgun on 2nd and 1 from the 6! (Okay...I'll leave that alone!)