keep playing Maas

Argo your as bad as sox , you really are !!!!

Not really. Stox is ignoring the changes that have been made in the management and is blaming all past failures on them. I'm living in the present thankyou very much

Yes and with all your wisdom your blaming the 4 losses on ONE player . Your a typical Ticat fan , it`s always the QBs fault and the turkeys surrounding him never get any blame !!!

Gotta agree with habman, Maas was fine.

The receiver postion is hurting us more than any other right now.

I would like to see Chang come in for a few series in the 2nd or 3rd to see him in a non pressure situation.Mass would be able to sit back and anylize knowing he will be going back in to seal the deal.

I agree that he hasn’t stood out.

His numbers are slightly worse than Maas’.

A frequently replanted tree yields little fruit.

His numbers would be a lot better if he also started to throw a lot of 3 yard passes. So lets look at the whole picture not just the “numbers”

He is throwing short passes.

His average pass is right in line with most other QBs including Maas. What makes you think he’s not throwing short passes like the other QBs are?

Of the top 12 QBs so far, all have an avg that ranges between 6.8 yds to 8.6 yds. Not much difference.

JMaas…6.8 avg…56.5%…rating 71.1
Chang…7.6 avg…47.1%…rating 58.3

Of the twelve, Chang has the worst completion rate, the worst QB rating and second worst interception rate. (Marcus Crandall having the worst)

JMaas...6.8 avg...56.5%.....rating 71.1 Chang...7.6 avg...47.1%.....rating 58.3

Of the twelve, Chang has the worst completion rate, the worst QB rating and second worst interception rate next to Marcus Crandall.

Dont forget CK that each time Chang has been brought in, he has been in a deep hole therefore requiring him to put the ball in the air and take more chances than he would if he would’ve been in the game sooner.

Argoconvert:

You are one of the few people on this thread who makes any sense at all. Keep it coming.
I predict all of these Maas supporters will be wondering how they could have supported such mediocrity when this team eventually finds a decent starting QB. The Tiger-Cats will never jell until that happens.

Not each time. Only in the Calgary game when the game was out of reach and the Calgary defence was giving him all the underneath stuff. No deep hole in the Montreal game. He was in a position to win the game for us. And he came in early enough in the Toronto game and went 4 for 11 with one int.

I'm not saying Chang can't do it. I just haven't seen anything outstanding from him yet.

And don't forget, for all intents and purposes, Maas has been playing from a hole too, especially in the last two games when the defence allowed easy TDs in the first drives vs. Montreal and BC.

I think the next 2 games will decide if Maas is gone or stays. If he doesn’t perform against Winnipeg he’s gone and the debate will be - why didn’t we replace him at the beginning of the season. If he does look good over the next 2 games and we win, we’ll be saying he just needed time to gel.

i have to disagree and i think you will see once this offence does jell and maas’ regains more confidence with this system.saying that he must continue to show progress and the next 2 games are telltale so we’ll see after friday.

emms1:

I hope you are right. But after almost a season and a half without “confidence” or results, you can’t blame people for being concerned.
I think this Friday is the watershed game. There HAS to be a win against Winnipeg. 0-5 may be too late to make any changes that will save the season, no matter who starts after that.

GEE! things are improving since the last time I loged in. We have gone from RUN MAAS
OUT OF TOWN to Keep Maas as a backup and play chang now! And i will say it again MAAS is
our best chance to win. He is more consistant that chang. Chang has shown no
consistancy as yet and needs to be brought
along slowly.
MAAS to Start every game, each game
Maas is getting more confedence.

CHOW!!!!

Funny thing about Chang not showing any consistancy. He hasn't had a chance to show any so how is this even an argument. I'm not saying Chang is the answer, I honestly haven't had an opportunity to see him play where he was determining the game's outcome. Even after he gets a chance it'll take 3 to 4 games before we'll have an inking of his real abilities

Agreed: I don't see how anyone can say Chang is inconsistent when he has never been given a chance to play. Damon Allen looked pretty inconsistent last week when he came off the bench in the dying minutes of the game. We all know how consistent he can be. We don't know if Chang is the guy until we give him a chance. One more point, if we get a win Friday it should not mean Maas is our man. He needs to play well and prove he can move the ball consistently. I would not be shocked to see him play another stinker and the Cats come home with a win thanks to a strong defence and Lumsden running the ball into the endzone. It will take more than a win for me to jump on the Maas bandwagon.

Let's Cut Mass now....

God doesn’t like it when you cut Mass.