Kavis Reed says goodbye

That would be a huge jump, especially with no other experience and could derail a coaching career before it really starts. However, Gass tended to make quick, rash decisions as a player so… :wink:

:cowboy:

He got to be a HC for 3 years for the team he loves and gets paid till the end of next year… Sometimes your dream job is not what you imagine it to be. He’ll be ok. I think his strengths are best as a coordinator or position coach working one on one with young guys.

I personally would be very happy to have Higgins back, unfortunately, I am in a minority as the is and was a very vocal, anti Higgins group in Edmonton. Never could figure out why. Have seen some comments pointing Higgins in Winnipegs direction.

He’s been coaching in the States. Where he’s at in his progression is anyone’s guess. Both he and Hervey are Californians so they may still be in touch. Gass is popular with fans and certainly fits the “eskimo way”. Might also be a good DC if Hervey decides to give the HC job to an “outsider”.

Whoever gets Higgins will have a very capable leader.
I'll be happy to see him again.

Really ? Higgins fired Matthews and stole his job, Matthews went to Montreal and came and won the GC at Commonwealth against the Eskimos that very same year.

that doesn't make him a less capable coach.
he won a grey cup, too. he turned calgary around.

i don't like tillman, but he's a capable GM when put on a team whose cupboards are bare. i give credit where credit is due.

what other candidates are available with experience?
matthews, higgins, machocia ( lol ), berry....

Didn’t know he had been coaching down south. His is popular in Edmonton, but I think he would be smarter to take at least one more step before HC. He was an the Asst DC with the Eskies so maybe a move to DC first. I think the Eskimos need someone with some credentials to step into that job if they can get someone.

He didn’t help his cause this season, however, I can’t lay all the blame on Reed. I have no doubt he will find a job somewhere and possibly another shot at HC one day. I just think with how screwed up things are in Edmonton it might be in his best interest in the long term to move on now.

I like Higgins as a football man. I just understand why he’s labeled as a Benedict Arnold type.

Higgins would be the perfect choice for everyone. Not only does Edmonton get a good HC, but the league is now forced to find a new chief official. Maybe they'll do something bold and daring and hire a former official for the job. Then again maybe Edmonton will hire Andre Proulx as their new HC.

with the esks having a young QB, perhaps someone who has a history of developing and taking a QB to the next level?
someone like kent austin ( who's pretty secure in hamilton ).

some have mentioned Dave Dickenson.
DD has turned down other HC opportunites before, but Milanovich turned down the argos a year before accepting, then guided them to a grey cup win.
maybe DD feels he's ready now?

seems to be slim pickings at the HC position right now. with winnipeg, edmonton and ottawa in the market, this should be very interesting to see who lands where.

If I’m Hervey. There is no way I’m hiring a former GM who has proven he will steal your job. :cowboy:

I can dream can’t I? :wink:

WildWestTSN first reported this over the weekend. He knew it before anyone else just like the Tim Burke / Khari Jones

LaPolice in my books would be a nice fit . We've gone down the Higgans road before DD and Rick Campbell come to mind as well but I hope the Esks don't go down that path again in hiring a rookie coach .
Now if we could get rid of Hervey, Eakins and Lowe in Edmonton this would be a great day.

LaPo has a losing record as head coach. He's also, not very compelling on tsn. I can see why players tune him out.

I doubt the presser had anything to do with it. Kavis knew what was coming. Hervey has been on the hotseat this year for his actions as GM, he had to make a move.

…As far as a replacement goes for Reed…I don’t see why Dave Dickensons name wouldn’t come up…If I remember correctly that he interviewed for the Ham. job a few awhile back but withdrew when he heard Cortez was being touted for the position…I don’t think geography came into play there…Edm. is just a stones throw away compared to Hamilton…I get the feeling Huf. likes coaching too much to leave the position…D.D. will have to go elsewhere to become a head coach…Just my take… :roll:

WildWestTSN first reported this???on the weekend???He knew it before anyone else??? That’s funny,cause there doesn’t seem to be a thread anywhere in this forum started by a member that goes by that name.Hmmmmmmmmm!!! All I can say is…Stay Tuned!!! :roll: :stuck_out_tongue: Mattsdad33/WildWestTSN/OBnetwork=

http://www.troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/oh-you-were-banned-for-being-annoying-and-now-youre-a-troll-you-must-be-the-best-troll-ever.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8816/successkidihad45thousan.jpg

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/attachments/android-general-discussions/2560d1265195525-android-so-annoying-youwillforget.jpg