Katz and Dean.....

Excellent piece by Steve Milton today....

click here

Steve Milton's article seems to sum up the contributions of Rob Katz and Christopher Dean to the Ticat franchise very well. It is also reassuring to know that they are just a phone call away if new Ticat president Scott Mitchell needs to consult with them on business-related matters.

That story about Katz being hired to find his replacement is perfectly plausible, but I've always had an alternative theory. If our 2006 season had turned out to be a success, I suspect we would not have been in such a hurry to replace Katz. If his off-season moves had turned out to be the recipe for a winning season, maybe Rob would have stayed on a little longer.

If Job One from the beginning was to replace himslef, why didn't Katz hire Desjardins in the last off-season? Could it be they wanted to wait and see if it was necessary based on team performance? After all, Desjardins is a "football man" even though his experience is entirely off the field. A few more years and Katz could have laid just as strong a claim to being a "football man" himself.

Just speculating. Anyone buy into this?

Don't know... but I appreciated Mr. Katz's willingness to mix it up with some of us on this board and to put himself into such a difficult position.

Thank you, Rob. All the best.

If our 2006 season had turned out to be a success, I suspect we would not have been in such a hurry to replace Katz.
It is possible but I really think your trying too hard. Look at Popp he came in to coach, it went well, and now he is coach. It happens. Nothing really out of the ordinary.
If Job One from the beginning was to replace himslef, why didn't Katz hire Desjardins in the last off-season? Could it be they wanted to wait and see if it was necessary based on team performance?
Remember Desjardins was under contract with Montreal even for the 2007 season. So I am sure it took some time to find the right person then some more time to convince them to come and for Montreal to agree.

Well said, Mark. I agree. Rob Katz was always willing to chat with fans and he never sugar-coated or double-talked. He told it like it was and made no excuses. I respect that.

Nice Read Mikey Thank you :slight_smile: